Yeast Infection - ARGH HELP!

jaan613

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am so so so uncomfortable, the burning itching is driving me insane!! :(

Went to see my doctor three days ago as soon as I felt the little bit of itch 'down there'. Right away she said it was a yeast infection and it wasn't too bad, but it was there. She told me to get off crinone and start the 3 day canestan vaginal suppository (200 mg each dosage) and take duphaston orally instead of crinone.

Well, last night was my last dose of canestan and I feel zero relief, infact I feel worse than I did day 1. I feel like screaming, I am so so miserable. I spoke to my doctor today and she said to take canestan for two more days and hopefully I will get relief by then. Also to stay off crinone for two more days. (We're worried to be off crinone too long as this was an IUI pregnancy and I have an SCH.)

Any tips on helping relieving the itch/burning sensation and how to get rid of this damn nasty yeast infection?? :(

I am sooOOoooooo dry and tender down there that even inserting the tablet is soooooo painful and I don't think I can get it that high up because I am so so tight. It doesn't come with an applicator here in asia. :shrug:

Someone please help me!

Hey I got a ton of these last pregnancy! :dohh: but everytime I got a cream as well as a tablet thing? Like canestan due? Did you not get a cream? I found that helped the burning and even helped to get the tablet up there haha, Hope you feel better soon :flower:

Hey I got a ton of these last pregnancy! :dohh: but everytime I got a cream as well as a tablet thing? Like canestan due? Did you not get a cream? I found that helped the burning and even helped to get the tablet up there haha, Hope you feel better soon :flower:

Thanks for replying! I only got the 3 day tablets and wasn't prescribed any cream. Since she told me to continue for 2 more days, I will see if I can pick up any cream this evening too. Suck an ick feeling...

How did you manage not to go crazy if you kept getting it in your last pregnancy? I am going mental!

Thanks for replying! I only got the 3 day tablets and wasn't prescribed any cream. Since she told me to continue for 2 more days, I will see if I can pick up any cream this evening too. Suck an ick feeling...

How did you manage not to go crazy if you kept getting it in your last pregnancy? I am going mental!

That's odd I always got the cream as well as the other thing, haha well I only started getting it in the middle of second tri till the end on and off like and tbh I got a lot of braxton hicks contractions at that time so that kept me too busy in pain for anything else :haha: but like I said once I got the cream I found it was really soothing and really improved symptoms!

That's odd I always got the cream as well as the other thing, haha well I only started getting it in the middle of second tri till the end on and off like and tbh I got a lot of braxton hicks contractions at that time so that kept me too busy in pain for anything else :haha: but like I said once I got the cream I found it was really soothing and really improved symptoms!

here in asia, the pharmacist wouldn't sell me the cream without a doctors prescription - and since my prescription was only the vaginal tablet that's all i was able to get. if i still feel terrible tomorrow i will ask the doctor to give me the cream too. hope this clears soon, don't know how much more i can take!

I feel for you, I had infected thrush with my first, it was actual green at its worst! Natural yogurt is great and it's cooling too x

I feel for you, I had infected thrush with my first, it was actual green at its worst! Natural yogurt is great and it's cooling too x

yes mine is yellowish-greenish (ewww) :cry:
have been eating yoghurt everyday actually - since my MS is bad in the mornings yoghurt is the only thing that kind of stays down.

did you just apply the yoghurt or did you do the whole tampon thing?

im allergic to canestan cream ( its like a blow torch instead of soothing!)

I have been told yougart works, best DIY cure!

Im not sure on the ins and outs of it so heres a quick googled answer for the small print lol

https://www.newhealthguide.org/Yogurt-For-Yeast-Infection.html

You put the yogurt down there , well that's what I did and it worked!

I also have thrush.. so uncomfortable. I was so scared it will do something to my baby but reading this i am glad i am not the only one. I am planning on seeing a DR this evening to get some cream for relief.

I also have thrush.. so uncomfortable. I was so scared it will do something to my baby but reading this i am glad i am not the only one. I am planning on seeing a DR this evening to get some cream for relief.

best of luck! i am so glad i treated it, it was so annoying and so uncomfy!
hope yours clears soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"