Yearly Examination?!?

augustluvers

LTTC #1
Reaction score
Next thursday I have an appointment with my OBGYN. It'll be my first visit with this office/Doctor and I have no idea what to expect. I've been to an OBGYN before but never had a yearly examination/pap smear so I'm more then likely getting one done next week.

What's it like? What should I expect? Any advice as to how to prepare for one?

Gosh, I'm so nervous and scared!!! :haha: yeah, that's me laughing at myself... LOL... Anyway, any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Yours truly,
The August Luver ;)

Well, I think every obgyn is different. Mine did the usual weight, blood pressure, and then I put on one of those gown things. The Dr came in and made me lay back (I was prepared for the girly check up part) had me put my arm up and started checking my boobies! LOL I did not think about him doing that. Then he puts this thing in your vagina to open it up and he sticks this q tip looking thing in there and gets a swab and puts it in a jar to have tested. That was about it for me. (can you tell I am not in the medical field, maybe someone who is a nurse will respond so they can give you the correct terminology)

I have to add my first trip to the gyno I was pregnant and my husband had come along. He was sitting at my feet watching all the action. LOL

Thank you so much for responding to my post :hugs:

I'm not in the medical field either, but I got what you explained to me. I'm just over thinking it I think... :/ Makes me nervous to know someone is all in my stuff other then my husband, lol

When I'm pregnant I will definetly make my husband go with me.

Its not that bad. They usually have a nurse in the room too. (If your husband doesn't go). My first one (at the health department when I went to get BC) I had I guess some air got up in there and when I sat up I made this farting sound. OH MY I was so embarrassed. I know it has to happen to other people cause nothing was said! Now its just funny!

You will do fine! I know the first time is the hardest. When you become pregnant it becomes easier in the end. For me I got to the point where I really did not care who saw it. EXCEPT my MIL I dont know why but I do NOT want her looking! (I have had 2 boys) the second she was supose to leave the room but she did not.

YOUR WELCOME!!!!! :)

its not that bad n when you get pregnant your twat get examined so many darn times that by the end you go into a doctors office n just hop up n put your feet in the holders cause its so routine and if your afraid of needles thats curbed pretty fast aswell because they take blood samples so often they dont even faze you anymore. Just think of this as the beginning of a new routine lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->