You know you're a mom when: *

kalyrra

Reaction score
Taking your child anywhere for a few hours is like packing for a weekend.

You no longer immediately change you/your child's shirt the second it gets some spit up on it.

The laundry is being washed for the 3rd time in a row because you keep forgetting to put it in the dryer.

You can't wait for your baby to take a nap so you can get something accomplished... then you spend his/her entire nap watching them sleep.

"Wheels on the Bus" or "London Bridge" is on constant replay in your head at night while you're trying to fall asleep.

You've googled "how to remove (insert stain here) from carpet".

You can't remember the last time you watched something that wasn't animated.

You've shot out of bed and made it halfway down the hall before your mind has even registered that you heard the baby crying.

Sometimes you don't get to take a shower before noon - the next day.

You've never had a heart so full of love. :flower:

Your "alone" time usually consists of Daddy babysitting the kids while you clean something.

You find yourself rocking back and forth even when you're not holding the baby.

If you actually still carry a purse, instead of cosmetics it now has random toys, pacifiers, burp rags and cheerios.

When going to the grocery store alone feels like a vacation.

When I drive to work and can turn on my rear speakers and listen to MY music. :lol:

When you go through 5 outfits a day because banana looks so much better on mummy.

When you have plan your wardrobe before going out just in case lo needs to nurse.
( can't wear a dress, that shirt won't do with a nursing bra, etc etc)

You have pacifiers stuck in random places throughout your house and car and bag but NEVER seem to have one handy!

You have one hairstyle. Up in a ponytail.

When DS or DD isn't with you but you still feel the need to shout out chop choo when a train goes past or nee Naaah when a fire engine goes past :)

Your living room floor often has things on it that just shouldn't be there! Wooden spoons and various other kitchen implements, empty wipes packets (cos they're SO much more fun than those expensive toys we bought!) old shoe boxes etc.

When hoovering has somehow made it into the "me time" category

when you answer a question to an adult and end up answering it like you would to a child

when you laugh at people that complain they only got to sleep in tell 9

when you get excited that the phone rings so you have a real conversation

When LO has been in bed for almost an hour but you're still watching cbeebies :-s

When you tell other adults you'll be back in a second because you need a "wee wee" and then realize you're talking to another adult :-s

When your out with no children (which isn't often)! When you get up to use the restroom and tell everyone you have to go pee pee!

When plain Cheerios taste good

When you can actually use the bathroom while reading a book out loud with a little someone standing next to you with her hand on your leg

When you narrate your entire day, "Look! Mommy washes her hair just like baby girl!"

When the ABCs has magically replaced any other song you'd normally get stuck on

When you actually understand why your mother used to be so tired!!!!!!

Oh! And when you quote Disney movies/show in everyday life, like they're pearls to live by...

When you know the words to every single song by the imagination movers... and you find yourself singing them in the shower :wacko:

You cling wrap the glass of wine you didn't finish because you were too tired to even drink it!

When you sing the theme song to Big Cook Little Cook in the shower.

When your wallet has more pictures of yours kids than money

Ha I didn't know anybody still did that! I carry all my pictures on my phone. In fact I'm sooooo annoying because whenever someone asks me how LO's doing I annoyingly say "that's my cue" and pull out my phone. Ugh I'm annoyed even thinking about it but I can't help myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->