yeez! having 33-36 day cycles TTC#2.

jess77

Reaction score
Gah im getting disheartened. I havent got the foggiest when I am ovulating due to my cycles being all over the friggin place! from late periods to spotting after a week!. Iv never experienced this. when I ttc my son it was easy peasy, however this time it feels so different. I dont want to waste my money on ovulation kits until one 6 months has gone past, weve been TTC for 4 months now and no luck and also when and if my cycles settle down!. I was on mycrogynon 30 but iv been off that for 5 months now and i was on it before and longer 6 years and conceived my son and now iv only been on it for over a year and were having trouble.:wacko:
oh well maybe were only blessed to have one?

Don't give up hope. I had 28 day cycles my whole life and O on cd15 every month. This year my cycles (after 4 months ttc) my cycles when crazy and I had 6 cycles in 3-4 months, no ovulation, tons of spotting throughout and now 40-42 day cycles and starting to O on cd28-30.... it is nuts! You are not alone.

I have been charting and my DR looked at my charts and decided to put me on clomid this month. Just started 2 days ago. I am hoping this helps!

Good luck hun!! You are not alone though :) And def don't lose hope!

I've been trying almost a year now, and we've had cycles from 27 days (just last month) to 49 days. Normally around 31-35 days. So I can relate. It's very hard. We're on OI medications now and IVF with ISCI booked for 14 months time (public).

I'm having the same problem. I'm going to phone docs this morn and see if I can get an appointment to ask if I can take / do anything to shorten my cycles. It's so frustrating having to wait even longer to be / test / start over...I feel your pain!

Thank you for all your kind replies! its nice that i am not on my own. my cycles r all over the place, unfortunately due to previously having a baby I wouldnt be eligible for IVF treatments on NHS and we defo couldnt afford 3 grand or so a cycle for it either. were lucky and happy that we have a gorgeous 18 month old son, however it would be nice for my son to have a sibling in close ish age, plus i always saw us having two kiddos, no more tho mind you!

I know it seems like forever at the moment, but I wouldn't start topanoc about needing ivf or anything - 4 months really isn't that long for TTC. Perhaps ovulation tests or charting would hello you pinpoint your ovulation - that's what I'm trying this month!

I fell pregnant with my dd first month trying so think I secretly felt pressured to do the same this time round. Now it's not happened I think I'll be a bit more chilled, but it is stressful, right?! But we gotta try not to stress cos that won't help! Xx

I got pregnant with DD with 35 day cycles. I had 35 day cycles every month. Been on the implant since she was born and not sure if they will return to that again. But dont be disheartened, not everyone has the perfect textbook 28 day cyle. Good Luck :)

Mrs t- me personally i wouldnt do ivf route anyways but people were mentioning it. Iv heard frm a family member tht angus cactus herbal thing can regulate periods...anyone used it.

I've also heard about Angus cactus and soy isoflavones. I don't have a great understanding of either, but from what I read I think Angus cactus is used to encourage ovulation, whereas the soy is more for shortening/ regulating cycles but I may have got that completely wrong?? Anyone know??

But, I did hear the soy can muck up your cycle further for some people??!!

My plan is to TTC for 6 months without taking anything herbal. Then might be tempted by another docs visit cos she mentioned clomid for if I don't ovulate after a significant amount of time.

Soy inoflavones is natures Clomid apparently, it can help ovulation, no idea about angus cactus. I was tempted by Soy but I haven't been trying long and it can have detrimental effects for women with PCOS (which is what I have).

I feel your pain, I have irregular cycles, conceived my son without even trying so was sooooooooooooooo easy and now ok I'm only on cycle 2 but my cycles are more irregular, my pcos in general is worse and I know its not going to be easy. I've bought loads of cheap opks off Amazon, so I'm going to use them from this week until I get a positive, they are so cheap that it doesn't matter to me if I go through 20 of them in a cycle.

Am trying soy at the moment been ttc baby num 2 for 2 years so am hoping this works xx

Hi! I used agnus castus last time ttc to regulate my long irregular cycles and it worked a treat! I remember having to stop at O though but can't remember the dose, have just asked on here as ttc again next cycle :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->