You can be brutally honest..what do you think?

JessicaMarie

Pregnant!
Reaction score
So before I say the name, a little background. We lost a baby on May 26th of this past year. We are now due May 20th of this upcoming year. We are 100% set on a girls name, but go back and forth on the boy's. We really cant decide. I like the idea of commemorating people a lot, and I love my dad and grandpas dearly, but I dont like their names or any variation of them. So, I thought it might be nice to commemorate the baby we lost by the name's definition. A name I found which mean "God gives us strength" that I also like is Hezekiah. So, what do people think? know it is a little out there, that is why I ask.
The whole name would be Hezekiah Lochlin Titcomb

***If you think it is the most terrible name ever, you can say so, I really want opinions!!!

How do you pronounce those names? Written down they look kinda strange, but maybe they sound better.

And with the third .name: I have to think of boobs, sorry :(

hahahah Titcomb is my last name, not a suggested name for a baby.

first name - Hezekiah middle- Lochlin and then the booby last name.

pronounced heh-zeh-kiah and then lock-lin

Hmmmm...I think it's a very BIG name, if that makes sense. It's not awful, though it's not something I would ever consider. Lochlin is really different, but sounds pretty cute. So, I guess my opinion is that while I wouldn't use it (first name, especially), it's not a Horrible name! But, all that really matters is what YOU like. If you love the name, use it. It's not one of those super crazy weird ones that I think he'd get totally made fun of. It's just a Big name.

i do know what you mean with big name. And although I have heard the Lochlin is rather common in some countries, it isnt in America. So, I am left wondering if we should stick to a more "normal" first name.

Is Theodore still in the running? I just noticed it in your siggy! I do like that. It's not super popular, but it isn't weird, and isn't too big, either. But like I said, if you like it, go for it!!!

im not a fan, sorry! but im not a fan of biblical names in general anyway! i LOVE lochlin!

His first named would be mispronounced a lot I'm guessing. I actually like the name, would you consider spelling it different? I love the name lochlin!

oh my gosh, I'm SO* sorry! *blush*

I really like Lochlin though, would consider it as the first name and than Hezekiah as the middle, which you won't be using every day. Just a suggestion.

I love Lochlin but I'm not keen on Hezekiah sorry! I don't like boys names that end in an "a" or "ah" sound. I think it sounds quite feminine. That's the only reason as i have nothing against unusual names, in fact I like unusual names.

oh my gosh, I'm SO* sorry! *blush*

I really like Lochlin though, would consider it as the first name and than Hezekiah as the middle, which you won't be using every day. Just a suggestion.

please dont apologize, i love my last name but boy do I get comments! We were set up on a blind date, and when I heard his name, my first thought was "well I definitely will not be marrying him, as I could never take that name!"

hmm...maybe Hezekiah is out as well. As someone with an extremely popular name who hated it, I dont want to do the opposite and give a too "out there" name....

Is it pronounced His-eek-ee-ah??
I don't think it's terrible. Definately different though. But I can also see ppl calling him Zeek for short (thats IF you do pronounce it the way I thought immediately.

Is it pronounced His-eek-ee-ah??
I don't think it's terrible. Definately different though. But I can also see ppl calling him Zeek for short (thats IF you do pronounce it the way I thought immediately.

No, it's pronounced "Hez-eh-keye-uh"

It's a biblical name... i don't think it's too strange, personally...

But i much prefer Lachlan Hezekiah :thumbup:

I am from the US too... and heard the name Lachlan for the 1st time on this site.... i LOVE it tho! I think it's a great name... not at all weird... but quite uncommon in the US!

I know someone with a son named Hezekiah... they call him "Kiah" as his nickname... which seems feminine to me (b/c i love the girl's name Kaya/Kaiya)

As for the meaning... i bet there are alot of names that mean the same thing (or something very similar)

I emailed the name to my husband, who just responded with "Ive always loved that name!!!" So I guess it is back in the running...I feel like it doesnt go with the middle name Lochlin, which we are pretty set on (used to honor his mother whsoe middle name is Lynn). I also feel like when we mention it to my family, they will cringe bc they like simple, normal names. Not sure if I care though...
Because of names, I am really hoping for a girl!!!

When I first saw your post a few hours ago, I was like...WHAT? :shock: But I've got to admit, the name has really grown on me.

I actually adore it! And I love that it has meaning to you. Stick with it! :) Congratulations on the pregnancy! xxx

I think Hezekiah Lochlin is a great name.

Would you shorten it for using every day? Some seem to love nicknames and some hate them, but regardless long names tend to be shortened by friends if not family.

Thanks for all the responses! i have never been a huge fan of nicknames, but i wouldnt be crazy about it either. I dont like Zeke or Kiah though. My husband loves the name now and so he is set on it! I guess the Greek version of Hezekiah is Ezekias, which I kind of like as well...

hey
love lochlin never heard it before, but really sorry i do not like the 1st name, i think its too unusual.
love theodore lochlin and i love josephine for a girls middle name, its my nans middle name and i want it for my girls middle name x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->