Yolk sac but no fetal pole ?

AdriansMama

Mama to 3 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
Hey ladies I'm hoping I can get some stories from experience good or bad . I went for my dating scan yesterday at 6+1 but the tech only saw a yolk sac. She said I'm actually between 5-6 weeks which I suppose I could be I'm not 100% on my dates but I thought I was pretty sure. She was not concerned at all. Although I do have a decent sized cyst on my right ovary. I called my doctor and will have a follow up with him tomorrow and an appointment for another ultrasound on the 8th. No one seems concerned except for me even my husband seems to think everything is just as it should be but I just can't be optimistic about it. I'm so afraid when I go next week it will be the same :cry:

if you're not 100% on your dates, then chances are that everything is fine. so don't freak out.

my story doesn't have a happy ending, but i was also farther along - i went in at 8+2 and only saw a yolk sac. i miscarried 6 days later naturally.

BUT, i was positive on my dates, and there wasn't room for error. i bet you'll see your bean next week!

I'm sorry for your loss !! I've kind of made peace with the possibilities. I'm hoping for the best of course but I understand that the worst can still happen. Thank you for telling me your story :)

Please read my old thread its in a link at the bottom by my signature. Its from when i was pregnant with my dd. Trust me alot can change in a few days. I had an empty sac that they said nothing would grow ect but my little princess laying next to me having cuddles as i write this. IM sure your gonna be fine xxx

With my little girl I had some spotting I think I was 5 weeks I went for the scan and only the yolk sac and no heartbeat I was due another scan 2 weeks later and her heartbeat was there and she's now a healthy happy nearly 2 year old

So much changes in a few days. I had my first scan at around 5 weeks and I only saw a sac, went back a week later and saw baby with a heartbeat :) I really wouldn't worry, I know it's easier said than done but I'm sure everything is just fine.. You're just a little behind where you thought you'd be. :) X

I had a scan at 6 weeks and saw only the yolk sac, went yesterday and saw everything including heartbeat xx

Oh wow !! So many positive stories !! I had my appointment yesterday to discuss with my doctor and he seems to think it's a viable pregnancy. I go Tuesday afternoon for my follow up ultrasound. I'm really really hoping things are going to turn out ok !

I had the same thing happen this pregnancy. I was POSITIVE I was a week further. Doc said come back in 2 weeks.. he was worried coz my sack was too big and basically nothing. 2 weeks later and baba had grown into the sack, perfect hb and all!

View attachment 894673
Great news !! We have a little nugget with a heart rate of 122 beats per minute :) I was so nervous but I'm glad it all turned out ok. Baby measures 6 weeks 2 days :happydance:

:) we are so happy !! My husband was sure the whole time that everything would be fine it was me that had a hard time being optimistic. I feel so relieved !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->