• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Yay! Maternity leave..

Yazz_n_bump

Me, Fiancé & Jack! :)
Reaction score
.. I have finished my last shift :happydance:

I am offically on maternity leave till 28th November!:happydance:

Now here's the million dollar question what the heck am I gonna do with myself for the next 7 weeks as bubs isn't due till 22nd March!
Don't move potentially for another 2-4 weeks either! Haha... what have you girls been doing on maternity leave?

I finished work on Friday so am wondering how my first Monday morning will feel. I do plan to rest as much as I can, finish the final bits of shopping and pray for nesting urge! :shrug:

my last day is wednesday.

i was looking forward to it but im not now as i may get told tomorrow that i dont have a job anymore :(

my last day is wednesday.

i was looking forward to it but im not now as i may get told tomorrow that i dont have a job anymore :(

You may not have a job anymore? Surely they can't sack you two days before maternity leave?

Oh wow, i started maternity leave on the 7th jan and i am so bored now. I have redecorated downstairs and not allowed to do anymore (hubby says) and my baby is bound to be late :( Let me know what you do as i am running out of ideas to keep myself busy lol. P.S. Nice feeling though - knowing you can enjoy you baby for a good while after the birth without worrying about work.

Oh you lucky Lady :wohoo:

I still have four weeks to work :( Am struggling with work right now for lots of reasons and am trying to pep myself up that its Monday AGAIN so quickly and albeit I have four weeks until my Mat Leave starts I only have 16 actually working shifts....not really working though :dohh:

Hello

I finish on Friday....3.5 more days to go...woop woop!!!

I have saved quite a few jobs to do so thought I'd share:-
-Wash all of little ones clothes/blankets/bedding etc
-Sort out nursury- literally just have the cot up and thats all!!
-Pack and get all the stuff needed for my hosp bag
-Have baby shower on 12th Feb, so will need to shop for anything else I may be missing!
-Go swimming- brought a new costume today!
-Make some meals for the freezer
-Cathch up with friends etc
-Buy any birthday cards/gifts that you may need for a few weeks after the birth incase you don't get round to it
-Tidy the whole house
-Organise my kitchen to fit in bottles, steriliser and all new baby things!
-Get out all my clothes that I couldn't fit into out of the loft and probably re-wash
-Probably become more addicted to BnB!!!

Think that will keep me busy for a little while...I am like you have around 7ish weeks off then don't go back until 05/02/2012!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps
xxxxx

I finish work on Friday and I think this has been the longest Monday of my life - oh how this week will drag I am sure.

When I am off I am planning to...
Finish off decorating nursery
Wash all baby clothes,blankets etc
Paint the kitchen and hallway
Shop for remainder of baby items
Shop for my hospital bag
Pack hospital Bags
Cook and freeze batches of meals
Sort out rooms (not had chance since we moved here in October)
Go to visit my parents/family/friends on mat leave
Rest! I'm really suffering with SPD so I really cant wait to stop travelling into London.

I'm sure there will be plenty to do. I'm also due on 22nd March so makes a couple of us all going/gone on maternity leave - yey!!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"