Yellow pus coming out of pores on earlobe?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by starshinebby, May 30, 2013.

1. starshinebby

starshinebby Proud new mother!

I noticed the other day that my son has yellow pus coming out the pores of his left ear lobe. It's defiantly not coming out of his ear canal itself, I have wiped it off and actually watched it come out while he was breast feeding. I spoke to my Grandma and my MIL about it and they've never seen anything like it. Aside from the weird yellow pus coming out of the pores he isn't running a fever or exhibiting any abnormal symptoms. He's just like he usually is, eating and sleeping fine, not overly fussy, nothing.

Has anyone had this happen to their kid or know what's going on? It doesn't have me too worried since I haven't noticed anything else going on, but it is unpleasant. I've sent an e-mail to his doctor but I don't expect her to answer it until the morning.

Thanks in advance.

2. starshinebby

3. fieryphoenix

fieryphoenix new mama

Icky! I'm not sure what that could be, your sure its pus? Is his ear red or swollen or anything?

4. starshinebby

I'm not sure but that's the only way to really describe it. It's clear yellow not like a milky color. He has an appointment on Monday, though, I'm just confused as to what's going on.

I made the horrible mistake of asking on a FB page and got a bunch of rude responses. I didn't mention that I had already contacted his doctor and got virtually bitched at, called a horrible mom and all this other stuff. Excuse me for not wanting to spend time Google-ing what this could be after making him an appointment.

The nurse didn't seem too concerned after hearing that he wasn't running a fever or seemed to be bothered by his ear at all and was feeding well and everything else is normal. Said it might just be a newborn skin irritation to something, and set me up with an appointment for Monday.

5. fieryphoenix

fieryphoenix new mama

Huh, well yeah, i guess if that's the only symptom and isn't really bothering him just hang tight til Monday. You'll have to let me know what the Dr says because I'm super curious! :)

Some people have nothing better to do then be rude, just ignore their stupidity :)

6. minties

minties Complete

Sophie had it come out of her ear lobes and nostrils around the same time she had baby acne. No one was sure what it was but it went away.

7. seaurchin

seaurchin Active Member

Poppy had something similar - it looked like her earlobes were covered in wax. she had lots of dry skin on her earlobes too, and this was also at the same time as baby acne.

It cleared up and she now just has the tiniest bit of dryness there occasionally.

8. starshinebby

That's exactly what it looks like. So it might very well be baby acne then. I've never heard of it before now though, so it's no wonder that no one really knows what it is.

What'll the doctor do about it?

9. starshinebby

Yeah, that's what the nurse said. It is starting to clear up, but we'll still head in for our appointment.

And seriously, I don't even know why I bothered asking there besides that I was away from the computer at the time. I swear some of those ladies have nothing better to do than start drama on those pages. Won't be going there again.

10. minties

minties Complete

I don't think a doctor will do much. All I did was be gentle and keep the areas clean.