• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

yet another friend is pregnant... when will it happen to me?

wana b a mom

Brand new mom
Reaction score
one of my closest friends just called me to tell me the great news. She is expecting a baby! she is 7 weeks this week... they started trying last month and voila! it is so frustrating to go through 6 months of TTC and nothing happening... while all of my friends are either having babies or raising kids. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy for her and her husband (she is btw, getting married this weekend) but it just makes me nervous, even jealous (s it ok to feel jealous?):sadangel:
any one out there feeling the same? :cry:

Yes I´m sure loads of us have felt like that at some point, but weirdly when some one on here gets a bfp I am overjoyed, so I have decided to try to see it the same way no matter who gets pregnant, it is always proof it is possible, if it can happen to them it can happen to you. I´m sure your time will come, in the mean time huge hugs.

I know what you mean. I try to think that when my time comes it will come... until then I can only keep trying and never loose hope.
Thanks for posting!! :thumbup::hugs:

I know what you mean. I try to think that when my time comes it will come... until then I can only keep trying and never loose hope.
Thanks for posting!! :thumbup::hugs:

That's the spirit! This place will certainly help you to keep a PMA! I used to get very upset, to the point of tears, when I saw folks with young babies. I just realized that this weekend I smiled when I saw a couple of little babies! Seeing the BFP's on here makes me believe I could be next! :thumbup:

I hope you ladies dont mind me crashing but i just wanted to say dont ever give up!! Im 37 and after 3 and a half years of trying we finally got our bfp 3 weeks ago!! I was in the frame of mind that i wasnt lucky enough to fall pregnant, all of my friends were conceiving with no problems whatsoever and i was convinced that it would never happen to me!! I was just going through the motions of testing every month to see if just maybe this would be the month i got my bfp and after 42 cycles and gawd knows how many hpts, i tested this month and could not believe my eyes when i saw those two red lines!! I went on to do 17 more pregnancy tests because i seriously could not believe it, its still sinking in now, so you see, it CAN happen, you just have to stay strong, stay positive and keep saying to yourself, i WILL get pregnant!! My friend was told 7 years ago that she couldnt have children, shes now got an 18month old baby daughter!!
All i can say is think positive, it happened to me and it can and will happen to you and i am sending you all lots and lots of babydust and luck and im looking forward to seeing you over in the pregnancy forums, and you WILL get there!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope you ladies dont mind me crashing but i just wanted to say dont ever give up!! Im 37 and after 3 and a half years of trying we finally got our bfp 3 weeks ago!! I was in the frame of mind that i wasnt lucky enough to fall pregnant, all of my friends were conceiving with no problems whatsoever and i was convinced that it would never happen to me!! I was just going through the motions of testing every month to see if just maybe this would be the month i got my bfp and after 30 cycles and gawd knows how many hpts, i tested this month and could not believe my eyes when i saw those two red lines!! I went on to do 17 more pregnancy tests because i seriously could not believe it, its still sinking in now, so you see, it CAN happen, you just have to stay strong, stay positive and keep saying to yourself, i WILL get pregnant!! My friend was told 7 years ago that she couldnt have children, shes now got an 18month old baby daughter!!
All i can say is think positive, it happened to me and it can and will happen to you and i am sending you all lots and lots of babydust and luck and im looking forward to seeing you over in the pregnancy forums, and you WILL get there!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations Misstink! Happy and healthy 9 months to you! :happydance:

one of my closest friends just called me to tell me the great news. She is expecting a baby! she is 7 weeks this week... they started trying last month and voila! it is so frustrating to go through 6 months of TTC and nothing happening... while all of my friends are either having babies or raising kids. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy for her and her husband (she is btw, getting married this weekend) but it just makes me nervous, even jealous (s it ok to feel jealous?):sadangel:

Of course it ok to feel jealous, i know i do, i have been trying for over 3 years, and have 4 :angel::angel::angel::angel:in heaven waiting for me, and i get jealous when i see so many women getting their bfp's, we must have 10 women in my office that i know of that are pg and due from July through Nov, but what i keep telling myself is that all the babies are in a line waiting for the right time, and every time a woman gets her bfp, that moves my little one closer to me. 6 mo is not that long, the normal is a year, but i do understand how 6 months can seem like years. I had a co worker that told me she had been trying for 6 months, she knew all i had been through, and i said well it sucks but the normal is a year, and she told me "You have no idea how hard it is to want something so bad and not be able to get it" needless to say i was shocked because after all this time, i really know what its like, but i did not say anything, and then what do you know about a month later, she was pg. Its ok to be jealous, just dont let it get in the way of you enjoying things, dont worry, i have a good feeling that your bfp will be right around the corner.

I don't really feel jealous, I am happy for them...but sometime I feel that maybe I am doing something wrong...It makes me question myself. Last night I found out from my DH that friends are pregnant with their 2nd son...they went the IUI route straight away...it made me feel like maybe we needed to get more proactive about this...and that I needed to stop procrastinating the testing and interventions route, etc...

Im lucky in that all my friends already have kids earlier or dont want them, and I work from home so not in an office exposed to it. But honestly I dont feel any jealousy in others getting their bfps, their lives are separate from mine so its just not something feel. Its ok to feel jealous as she is experiencing something that you want so bad and its a very common feeling from reading posts on here. hope you get your bfp soon :hugs:

it made me feel like maybe we needed to get more proactive about this...and that I needed to stop procrastinating the testing and interventions route, etc...

even though Ive decided to wait till september for treatment every now and then I have a little panic and want to start clomid the next cycle! but then I talk myself out of it realizing that a few months wont make a big difference and I have some trips coming up so might as well wait and go full stream ahead in september.

I think you are doing things the right way, perhaps some day you will want to do a few tests...the early things are really not that bad I promise you!!

Big ((hugs)). It's absolutely normal to feel jealous. Honestly, I have 3 kids and I get jealous when someone announces that they are expecting their first!! It makes no sense, and I can't seem to stop. I've decided to cut myself some slack and just accept that it's okay to have the feelings that I have, even if my rational mind can't straighten it out.

Good luck!

I hope you ladies dont mind me crashing but i just wanted to say dont ever give up!! Im 37 and after 3 and a half years of trying we finally got our bfp 3 weeks ago!! I was in the frame of mind that i wasnt lucky enough to fall pregnant, all of my friends were conceiving with no problems whatsoever and i was convinced that it would never happen to me!! I was just going through the motions of testing every month to see if just maybe this would be the month i got my bfp and after 42 cycles and gawd knows how many hpts, i tested this month and could not believe my eyes when i saw those two red lines!! I went on to do 17 more pregnancy tests because i seriously could not believe it, its still sinking in now, so you see, it CAN happen, you just have to stay strong, stay positive and keep saying to yourself, i WILL get pregnant!! My friend was told 7 years ago that she couldnt have children, shes now got an 18month old baby daughter!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

thank you so much for posting. I had a hard time yesterday thinking it may not happen to me, now I understand it is normal for some to have to wait a little longer. I am very happy for you!!! I was literary crying when I read your story. It brings lots of hope to my sad heart. Thank you and best of luck!
:baby::hugs:

I don't really feel jealous, I am happy for them...but sometime I feel that maybe I am doing something wrong...It makes me question myself. Last night I found out from my DH that friends are pregnant with their 2nd son...they went the IUI route straight away...it made me feel like maybe we needed to get more proactive about this...and that I needed to stop procrastinating the testing and interventions route, etc...

I know!!! that is how I feel!!! I also question myself: "what am I doing wrong???"
thanks for sharing your thoughts!! :hugs:

Of course it ok to feel jealous, i know i do, i have been trying for over 3 years, and have 4 :angel::angel::angel::angel:in heaven waiting for me, and i get jealous when i see so many women getting their bfp's, we must have 10 women in my office that i know of that are pg and due from July through Nov, but what i keep telling myself is that all the babies are in a line waiting for the right time, and every time a woman gets her bfp, that moves my little one closer to me. 6 mo is not that long, the normal is a year, but i do understand how 6 months can seem like years. I had a co worker that told me she had been trying for 6 months, she knew all i had been through, and i said well it sucks but the normal is a year, and she told me "You have no idea how hard it is to want something so bad and not be able to get it" needless to say i was shocked because after all this time, i really know what its like, but i did not say anything, and then what do you know about a month later, she was pg. Its ok to be jealous, just dont let it get in the way of you enjoying things, dont worry, i have a good feeling that your bfp will be right around the corner.

thank you for your kind words! I will remember what you said: "all babies are in line waiting for the right time and every time a woman gets her bfp, that moves me little one closer to me". I am sorry for your previous loses. God will let us be moms one day, when the right time for each of us has come. I will cheer up and try to think POSITIVE!!! thanks!!
:kiss::hugs::flow::dust:

thank you for your kind words! I will remember what you said: "all babies are in line waiting for the right time and every time a woman gets her bfp, that moves me little one closer to me". I am sorry for your previous loses. God will let us be moms one day, when the right time for each of us has come. I will cheer up and try to think POSITIVE!!! thanks!!
:kiss::hugs::flow::dust:

:hugs: You are quite welcome honey!!!! And thank you for your kind words :hugs:

What are the early things besides the blood tests?

well theres the blood test and SA, then usually they order an ultrasound. thats when they suspected a polyp for me and I had to have a sono. If you dont have anything suspect they might not do the sono. but the sono is the next natural step as that can show problems in the uterus and if the tubes are blocked. I was terrified as Id read so much online about it, it was similar to a pap with the things they insert and then there was an 'ow' when she slid in the catheter up the thin cervix opening but it really wasnt bad and I would do it again if I had to.

My DH and I have been TTC for 2 years so alot of my old TTC friends have had their babys some which are now toddlers ,and I am completely happy for them, I have to say the only time I really got upset/jealous is when a friend of mine who was TTC got pregnant then her marriage went downhill and she told me she dident want the baby anymore and wanted to try and cause a M/C by stopping her progesterone the doctor had prescribed. just because her husband was mistreating her. I understand that even women who TTC can have times of doubt when they are going though pregnancy but I dont understand wanting to M/C after months of TTC.

I had lost hope of it ever happening for us last year and then I got a surprise BFP in october which ended in M/C. which gave me hope we can still conceive.

My DH and I have been TTC for 2 years so alot of my old TTC friends have had their babys some which are now toddlers ,and I am completely happy for them, I have to say the only time I really got upset/jealous is when a friend of mine who was TTC got pregnant then her marriage went downhill and she told me she dident want the baby anymore and wanted to try and cause a M/C by stopping her progesterone the doctor had prescribed. just because her husband was mistreating her. I understand that even women who TTC can have times of doubt when they are going though pregnancy but I dont understand wanting to M/C after months of TTC.

I had lost hope of it ever happening for us last year and then I got a surprise BFP in october which ended in M/C. which gave me hope we can still conceive.

I will also keep a good attitude like you :thumbup:. The story about your friend is sad. So what happened to the baby? did she have a MC?
Good luck to you!!!! lots of baby dust your way!!!:baby::baby:

Yeah I have made a note to self NOT to ask people that announce pregnancies oh how long have you been trying? I did ask one friend because his partner is about my age/ maybe a year older, wanting to get encouraged that it may take a while but it can happen. Of course this happened on their first month of NTNP so it was like doh, its frustrating when its so easy for others, you expect it to be easy for you too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"