• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

yeast infection?

nataliecn

Mommy to Grady and WTT!
Reaction score
if i think i have a yeast infection, can i just go ahead and get something at the store for it, or do i need a doc/midwife to say i do infact have one, and then tell me what to get?

My Pregnancy book say that you should not use the over the counter stuff unless directed to do so by Dr. You could speak to the chemist and I reckon they would provide you with a safe alternative, but then you have to pay.

If you have your MAT B1 thingy and go to the nurse, they could check you out and give you a prescription for something which you wouldn't have to pay for.

In summary I'd pop and see the midwife.

If it gets really bad there is all sorts of natural remedies you could try until you can see the mid wife.

Take Care

luckily i have an appointment monday... but i'm very uncomfortable right now...

yeh i had one a couple of weeks back, i asked the chemist for something for it, and she asked if i was pregnant, and i said yes so she said to go to the doctors and get something insted. :):) Hope you feel better soon i know how it feels :( x x

Awwww hopefully you get it all cleared up Nat!
I've had like...7 since being pregnant..it's terrible..and I've tried everything from eating TONS of yogurt and drinking cranberry juice..I just think some of us pregnant women are more susceptible to yeast infection and other vaginal infections then others.
The joys of pregnancy!!

I have had one for around 13 weeks now! The pain/itchiness has subsided but the infection is still there and it is uncomfortable. When the doc swabbed me, and confirmed it was thrush she gave me a pessary (you can't take the oral pill in pg, just the pessary) but because I had already had it for a few weeks (didn't want to use anythingbefore 12 weeks) I couldn't actually get the pessary in (TMI) and was in agony!

I have midwife appt this week so will ask again! Mentioned it last time, and she said to just use natural yoghurt - DON'T EAT IT - smother it on your foof and inside where the infection is, totally safe and the best thing! However I have just put it off as its so messy!

xxx

I called my doctors office because I'm dying.. I feel like itchy myself with a RAZOR... i've never been so itchy in my entire life. It's brutal.
And the receptionist said "well, i'd go ask your pharmacist what they suggest you use"... but after some research online, I'm not sure if it's a yeast infection, or Bacterial vaginosis... and Bacterial vaginosis can cause problems in pregnancy apparently.. so I think I'm just going to suck it up for the weekend, and wait til Monday to see which of the two it is, and get the proper treatment instead of possibly masking Bacterial vaginosis with yeast infection meds...

A little folky but it works, and it can't hurt if its not a yeast infection. Take a bath with a cup of baking soda thrown in there. No bubble bath or anything else, but it works if its not too bad. Just soak for about half an hour (I know, thats rough).
I had a nurse tell me to do that once when I had a really mild one a few years back, and it worked like a charm.

Oh hun..I haven't had a yeast infection in a long time but they are hell....could you use some corn starch in your undies to take away some of the itch..I know it sounds weird but it does help to ease some of the itch until you see your doc. I know it is near impossible but try not to stratch too much..you will make yourself raw. Hope you get it cleared up soon:hugs:

YEp i get them bad when pregnant. My doc tells me to either take baking soda baths or uses natural yogurt 100% plain. You can eat yogurt too just not the one you are using for youre woot LOL. Sounds so odd but it works. Also stay away from YEASTY foods.. Very bad for you when you have a yeast infection. No sex for hubby for awhile because he can get it and pass it right back to you. Hugs

They are the worst! Hope you feel better soon!

after a little more research, one site mentionned scented panty liners... i think that may be my issue.. cause i have scented liners, and have to use them because of the cm that i've been experiencing..
so, while waiting for my appointment monday, i'm going to get unscented liners, as well as having the baking soda baths!
hopefully it'll fix me up!

thanks for all your advice girls :)

Make sure you stay away from sugars and breads- they only make it worse. I know it's hard hun!

Go get a tub of Activia too. My dr won't prescribe meds for yeast infections unless you try probiotic yogurt first.

I have had one for around 13 weeks now! The pain/itchiness has subsided but the infection is still there and it is uncomfortable. When the doc swabbed me, and confirmed it was thrush she gave me a pessary (you can't take the oral pill in pg, just the pessary) but because I had already had it for a few weeks (didn't want to use anythingbefore 12 weeks) I couldn't actually get the pessary in (TMI) and was in agony!

I have midwife appt this week so will ask again! Mentioned it last time, and she said to just use natural yoghurt - DON'T EAT IT - smother it on your foof and inside where the infection is, totally safe and the best thing! However I have just put it off as its so messy!

xxx

I know it may sound weird....but a little less messier way is to take a rubber glove and fill the fingers with the yogurt, put it in the freezer and let them freeze. Then once frozen, you take a yogurt-sickle out of one of the fingers and put it inside you. It's worked wonderful for me the couple times i've done this.

Omg cold! Omg I would laugh my ass off and it would push out hahahaha. Veryyyyy good idea though I just hope its not cold O,o

xxx

I know it may sound weird....but a little less messier way is to take a rubber glove and fill the fingers with the yogurt, put it in the freezer and let them freeze. Then once frozen, you take a yogurt-sickle out of one of the fingers and put it inside you. It's worked wonderful for me the couple times i've done this.

I've read about this to do with ice after you give birth! I read about using a condom too but for some reason I'm not too fond of putting an icicle condom up in me :dohh:

But never yogurt!! it sounds funny

oh god, i did the yohgurt popsicle thing, all i'll say is if you think an ice cream headache is bad....

hahah!
oh that sounds so awkward... i don't wanna be leaking yogurt... eep.

but, i found out that my problem was the panty liners i was using!! damn scented things!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"