Yeast infection remedies??

MrsAmk

Reaction score
Anyone had a YI in very early pregnancy? Like I just found out I am pregnant, and I've had this awful itching/burning for over a week now. I started using Monistat but just read I shouldn't be this early in pregnancy! Freaking out a little...

I get chronic yeast infections when pregnant. I have my doc prescribe me a big tube of the low dose cream that goes in your lady part. Lasts me the whole pregnancy.

P.s. Taking baths is the worst thing you can do if your YI-prone.

I had this during a previous pregnancy and it could be just coincidence but I cut sugar out of my diet for a while and though it sounds strange...I applied plain yogurt. Itching disappeared immediately.

Make sure you aren't eating alot of sugar, drink plenty of water, consider a probiotic. I agree that a low dose cream should work. Call your midwife or doctor and check.

Yea I should probably cut out the bagel and cream cheese ive been having every morning :/ I do take probiotics.

The yeast in bread is a major cause of YI in pregnancy, avoid bread for a few days and see if it goes away, if it does you may have found the cause :)

I had thrush the last week and I was so miserable! Tried the yogurt, cutting stuff out (not easy when you're having food aversions left right & centre anyway) I eventually asked my midwife and she told me to get canesten cream & pessary (but don't use the applicator and push in carefully with your finger) I was nervous about the pessary but the NHS website confirmed it's the safest way to get rid of the infection. I applied the cream once last night, did the pessary and today it's gone :D I'm so relieved!

Clotrimazole based cream is safest.
I also avoid wearing panties during and inly pajama pants at home. Cotton underwear and skirts rather than tight jeans when out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->