yay!!! I'm officially full term. :) (I think)

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Does this mean my baby can be born and not be considered as a prem?

I have been counting down to this day! x:happydance::headspin::happydance:

how many weeks are you?
37 weeks is not considered prem hun

how mant weeks are u hun ?

Me bloody ticker has vanished.
Yea, Im 37 weeks :)

Me bloody ticker has vanished.
Yea, Im 37 weeks :)

My ticker vanished too! You're right! Your pregnancy is now full term! And if Nicky was born now, he'd be considered a full term baby! Yay! But he's not allowed to be, because I'm having Joey first!!! :)

39+3 weeks!

My ticker vanished too! You're right! Your pregnancy is now full term! And if Nicky was born now, he'd be considered a full term baby! Yay! But he's not allowed to be, because I'm having Joey first!!! :)

39+3 weeks!
Bless lol.
Whats happening with you anyway? Anymore progress?

Ere, question for you, ya know when ya bump drops? does the size of your uterus decrease? My uterus was 35cm at 33+ weeks, then at 35 weeks, it was 35 cm (MW said if the head goes into pelvis further, it can cause that to happen, or if baby is stretched out) and now, it just seems like my fundal height is not going up and im not due to see my MW til a week before im due... just wondering if u could shed some light on that.

CMON JOEY... GET YOUR LIL BABY BUTT INTO GEAR! x

Bless lol.
Whats happening with you anyway? Anymore progress?

Ere, question for you, ya know when ya bump drops? does the size of your uterus decrease? My uterus was 35cm at 33+ weeks, then at 35 weeks, it was 35 cm (MW said if the head goes into pelvis further, it can cause that to happen, or if baby is stretched out) and now, it just seems like my fundal height is not going up and im not due to see my MW til a week before im due... just wondering if u could shed some light on that.

CMON JOEY... GET YOUR LIL BABY BUTT INTO GEAR! x

Well I haven't had any Internals at ALL! So I only know that last Wednesday 22nd his head was 2/5s engaged. I go see my GP today for a standard health check, and then to the hospital again on Wednesday 5th, and I'll know more then. Erm ... no real signs of labour as yet. More vag secretions, insane headaches, more congested, but nothing is happening yet ... :(

No I don't think the size of your uterus decreases at all until after you give birth. But yeah when the head goes into the pelvis, there is more room in the uterus for the baby's growing body. And your baby will stretch out more. My bump doesn't seem to have gotten much bigger since 36-weeks. They say that's normal especially when the baby drops, because Nicky won't be growing so much in length now. He'll just be putting on fat. Don't expect to get much bigger or even put on much more weight now.

Well I haven't had any Internals at ALL! So I only know that last Wednesday 22nd his head was 2/5s engaged. I go see my GP today for a standard health check, and then to the hospital again on Wednesday 5th, and I'll know more then. Erm ... no real signs of labour as yet. More vag secretions, insane headaches, more congested, but nothing is happening yet ... :(

No I don't think the size of your uterus decreases at all until after you give birth. But yeah when the head goes into the pelvis, there is more room in the uterus for the baby's growing body. And your baby will stretch out more. My bump doesn't seem to have gotten much bigger since 36-weeks. They say that's normal especially when the baby drops, because Nicky won't be growing so much in length now. He'll just be putting on fat. Don't expect to get much bigger or even put on much more weight now.
Is Joey your first baby?? They say you go overdue with your first, which is something Im hoping doesnt happen to me. I mean, I dunno, I dont really wanna give birth this week, or next for that matter, but I dont like the thought of going overdue either. Infact to be honest, I dont like the thought of any of it lol.
Dr's are meant to be discussing induction at next weeks appointment, but my MW claims they only tell you things like that to shut you up and keep ya sweet, pretty much like what they did to you?

Have you lost your plug yet? they say some women dont notice because theres way to much discharge as the pregnancy reaches to an end. But I dunno, this is my first baby so I really dont know what to expect!

You come across as someone whos already got children, I dunno why, very informative and always on hand to answer a question.. Me, I wouldnt know where to start if people were asking me things about their pregnancy...

Are you not trying to bring labour on yourself? have rampant sex or something, see if that works? chances are though, that wont work either.

My friend was overdue by 2 weeks and her baby weighed 10lbs, she's not exactly the smallest of women, but by god, TEN POUNDS? that had to sting a bit. Well hopefully you'll go into labour soon... i'll be sending you those labour vibes. x x x

Yes; Joey is my first baby, so yeah I'm expecting to go overdue. I get the feeling I'll get my membranes sweeped on Wed 5th, and then probably go into spontaneous labour next Fri or Sat. Well, they only suggested induction at 38-weeks because I wasn't gaining much weight, but then I began to gain weight, and so they decided to leave Joey where he is for now. They normally don't like to induce before 41-weeks anyway ... They'll probably schedule an induction for me on Wednesday for when I'm 41-weeks, but hope I go into spontaneous labour on my own. If everything is uncomplicated with your pregnancy, unless you live in the States, chances are you won't be induced unless you go overdue, and they don't really consider you overdue until you are about a week late.

I don't know if I've lost my plug. I get SO much discharge, but I think that's all it is - discharge. I don't think I've lost my plug.

Aw thanks but I only come across as someone whose already got kids because ever since I became pregnant, I have been researching like MAD! I'm almost obsessed. I like to know what's happening to me, and what will happen to me. Then I don't stress so much if something happens which I don't understand.

No, I'm not trying to bring on labour. I want it to happen spontaneously. In my opinion, Joey will come when he's ready and not before. I don't want to do anything which forces my body to go into labour when it is not ready, because that increases the chances of complications of labour, leading to c sections, vaccuum deliveries etc. Besides, I'm 39+3-weeks now. I've waited this long, I can wait another week or 2 if I have to, although these headaches I'm experiencing are getting so fierce, it's becoming difficult to cope. I'm not sleeping well, and I'm worried about not being fit to deliver as I'm not getting proper rest. I hope my GP can give me something today to help relieve these headaches. Paracetamol is useless.

So yeah I do hope I go into labour soon. Like you, I don't know what exactly to expect. But if I do go into labour before you do, then I'll tell you everything I went through. I keep a little pregnancy journal on how I am feeling every day and what is happening, so in future pregnancies I have, I'll know the warning signs.

Aoch! 10 pounds! They say Joey should be 8.6 pounds by the time I deliver, and I thought that was bad!

Excellent Louise, Im exactly 1 week behind you!:happydance:

Way to go Louise. Come on hun....We want to see your Bump. Picture! :lol:

poor louise getting hassled :rofl: well be spying on her next!!!

:rofl: Sorry Lousie :rofl: We do love you we are just all Bump Freaks here and we are just wanting to see your bump.... :rofl:

bump freaks indeed!!!! i love baby bumps :D:D:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->