You are what you eat...

Incubator

Reaction score
Hi.

My daughter is 2 months old tomorrow and I'm exclusively breastfeeding. I'm getting pretty frustrated by the amount of baby belly weight I'm still carrying and although I know I shouldn't limit my calorific intake I thought I might try a diet like the 'you are what you eat' one so I'm basically eating lots but it's all good stuff.

I love breastfeeding and I really don't want to do anything to mess up my milk supply (at the moment I'm producing more milk than a Jersey cow!) and was hoping some of you had any experience of semi-dieting while breastfeeding or any advice. I'm not used to having a belly (other than my bump which I'm missing lots) and still having to wear my maternity jeans is really getting me down. Sorry if this sounds vain, it's just it's knocking my confidence and making me feel wobbly about all sorts of things!

Thanks in advance.

x

Just be sure to eat healthily and often, drink lots of water and maybe take bub for walks. It'll come off in no time :)

We've been walking lots and I've been drinking water like a fish! I had a c-section and had a pretty rough recovery and couldn't do much for the first few weeks so I guess that set me back a bit...I just remember the weight coming off much quicker and easier with my other daughter but I was ten years younger when I had her and I had a natural birth...

Thanks for the advice Sarah.

I'm doing slimming world and BFing. You can also do weight watchers safely. You have certain extra things that you eat over and above on SW and with WW you get extra points so you keep your calorie intake up. I've lost 12.5 lbs so far and with SW and I feel like I'm able to eat LOOOOADS - it's just more of the right stuff :D

well done on the weight loss. thanks so much for the advice. i'm off to check them out online...

You will also notice a big difference once you get past the 6 months mark. Right now your body is holding on to the extra storage just in case. Once your LO is getting older your body will go 'oh ok, things are good, baby is good, I can let go' I noticed after Brenn was 6 months that if I didn't really watch what I ate, weight would just fall off.

You will also notice a big difference once you get past the 6 months mark. Right now your body is holding on to the extra storage just in case. Once your LO is getting older your body will go 'oh ok, things are good, baby is good, I can let go' I noticed after Brenn was 6 months that if I didn't really watch what I ate, weight would just fall off.

Good for me to hear that today of all days!! :happydance:

im doing ww and breast feeding have been doing so since six weeks and lost two stone and now back to my regular weight. ww has helped me eat what i need such as dairy and friut portions for babys milk

ive been wanting to ask the same questions. i have done ww in the past and it always worked for me and was contemplating starting again. maybe we could keep in touch to encourage each others weight loss?

There is a BnB Biggest Losers thread in the Health section where lots of members support one another!

I joined WW online today. I've been given points based on being a nursing mother and it seems like a really good plan...just got to make sure I stick to it!

We had some dinner with friends tonight and they had a chocolate fountain for dessert...I resisted but it was bloody hard!

Kirsty - it would be great to keep in touch and help each other out. I need all the encouragement I can get!

x

I did WW until I found out I was prego ad it woker for me, started again yest as a 'trial' week to get back into a pattern before officially rejoining at 6 week mark next week. I also had c-section, due to pre-eclampsia was really swollen/retaining water which fell off which was magic - I thought I could eat what ever took my fancy, BF and be back to pre-preg weight in no time - it soon caught up with me and I have gained 4lb in 3 weeks - lesson learned :dohh:

So if your looking for some company maybe we can start a wee unofficial thread x

sounds good. i'm finding it really hard. bf makes me so hungry and i'm missing eating whatever i fancy but i'm determined to get rid of it. i'm meant to be getting married (we postponed when we got pregnant) but refuse to walk down the aisle until i'm back to my pre-preg weight....i've got a long way to go!

good luck with yours. keep in touch and let me know how it's going.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"