Yay, my first BFP! ...or is it?

Coolchick123

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie and this is my first time posting so apologies if I've don't this in the wrong area or used the wrong terminology... Lol.

This is my first pregnancy and I wasn't sure how to react when my DH asked me to do a HPT as he felt in his heart that I was pregnant as he'd noticed some changes in me...

We've been TTC for quite a while now and last month we had a really upsetting time as we thought I was finally pregnant because I was late but when I was going to test AF the witch showed up... :af::witch::cry:

So anyway, back to this month. I didn't want to get my hopes up but DH went and got me a Clearblue Digital with conception indicator HPT. I POAS, replaced the cap and put it so we could both see it. I was paying much attention to it as it was flashing for what seemed like ages! I tried to take my mind off it and then all of a sudden my DH let out an excited scream. I turned to look at him and he pointed at our first :bfp: :happydance:

I couldn't believe it! It said Pregnant 1-2. We were so happy but in the back of my mind I was scared it was a false positive.

A couple of days later, I did another of the same test and got another :bfp:
With the same result!

But today, I used a cheapy HPT and got a line that was barely visible ... I should be 5 weeks now...

Am I pregnant or not? The gave a sample to the drs but the lab didn't check my hcg levels and only checked for a uti. I've got an appointment with the midwife on Monday though...

I've attached the photos of the tests- please have a look and let me know what you think! I can't get this out of my head...

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 37
Sorry I've attached the cheapy HPT pic too!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 36
Hello and welcome,

Sorry to hear about last month :hugs: I can easily see you beautiful lines & there's no denying that digi. A defo :bfp: I know it's hard to believe after ttc for a while but you've done it! Congrats and enjoy xxxx

Hello and welcome,

Sorry to hear about last month :hugs: I can easily see you beautiful lines & there's no denying that digi. A defo :bfp: I know it's hard to believe after ttc for a while but you've done it! Congrats and enjoy xxxx

Thank you so much! I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me with the lines!

Congrats! Bfp, for sure!

Thank you so much ladies- it's great to have such support from this forum! I feel so excited now!! 😊

Congratulations.
I have cheap tests that are very faint,but also a digi and a FRER that clearly show im pregnant,this is my 2nd baby and the worrying is just the same!
Have a wonderful pregnancy
:dust:

Congratulations.
I have cheap tests that are very faint,but also a digi and a FRER that clearly show im pregnant,this is my 2nd baby and the worrying is just the same!
Have a wonderful pregnancy
:dust:

I can't really stop the worrying no matter how hard I try so I know how you feel! I'm seeing the midwife on Monday and should be having a scan to make sure it's all ok so hoping that will ease the worrying. Congrats to you too- hope you have a h&h 9 months!

My line was fainter than your cheapy test and I'm 13weeks tomorrow! Your definitely pregnant!

X

Yes, definitely pregnant! Congratulations! Happy and healthy 9 months! :)

defo pregnant!! and you and your DH are so so sweet! and so sweet how he made you test! congratulations!!

That's actually a pretty good line for a cheapy test - they can be waaaaay fainter than that and still positive. It can take them weeks to get as dark as the control line.

I love your story, what a lovely hubby you have. Congratulations and a very happy and healthy 9 months to you. I shall see you on the 1st Trimester board ;)

Cheapies are always fainter that's why they r so cheap! Can't deny the digital one tho. You might find that the cheapie one would be darker if u take it a week later as I took a cheapie on the day AF was due and it was negative I took a first response a couple of days later and the positive result came up strong straight away!. Welcome to the mommy club!

That's actually a pretty good line for a cheapy test - they can be waaaaay fainter than that and still positive. It can take them weeks to get as dark as the control line.

I love your story, what a lovely hubby you have. Congratulations and a very happy and healthy 9 months to you. I shall see you on the 1st Trimester board ;)

Thank you so much! Congrats to you too! See you there! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->