yeah home at last!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by hondagirl, Dec 12, 2009.

1. hondagirl

hondagirl Well-Known Member

Well, they finally let me out of hospital yesterday after a stay of 4 days, it was slowly driving me around the twist! You cant really sleep at all, there is virtually nothing to do and the ward had a 'birth partner 'only policy due to swine flu so I had to meet my kids at the ward door! In the end the blood pressure tablets finally started to work. By thursday I was still getting readings of 160/100 even on the tablets so they scanned baby to check position and size - head down and about 6 pounds and then examined me to see if i was anything like ready for induction. Turned out i was 1cm anyway, soft and central and perfect for induction, she did a sweep which wasnt half as bad as i expected and said we will induce within a week. By evening my bp started to fall and by friday they began to talk about 'getting to 37/38 weeks and letting me go home' So now the plan is i have to go in again on monday and wednesday, get bp and monitor done and they will re assess. When i was taken in on tuesday i was put on a monitor and had regular contractions, coming 4 times every 10 mins! then they just stopped- weird eh!
    so, fingers crossed for next week and hopefully we will see baby before christmas:happydance:

2. Mitsuko

Mitsuko Are we there yet?

Glad to hear you're fine! Not too long to wait now! Yay!

3. Squidge

Squidge Mummy & WTT <3

Glad everything is ok :hugs: