Yet Another Doppler Thread

SweetV

mom & parl
Reaction score
So a question about the sonoline b doppler. For the last few nights I have tried to find baby on the doppler. The screen is picking up approx 150 -170 bpm in both mode 1 and 2 which to me would indicate baby. However I don't really hear anything, just the whooshing sound of the placenta. With my angel I could hear the sound of the train and I always knew it was him, I didn't really need the display. Am I still picking up baby it's just too faint to hear or is the display not reading accurately? I'm 9 weeks tomorrow. I promised myself that if the doppler started to cause more anxiety than it relieved I would get rid of it. I'm almost at that point now.

I'm not quite sure what the reading is finding but i found baby on the opposite side with a very distinct train noise. Baby is measuring at 160 on the display and still showing 170 with no audible beat. Strange but happy mama over here.

I could be wrong, but I think the display could just be reading wrong.

The times that I got the heartbeat on mine and it was faint, the LCD wasn't even picking it up. I could just only hear it behind the other noises. I think for the LCD to pick it up, it would have to be loud enough to hear (even if faintly - but again, I could be wrong!).

Even now when I get the heartbeat nice and loud, the LCD still doesn't even read right as it's picking up more of the other noises. I really just don't even pay attention to it and go by what I hear as I've never found it to be accurate for me.

ETA: Glad you found it! Yeah I really don't trust the readout as far as to what it's picking up (in my experience).

I would honestly wait until after 10 weeks. Its a reason most drs wont use the doppler before 12 weeks. Unless you have very little belly fat, baby is going to be hard to find on the doppler at that time. You also have to try at different times in the day to find when baby is most active and easier to find. For me i have to do it during the afternoon. Remember baby is very tiny and wont be easy to find right now.

I have the same that o can hear it in the background and the screen wont register and then sometimes it's saying 150 with no nouse but I think it can picl up static and register that. Im not too worried about the numbers-just hearing it :)

Don't worry I'm almost 12 weeks and can't find baby with the doppler. My placenta is in front of baby x

I DID end up finding it last night and it was strong enough to register on the display (although I know that number may not be very accurate). What I'm wondering now is what the doppler was registering when I heard nothing.

I had an anterior placenta with my last pregnancy and I was still able to find baby every day with the doppler. I could barely feel him but I could hear him! Don't give up hope.

The Doppler works by bouncing waves off of cells. If cells are moving it'll detect it and convert it into sound. It's possible it was detecting the moving cells of the heartbeat but the returning waves weren't strong enough to translate into sound x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->