Yeast infection equals possible pregnancy?? UPDATE *UPDATE 2*

AngelWings215

Reaction score
*UPDATE*: (11/29/14)So I believe the yeast infection is gone or almost. The discharge is down to a minimum and the itching is gone. I'm now dealing with the burning from the UTI. How can I relieve the burning??

Update: So I ended up going to Wal-Mart last night and get the generic version of Monistat 3. I put in the 1st suppository last night around 8:30 pm and when I went to the bathroom around 11:30 pm, it seems like the majority of it came out. Is that normal? Also, I've been having lower back pain and chills so I'm hoping and praying that it's nothing more serious.

Hey ladies.

I was wondering if any of you ladies had a YI that was indicator of pregnancy prior to getting your BFP's? Last AF was 10/18 and I am usually 33-36 days apart (I have PCOS so it comes when it comes but usually regular)

I noticed on the 22nd I was getting a little uncomfortable down there and yesterday it kicked in full force with the itching and discharge. It has lessened some today though. According to my calendars AF is due either today or tomorrow. I also have sore breasts, lower back pain and a slight pressure feeling in my pelvic area but I know these are all PMS related signs as well.

Thanks

i did not have one but i had one months before getting pregnant. the only thing strange before my bfp was, my extremely down-spiraling anemia condition improved 10 fold out of no where in a 4 day span of time. the doctors were astounded. turns out, it was the blood volume increase from pregnancy! i didnt know i was pregnant until 8 dpo but i took my usual cbc tests 3 days before finding out and my levels had jumped from 14 to 28 to 39. it took me 4 months to even get from 14 to 16 with my meds! i wasnt even taking my meds at the time so i knew it was a miracle and baby was the miracle! my blood has been amazing ever since and i dont have iron-deficiency anemia anymore since being pregnant.

What other symptoms did you have prior to getting your BFP? How far along were you when you tested positive?

i did not have one but i had one months before getting pregnant. the only thing strange before my bfp was, my extremely down-spiraling anemia condition improved 10 fold out of no where in a 4 day span of time. the doctors were astounded. turns out, it was the blood volume increase from pregnancy! i didnt know i was pregnant until 8 dpo but i took my usual cbc tests 3 days before finding out and my levels had jumped from 14 to 28 to 39. it took me 4 months to even get from 14 to 16 with my meds! i wasnt even taking my meds at the time so i knew it was a miracle and baby was the miracle! my blood has been amazing ever since and i dont have iron-deficiency anemia anymore since being pregnant.

Are you sure its a YI? Around the time of my BFP I thought I had a YI and it turned out to be just an increase in CM that calmed down after, say 3/4 days? My earliest symptoms were sore sore sore breasts, and feeling a bit run down like I was about to get the cold. I tested positive on 11ishdpo (dont chart) after I had an extremely vivid and realistic dream, which I've only ever had when I've been pregnant- so I just knew I was.

Same as pp I thought I had a yeast infection around the time of my bfp but it was just increased cm. My main symptoms were af type cramps (had these before bfp in all of my pregnancies), a banging headache, and extreme tierdness - I got my bfp at 10dpo xxx

If it wasn't for the itching I would just think it was regular discharge but idk. What was the consistency of the discharge? (If you don't mind me asking?)

Are you sure its a YI? Around the time of my BFP I thought I had a YI and it turned out to be just an increase in CM that calmed down after, say 3/4 days? My earliest symptoms were sore sore sore breasts, and feeling a bit run down like I was about to get the cold. I tested positive on 11ishdpo (dont chart) after I had an extremely vivid and realistic dream, which I've only ever had when I've been pregnant- so I just knew I was.

I had what felt like a yeast infection for the 4 months leading up to my FP but not my actual BFP month. If you're on Clomid for PCOS I think this can cause it because that's what I was on!

I've never been on any type of meds for my PCOS.

I had what felt like a yeast infection for the 4 months leading up to my FP but not my actual BFP month. If you're on Clomid for PCOS I think this can cause it because that's what I was on!

I had a yeast infection in early pregnancy. I am 37 and it was only my 2nd yeast infection ever. I have a friend that had a UTI and then a yeast infection in early pregnancy. You can look it up on line. Yeast and UTI's are normal in pregnancy.

If it wasn't for the itching I would just think it was regular discharge but idk. What was the consistency of the discharge? (If you don't mind me asking?)

It was just an increase in normal discharge, it was itchy though! I think just because it was irritating me by the amount?

I thought I was getting one because I seemed like I was getting much more swollen down there, if it makes sense. I usually get all puffy if I have a YI. Turns out it was just increased blood flow.

There's all kinds of normal for pregnancy, and just as many variations of symptoms.

Unfortunately I think your question comes from a kind of logical fallacy called affirming the consequent, although I can see what made you ask it...

While YIs are more common in pregnancy, a YI can't be any kind of reliable indicator of pregnancy in itself.

Imagine that albinos happened to be mostly male. Now if someone was male, it wouldn't mean they were likely to be an albino. Many pregnant women get YIs, but if you have a YI, it doesn't mean you're likely to be pregnant. That's because YIs are very common and can happen for a load of reasons, like different pants, different soaps, wearing tights too much, suppressed immune system, eating too much sugar, playing sport in tight knickers, hormonal fluctuations, or a combination of these...Or they can just arise spontaneously, and all of these reasons are more common causes than pregnancy.

Funnily enough, pre-pregnancy I suffered terribly with recurrent YIs, and now they've gone!

Took a test this morning and it was negative. Maybe it's my period going haywire again

back pain and chills sounds like a UTI/kidney infection to me, I would go to the doctor

Yes, I think so. You can also get a yeast infection in your bladder.

You can definitely have a UTI and a Yeast infection at the same time and also BV. I used to get YI all the time. Monistat always helped. UTI definitely go to the doctor. It can progress to things like neurological symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->