yey i got my opks!! says to use them day 11??

Lenny

stepmam and mammy :)
Reaction score
my opks come in the post yesterday iam so excited!! it says to start using them on day 11?? is that a bit late or is that an ok time?? my cycle is normally about 28 days

ive never used them before we've been using a very relaxed approach but after last month i was convinced i was pregnant but when AF showed up i was guttered so we decided to step it up i no it wont work the first month but it makes me feel like i have a bit more control over my cycle.

so i dunno if i shud wait till day 11 ive got 30 tests and i was thinking of using from day 11 and using 1 at about half 10 in the morning and then another at 7 at night what do you ladies think?? 2 much ??

Don't rely too heavily on the opk's. Use them in conjunction with other fertility methods. Temping, cm, and cervical position can be useful in determining ov, too.
Each opk brand is different, some say use fmu, some say don't, some say start using when af ends, some say mid-month. I used cvs brand, which says to use fmu and have gotten pos for 5 days no in a row, so if bfn this month I am switching brands because this is not the first time this has happened.
Two times a day is probably a good thing, it will give you more of an idea, especially since it is supposed to detect the 12-24 hour window of opportunity.

I agree with above, don't do just ovulations to maximize your chance of ttc, also pay attention to your cm. If it's a stretchy egg white and it's abundant then you're ovulating. It's pretty noticeable when you wipe. Or you can buy a basal temp thermometer and start charting your temp (www.fertilityfriend.com). When you start to see your temp rise, then a noticeable drop you're ovulating that day.

I have a 29 day cycle and I ovulate between day 11-15 but lately my period has been whacky with stress so I've got to turn back to ovulation tests. Sometimes I test twice a day, because I have had cycles of where I didn't get a positive at all. I most likely missed my surge. Also, make sure to limit your liquid intake 2 hrs. prior to testing. Now if you find yourself having trouble reading them, then I would switch to the Clear Blue ones. For the most part they're all about the same...I mix it up and buy cheap dollar tree ones, Answer, store brand, and Clear Blue. It can get a little pricey for those tests.

i always get my pos opk on cd10 so i would miss it if i started testing on cd11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->