• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

You know you're a mom when: *

Taking your child anywhere for a few hours is like packing for a weekend.

You no longer immediately change you/your child's shirt the second it gets some spit up on it.

The laundry is being washed for the 3rd time in a row because you keep forgetting to put it in the dryer.

You can't wait for your baby to take a nap so you can get something accomplished... then you spend his/her entire nap watching them sleep.

"Wheels on the Bus" or "London Bridge" is on constant replay in your head at night while you're trying to fall asleep.

You've googled "how to remove (insert stain here) from carpet".

You can't remember the last time you watched something that wasn't animated.

You've shot out of bed and made it halfway down the hall before your mind has even registered that you heard the baby crying.

Sometimes you don't get to take a shower before noon - the next day.

You've never had a heart so full of love. :flower:

Your "alone" time usually consists of Daddy babysitting the kids while you clean something.

You find yourself rocking back and forth even when you're not holding the baby.

If you actually still carry a purse, instead of cosmetics it now has random toys, pacifiers, burp rags and cheerios.

haha to all of these, love them and I do them all. Including STILL watching him on and off while he sleeps rather than getting things done. OR if im not watching him, i miss him. And i tend to ponder around; missing him.

You know you;re a mum when you actually still watch cbeebies after LO has gone down for a nap :haha:

...when you haven't taken a shower longer than 5 minutes in months and your hairy legs show it.

...when you go anywhere without LO and you hear a baby cry your heart skips a beat. And you always feel like you're forgetting something if you don't have them with you to strap them into the carseat.

...when you know a half dozen children's books by heart.

...when you can change a diaper and make a bottle with your eyes closed.

...when chasing LO and stepping over baby gates is your only form of exercise.

...when there's nothing on your coffee table but rubber edges.

...when your dresser drawers become baskets.

...when you stub your toe and immediately start your labor breathing.

That's all I can think up for now...but I second the rocking even when I'm not holding the baby, a purse full of diapers and toys, using the bathroom with the door open, singing kids songs from toys and tv. Sooo funny!

...You know where all the creaky floorboards are in LO's room and the hallway.

:haha: I'm loving this new section!

When you know you'll never have a deep sleep again because your mind is always on them

When you realise everything you talk about comes back to being baby related

When you say your facebook profile won't turn into a typical mummy profile and then realise your cover photo and profile picture are of your little one(s) and all you ever upload are pics of them or statuses about them

When arguments over who slept longer with your partner are a serious thing hahaha

When DTD is random, quick, and stops midway because of a crying baby.

Or when you just get used to DTD with the tiny little eyes still in the room and think "God forgive me!" bc you just need the mommy/daddy time so badly!

Or when you finally try to ignore the crying bc older sibling is playing with the baby, and STILL get interrupted with a knock at the door "CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE THIS BABY?!?!"

You can tell where I am presently, can't you? *sigh* Momma needs some lovin... lol

You start hearing yourself saying the same phrases to your kids that your parents used to say to you (and they actually make sense now!)

Getting a full nights sleep is like winning the lottery

When you read news stories about bad things happening to kids you can't read anymore because you automatically put your LO's face on that poor baby.

When someone shows off their newly decorated nursery for their unborn baby on facebook and you actually wonder if you should mention that crib bumpers aren't the greatest idea for newborns

When you'd rather get whatever illness your child has than see them suffer.

When your son has better clothes and shoes than you do.

When every little thing he does is magical and he's the most brilliant child ever

When you realize that there's no purer love than that of a mother for her child and you'd do anything to protect them.

...When your cuss words have turned very G rated. "oh sugar!" etc...lol

you get your kids dressed but stay in your jammies cos why make more washing for yourself

you have wires selotaped to walls and hidden by cushions

you have nothing nice lower than 4ft.

your teething child chewing on the sofa doesn't phase you

caffeine becomes a staple food in your diet

going to bed at 9/10pm is no longer "for old people" but essential

your bath tub is filled with toys and you only remove them If your going to be shaving your legs!

When you realize it's been months since you got to drink your morning coffee while it was still hot.

When you buy shirts based solely on how well the color and pattern will hide a spit up stain.

When the only time you get to clean the bathroom is while you are stuck in there supervising toddler bath and splash.

You know your a mum when youre looking your LO's poop up on google! size, colour, type, feel! ewww! id NEVER have even looked at my own poop before i had my first, and now i find myself staring their pooey nappies in the face every time! making sure all is in good order! checking google to make sure its normal! jees, what us mothers do for them! :haha: xx

...when you panic if it's been quiet for more than five minutes.

...when no matter how important an errand you went out on, you turn round and go back five miles down the road because LO's fallen asleep in the car seat.

...when going to work feels like a luxury because you can use the toilet with the door locked.

When you can do almost anything with one hand
When you realise you and dh are only using facial expressions to communicate cos the baby has FINALLY gone to sleep
When the check list to leave the house is: keys, phone, purse, dummy
When smelling like anything but vomit at the end of the day is an achievement
When you can make up a song about anything

You know your a mum when you cant stop your feet twitching from all the foot rocking you did when LO was in a bouncer! My foot still rocks back and forth out of habit!

You know your a mum when you go out somewhere without your LO's and you dont know what to do with your hands because theyre usually holding onto the buggy handles! :haha: xx

You know your a mum when your in the shower or blow drying your hair and you keep turning it off every few seconds ADAMANT you can hear your LO crying! Or if your in another room from LO and you keep peeking through the door every few seconds thinking your missing their cries! Its all in my head!

You know your a mum when you check on your LO umpteen times an hour at night time when theyre in bed!

You know your a mum when you skip breakfast every morning but make sure your LO's are full to the brim, just because 'its a waste of time!' or 'aint nobody got time for that!'

Lol @ ain't nobody got time for that!

You know you're a mum when you feel like you spent all day looking for crayons and half crayons, and there's still only 5 in the box (WHERE do they go?!)

When you've developed a gymnasts balance as everytime you try to do chores you have to make sure you don't keep knocking over your 'ankle-clinger/ leg-climber'!

When your friends all start having babies and you think 'would second-hand toys/clothes be acceptable presents?' really, tho- would they?!

-You cant go to the bathroom without a toddler chasing you and screaming/banging on the door
-You are babysitting and you say "its ok come to mommy" even when they arent your kids... AWKWARD happened once...
-You look forward to what happens next in the next episode of my little ponys...

those ae a couple of em....

Hehe my little pony! I hope I don't have that with fin... I might prefer it to boys cartoons tho!

When you've had a poo with a toddler sat on your lap. Dignity?! That went out the window with pregnancy and i haven't seen it since.,

You eat a soggy half chewed biscuit or piece of toast because it is handed to you with imploring eyes and a "share with mummy"

You're so used to saying shhhhh shhhhhh shhhhhhh at a crying baby that you say intro the dog as well :/

When you get mama tourettes talking on the phone. I can barely go two sentences without d saying something to the kiddos lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"