Yolk Sac, but no baby!?

B

became

Just come out of my scan. Found out we have a yolk sac, but no baby 😢 I don't know what to think!? She said I'm either earlier than I thought, or the pregnancy isn't progressing.. However, my tests have been getting darker and I had a 3+ on a clearblue this morning.. Can a yolk sac keep developing without a baby to raise the level of HCG or? 😔 I'm going out of my mind right now..

Don't know why she would say that. I would say a yolk sac at this point is great. You could be a day or so out maybe. Try not to panic. I get when you go back there will be a baby. Good luck xx

A yolk sac at 5.5 weeks is fine hun, sorry she's sent you into a panic.
Did she say to come back in a week or so, as you should see bub then :hugs:

Here's the scan pic.. X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 33
Thanks girls, feel a little better now! :) This was a private scan. I have one at the hospital on Tuesday, so going to go to that and see what they say, if they can't see a fetal pole with a heartbeat, they should book me in for 10-14 days later. Grow baby, grow! X

:dust:

As others said that sounds fine at this stage ..
Keeping everything crossed for you for your hospital scan :hugs:

Thanks hun! So pleased that your spotting has stopped, I know you were very worried. X

That scan looks just like mine with my dd at around the same time. She's now a happy cheeky 2 year old. I'm sorry they made you panic like that.

I think it's actually pretty normal before six weeks to not see a fetal pole. Your scan looks great and very promising!

Oh my that's totally normal at 5+4!! Can't believe she said otherwise! I hD a scan at that date which showed exactly that and they said between 5-6 weeks (early pregnancy unit btw) that that's normal! And it was. Can't believe they got you in a tiZz like that. Try and relax that looks totally fine xxx

Are they even allowed to say those kinds of things at a private scan? I feel angry when healthcare professionals say those kinds of things at this point in time. It causes so much stress and worry when there really isn't need for it.

That's absolutely normal for where you're at, even if you're measuring spot on. I had an empty sac at 6+1 and they said it was normal and re-scanned 10 days later just to be sure (originally scanned for spotting).

Good luck with your next ultrasound! :flower:

I don't know, but she did! :( I just wanted to cry when I left, but then I read it was normal to only have the yolk sac visible at this stage, and I felt a lot more reassured! I'm really hoping we see baby soon. X

My last pregnancy I didn't see a fetal pole until 5w6d. The pregnancy before that I had a scan in early 5 and only had a yolk sac, three days later I had a pole. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. If you are concerned, repeat the scan in a week. But I have recently read to steer clear of ultrasounds unless necessary. Chin up! :)

With DD her fetal pole didn't start forming until at the end of 6 weeks, which was late. She arrived on her due date. So don't worry to much, which is hard I know.

I am with everyone else. With DD and DS I didn't see much of anything until after 6 weeks.

Hi
I had a scan at 5+3 and all we could see was a 4 to 5 week gestational sac and nothing else. This date was me going by ovulation (at the time of the scan I was guessing that I was between 5 weeks to 5 +4). By Lmp I would have been 7 weeks. The sonographer wasn't concerned at all and said it looked good. I then went for my next scan 19 days later and there was baby with a strong heart beat measuring 8+1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->