Young IVF'er?

maaybe2010

ICSI: DR - December <3
Reaction score
I'm 21 and OH is 23, just wondering if there is anyone of similar age been/going or about to go through IVF? :flower:

:kiss: :hugs:

Hiya hun i am 24 and i have had 2 rounds of ivf/icsi, its nothing to worry about the injections can be abit daunting at first but then after a while you get use to them! i just kept thinking to myself if i am able to have my own baby at the end of all of this it is sooooo worth it good luck hunny and if you need to talk im here :flower:

Thanks hun :hugs:

How come you went through IVF?
We have a male factor, low count and extemley high ASAbs O:)

I love your picture :flower:

aww thanks he is the new furry addition to the family!! we have male factor (low motility) and my egg quality isnt the best, so they decided icsi was the best option for us. i had 2 rounds with the 1st not workin and the second i mc early on : ( they were our only 2 tries on the nhs so we now have to pay private but we decided to try a few iui's first so ive just finished a cycle which ended up bfn and i am now starting a second 1!!!

Ooh right, how to they establish the quaility of the eggs?

I'm sorry for your loss hun :hugs:
Did you get two fresh IVF or did you get any frozen implanted?

Good luck with the IUI!
Is that private too or also on the NHS?

:flower: x x x x

yes they were both fresh cycles, i didnt have any left to freeze in both cycles : ( we have to pay for the iui privatley but it is way cheap than icsi so hoping for a miracle. when are you starting your ivf? the egg quality was determined when injecting them with the sperm, apparantly they are slightly spongy.

yes they were both fresh cycles, i didnt have any left to freeze in both cycles : ( we have to pay for the iui privatley but it is way cheap than icsi so hoping for a miracle. when are you starting your ivf? the egg quality was determined when injecting them with the sperm, apparantly they are slightly spongy.

Oh right :(
Do you get freeze cycles with a fresh cycle counted as one cycle. . .?
If that makes sense :haha:

Yeah I can imagine it's a lot cheaper! lol

We're not sure when we start yet, we had an appointment last week to get our choices and rang them today confirming that's what we want to do O:)

We know we need to attened an evening presentation or something like that and so we're waiting for that to come through and an appointment date but in the meantime I still need a HSG which is booked for the 22nd and my consultation to get the results back from that is on the 28th O:)

I'm guessing/hoping we'll be having it around very late December/January :thumbup:

Oh I was wondering if the quailty could be tested beforehand as for all I know I could have bad qauilty eggs. . . :shrug:
My ovulation temps aren't always great so I think I may have one good ovary and one not so good. . .

Are the eggs stimulated on both ovarys during IVF?

Hope you don;t mind all the questions O:)

:flower: x x x x x x x x x x x x

I'm at the other end of my 20's, but wanted to wish you the best of luck :flower:

My NHS Trust criteria states you have to be 30 before you are eligible for NHS IVF, so I have to wait until next year if that's the route we have to go :dohh:

Morning maaybe2010, i think if i remember right if you have embryos left over to freeze from your nhs cycle,to have them transfered is still free because it came from that nhs cycle if you get what i mean?? and i think that is still classed as the 1 cycle, wereas if you dont have any left to freeze and you have to start again, that is classed as a new cycle (second round) i hope that is right and that it makes sense to you :haha: dont worry though you will be told everything you need to know at the info meeting and you can ask your own questions also. as for testing your egg qaulity beforhand, i remember having a day 3 bloodtest which i think was to test ovarian reserve but i dont think they can detect the quality from this. it was only when i had the egg collection and they started doin the icsi procedure that they must have seen they were quite spongy. sorry for the long reply but hope ive coverd all your questions :thumbup: x

Just to add yes both your ovarys are stimulated as long as they are both in good working order! xx

foxyloxy28 that is terrible that they make you wait till your 30 before letting you have ivf. i would have been devastated if mine had said that because im only 24 but when i started the tests and then icsi i was 22 so i would have had all them years to wait, and i can imagine there is alot of ladies that age waiting for the treatment. my heart goes out to you all. our criteria was that you had to have been trying for a certain time with no luck (we had been trying 3 years) xx

Thanks ttcer - it's such a postcode lottery with IVF. It's really not fair. I'm hoping we'll do IUI first and that IVF is still a way off anyway. I also have to get my BMI down before I qualify for IVF.

It's sad that I was excited about turning 29 (in August) because it was one step closer to qualifying for IVF! :dohh:

Good luck to you too x

aww hun fx'd that you will get a :bfp: with iui and there will be no need for you to do ivf, can you get iui on the nhs or will you have to pay private for that? your not sad for looking forward to being 29 and bein one step closer, i look forward to starting af so i can start a new cycle how crazy is that :rofl::rofl: xx

Should be able to get IUI on NHS - providing I get my BMI down to at least 35. Lost 8lbs and have another 18lbs to go by next FS appointment in Dec. Will hopefully find out at my HSG today whether it'll be IUI or IVF! Eek! :haha:

I'm at the other end of my 20's, but wanted to wish you the best of luck :flower:

My NHS Trust criteria states you have to be 30 before you are eligible for NHS IVF, so I have to wait until next year if that's the route we have to go :dohh:

30 :nope:
I can't believe the difference between PCTs it's madness!!

:kiss:

Morning maaybe2010, i think if i remember right if you have embryos left over to freeze from your nhs cycle,to have them transfered is still free because it came from that nhs cycle if you get what i mean?? and i think that is still classed as the 1 cycle, wereas if you dont have any left to freeze and you have to start again, that is classed as a new cycle (second round) i hope that is right and that it makes sense to you :haha: dont worry though you will be told everything you need to know at the info meeting and you can ask your own questions also. as for testing your egg qaulity beforhand, i remember having a day 3 bloodtest which i think was to test ovarian reserve but i dont think they can detect the quality from this. it was only when i had the egg collection and they started doin the icsi procedure that they must have seen they were quite spongy. sorry for the long reply but hope ive coverd all your questions :thumbup: x

Just to add yes both your ovarys are stimulated as long as they are both in good working order! xx

Yeah that's fab, all the answers I was looking for tooo :dance:

Just wanted to wish you good luck.....didn't want to read and run.

We're at the other end of the infertility spectrum, as my hubby has perfect swimmers, but I am "sub-fertile" due to PCOS. We've got to try Clomid first for 3 months, but then the next step would be IVF. I'm only 27 and it certainly feels like a lot to go through so young. We want a couple of babies (God willing), so its necessary to start when we feel ready.....doesn't matter what your age is, or what other people tell you.
Really hope you get your :bfp: verrrrrry soon!!!
Lots of love and :hugs:
Helen x

Should be able to get IUI on NHS - providing I get my BMI down to at least 35. Lost 8lbs and have another 18lbs to go by next FS appointment in Dec. Will hopefully find out at my HSG today whether it'll be IUI or IVF! Eek! :haha:

good luck for today xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->