Yeast infection? Help?

happynewmom1

Reaction score
Hello! So I'm fairly certain I have a yeast infection. I've never had one before so had to look it up to look at symptoms. My midwife care is closed over the weekend. Is there anything safe we can get or do we need to go somewhere else to try to get help? Or is it OK to let it go until Monday at least? Thanks!

You'd probably be ok till Monday. My ob told me to use monistat 7 in my last pregnancy.

Thank you for the quick reply! In the off chance I'm wrong, is that safe to take? I think it's what's wrong though as it's suddenly getting itchy down there and sex was so so painful yesterday and it's never been like that before. Plus the discharge increase. I'd really like to try something if possible before Monday but don't know if I need to be absolutely sure first :)

You will be okay to wait. I get a yeast infection as soon as I got pregnant. I let it go for two weeks before it got really bad, and I started having spotting from it. My doctor said it won't affect baby and that it will just make me miserable. I used Monistat7 as recommended by my doctor with all four of my babies, and st the tail end of this treatment, I used a 1 day (also safe but unlikely to work on its own during a pregnancy) because it wasn't gone. It's finally gone! Ugh. It took 10 days for it to completely go away. I get them badly throughout my pregnancies, and I normally take a strong probiotic every day and use baking soda to wash my bottom areas. Both of them keep my yeast infections away, but I will get one within days of not doing this, hence me still getting these infections during pregnancies.

Thank you for the quick reply! In the off chance I'm wrong, is that safe to take? I think it's what's wrong though as it's suddenly getting itchy down there and sex was so so painful yesterday and it's never been like that before. Plus the discharge increase. I'd really like to try something if possible before Monday but don't know if I need to be absolutely sure first :)

Monistat 7 is a cream, so yes it's ok. And while you're pregnant it may very well take more than a week to go away like pp said. If it's itchy with increased discharge, especially white discharge, more than likely it is a yeast infection.

I had a yeast infection at 12 wks with DD. I was told to buy some natural yoghurt (not sure what you'll call it in the US!) and put some on a pantie liner in your knickers and wear it for a couple of hours and change as required. It was very messy but worked wonders. It was very cooling, it did feel a little strange to begin with mind!!!

Thank you!! Organic yogurt maybe? We are going out tonight and I'll look for some :)

I just went through this and drinkng cranberry juice and bathing in baking soda water really helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->