You girls would know more about this then me

Croc-O-Dile

Reaction score
My aunt is 26 years old and going through a whole case load of problems with her "woman area." They have to do a triple biopsy to try and figure out why her PAP smear showed A-typical cells. (apparently only 10% of all results come back as this)
Our main concern (aside from her health) is whether or not she will be able to have kids. She's always wanted them, and I believe would make a great mom.
I've already made up my mind that if she can't have kids because of this, then I'm going to do something to make sure she does. (obviously this is years down the road, as she doesn't want to be a mom till she's at least 30)

I remember hearing about a procedure where the doctors took an egg from a woman who couldn't carry a child, but still had working ovaries, and the sperm from the guy and implanted it in a surrogate mother. Although I can't for the life of me remember what it's called! Or if it's even done yet. (It might have been in a trial period, I can't really remember)

Since a lot of you are going through different treatments, I thought maybe one of you might know what I'm talking about?

I am really sorry for what your very young aunt is going through and it is great that you are considering helping her if she were to become infertile as a result of some potential treatment.

How you could help her will depend on what might happen to her. They are many interventions that she could have that will affect her differently. For exemple, if she were to have chemiotherapy, she might be able to carry a child, but not release eggs any longer, in that case, you could donate your eggs for her to become pregnant. If she were to have an operation, they could take her cervix out and/or her ovaries. In the first instance, she could indeed consider using her own eggs and you could be a surrogate, that wouldn't be a problem. If they remove her ovaries, than it will be a case of donor eggs again, and if both, you could be a surrogate with your own eggs. This is quite straight forward in the world of IVF.

The one new amazing technology to is the grafting of a donor ovary. There was a successful case of this recently, but it is still totally experimental, and I believe that case was of identical twins (so same genetic make-up, hence same eggs).

It is very kind - what you are thinking of for your aunt - but it may not be necessary!:flower:
I have had abnormal paps and even a biopsy - most times they just went sawy on their own.
I hope your aunt does not need surgery and she may not.
Fingers crossed:flower:
CW

Yea i wouldn't get too worried about the Pap results just yet as it can be a false test or if positive it often goes away on it's own and if not then is frozen or cut off which the only possible side effect is less EWCM during your cycle which could make it harder to get pregnant, but there is always guaifenisin and other things to try before calling oneself infertile. Worst case scenario is she has advanced cervical cancer and needs a hysterectomy, but that is worst case! I think what you are describing is simply "surrogacy." Let us know how your aunt is!

Thank you :girls:
She had the biopsy done today, so we should get the results from that soon. :thumbup: Our previous OB/GYN really screwed her over. (we went to the same place) They tried getting her to do all three at different times, instead of at once like they're supposed to. They just wanted to make the money, they didn't care about what it could do to her. And they went straight for the biopsy instead of doing any further testing first. Our new place is much better, but her doctor wanted to complete the biopsy since it had already been started and covered by insurance. (She had the remaining two done at the same time) So hopefully it's not serious. We know she has something wrong, as her PAP was abnormal as well as the sample they took at the new place. But the range of things it could is so vast. So we'll just keep our fingers crossed that it's not serious!

Why the 3 biopsies and where? Not only the cervix or? Yea, hopefully all is OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->