• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Yolk Sac, but no baby!?

Like everyone else has said, she was absolutely, 100% incorrect about what she said. Your scan looks totally normal for where you are in your pregnancy. I don't know why she'd say that to you. My baby measured 3mm at my 6+4 transvaginal scan, which means had we gone in before 6+1, we wouldn't have seen a baby either. At my 5+0 scan, there wasn't even a yolk sac.

Most fetal poles show up between 5+5 and 6+2 on high sensitivity, transvaginal scans. They generally show up a later on lower sensitivity or abdominal scans.

Thank you very much, I do feel better about it all now :) FX for Tuesday! If not, we'll just have to wait it out.. X

I've spoke to quite a few of you lovely ladies, so thought I'd keep you updated :) after a private scan on Saturday, I was left feeling very confused. All we saw was a tiny yolk sac, and I mean tiny. This morning we went for our scan at the hospital, the yolk sac is looking so much bigger within the space of a few days! :D still no baby to be seen, but they think I'm around 5 weeks and 3 days, not 6 weeks like I originally thought. Although I'm not over the moon, because I'd of loved to see baby, I'm happy everything growing and going in the right direction. We have another scan next Friday, so hoping to see baby then as I'll be almost 7 weeks. The sonographer seemed to think I was just too early on to see baby, and the spotting I had a couple of weeks ago was just the right time for implantation bleeding. I'm really praying baby is growing away in there! X

I totally think your just too early. This timei saw nothing till 6 weeks!

Oh yeah, way too early. I had my ultrasound at 5+5 and all she saw was a yolk sac. Went back yesterday at 7+4 and we could see the baby and the heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"