You learn something new everyday! Hi, I'm Jen :)

tekkitten

Reaction score
Nice to meet you all. Let me give a bit of background.

I am a 28 year old teacher that lives in northern BC. I'm so happy this is a Canadian forum!

On the last day of the school year I found out I was pregnant with my first child. I was so happy, as was my fellow. I wanted to keep it a bit quiet, but between him and my mom our whole little town within a week.

Anyhow, I recently went in for my 12-13 week scan just over a week ago, only to find that I have a Blighted Ovum :( It was heartbreaking. I had a medically induced miscarriage on Monday, so just about a week ago.

My guy and I are anxious to try again, as we were overjoyed at starting a family. I found that through this whole ordeal, talking to people online that well and truly understood helped. As much as my guy tried to understand, he just can't. He wasn't around for the physical part of this whole thing (he had to work), and I literally have nothing I can compare it to for him.

Anyhow, sorry for the long intro!

Basically, I am thankful that this forum is here, and I would LOVE to start up some convos with people. I'm getting better everyday, but I'm still having a hard time. I would also love to be there for people that need support.

<3

HI

I am in canada also i am in northern alberta.

Hi, Jen! Nice to meet you. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

I'm Rachael; I live in Southern BC, and I just got back from a trip up North (100 Mile House and Williams Lake... Which isn't really that far North if I think about it!) Anyway, it's so beautiful up there.

Hi :D

Nice to see some fellow BC'ers here. I love this forum, it's super awesome to talk to other people. Honestly, in 'real' life, none of my friends have kids, or are thinking about it seriously. It's awesome to just talk honestly about this stuff :)

I am so far north that Alaska is a 3 hour slow ferry ride away ;) Yep! We're on the coast though, so its fairly mild all year!

Hi Jen & welcome! I'm new, too! I'm having troubles TTC, so I'm finding this forum super helpful! So sorry to hear about your situation, but I hope you get the family you're yearning for ASAP! <3

I hope for you as well <3 I am very glad this place exists, its much easier to blab on here than to try and blab to my DB, who just hasn't a clue what I am talking about ;)

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/GemLoux/Welcome.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->