Young NTNP peeps!

nicky636

Reaction score
Hi there all :)

Just wondering if there is any young couples out there who are Not trying but not preventing :)

I'm 19 and my fiance is 20, we have been together for over 3 years now and live together. I would like to TTC, but i think my partner is more on the NTNP side of things.. When we talk about kids and stuff he knows how much I am excited about it and how much I would love to be a mummy, I think he wouldn't mind kids right now, but would rather leave TTC for 2 years. I am a very sensible 19 year year old, i have always been told that I have an 'old soul', don't drink and smoke, never have and never will, never go out to parties (I hate them!). I love going out to restaurants and trying out foods, i am a big foodie!

Would love to hear from some young couples who are TTC or NTNP, just to chat about how your going, and if you have had any run ins with people,friends or family who are the "settle down and have kids when your 30" type of people.

Big Love
N:hugs:

me me meeeeeeeeee. i was you three years ago :D
im 23 now with a 3 year old and about to start TTC number 2 in Sept.
I have a journal if you want to stalk, you should start one up too.
im always looking for the younger crowd x

thats awesome :) what was it like telling your parents you were pregnant at a young age? my family all had children in their late twenties, and always tell me . my life will end if i ever get pregnant, and to wait 10 years. I have always been a black sheep in the family! :wacko:

I'm 20, my fiancé is 20, together 5 year, engaged for 3. Ttc since feb13 :)

23 next month, so is my fiance! Weve been enagaged 3 and a half years and have a little boy, we're ntnp our second :) although i'm trying to convince him to ttc! lol
all my family had babies young, 16-18 years old, so i was actually "late" to get pregnant compared to them! same with his family! our parents were so happy for us when we announced the news!
I had started clubbing and going out when I was 16 (naughty girly i know) so by the time I turned 21 I was over it, i left school and did 3 years at college, then got a job, promoted within first 8 weeks, started training for assistant manager, and then had a baby so i think i've done fine and havent "missed out" on anything

i think having babies at a younger age is better, you have time to relax and grow your family and once you feel your family is complete theres always time left to change your mind before its "too late" to get pregnant again, if you get what i mean lol
obviously its different for everyone, thats just my opinion!

This is our second cycle ntnp/ttc, how long have you been ntnp nicky??

thats awesome :) what was it like telling your parents you were pregnant at a young age? my family all had children in their late twenties, and always tell me . my life will end if i ever get pregnant, and to wait 10 years. I have always been a black sheep in the family! :wacko:

It was SCARY! Especially as i got my mum to tell my Dad, no way i could tell him :dohh: he was supportive but he was my biggest role model and i wanted him to be happy for me. which he was!

xx

Lucky you!.. i have a feeling if i was pregnant telling my family would be the hardest thing haha. I have NTNP for pretty much all of june.. and its now july and have not got my period, so it is late and i have got really sore nipples :S i took a pregnancy test about 3 days ago and they came back negative.. so yeah i don't know what's going on there! Well on my partners side of the family they all got pregnant very young too.. so i think they would be more supportive. Well i always envisioned myself to be a energetic mum and a good role model for my children.. i think that couldn't be done as easy if i waited till later in my twenties, even now at my young age I still feel tired after going out shopping for a few hours ect, so i can imagine having a child and their physical needs to look after would be stressful on the body at times? my mother had me at 31? and it's safe to say that i had a horrible child hood, she worked, and when she did not work she was always moody, and also was physically abusive (i'm not talking a smack on the bottom, i am talking she broke a plastic golf club by hitting me with it, so it broke in half!, always yelling, always slapping... i think because she had my older brother and younger brother to take care of as well, that was the only way she could deal with the stresses of 5 years olds. I still do not forgive her for that, and whilst I never had good parents growing up, I know exactly what NOT to do :)! My plan is to do this: if i get pregnant and have a baby, I will study part time at university (teaching or nutrition) and by the time the children go to school I will have finished my degree and be able to work whilst they are at school... otherwise I would do my degree now and by the time i finish 22-23 I would want to settle down and have kids, BUT if i don't work in that time and wait 5-6 years to work, I will need to do some course work to refresh my qualification if you know what i mean.. because I never worked straight after getting it.. I dont have a relationship with my father, he would always be very horrible to me and my partner, my partner would always be respectful and polite and even bought him gifts.. and still not good enough, never even said thankyou! so I have not spoken to him for around 11 months now! but my life is so much better for it, no stress or drama!

I too am NTNP. I am just 23 and my DH is 26. We got married in June and have been together nearly six years. We have just brought a house and move in in August. I have to say we are very lucky in the fact that we are at the right time in our lives to have a baby and feel no need to justify ourselves to anyone. My mum is desperate to be a grandmother and I really do not think my DH family will mind either. If anything they are half expecting it. Would like to conceive by Xmas. That's my goal ;-) xx

Gosh nicky, you poor thing, so sorry you had to go through all that! but you're right, stuff like that makes you stronger and will make you a better mother too :)

To add, Babies are never mistakes :) <3 young or old xxxxxx

I'm 21, fiance is 20, we have been NTNP (after the Depo) for 2 months :p

Thanks for the words ladies, it is so frustrating because I have taken another pregnancy test and has come back negative.. it's upsetting because i really really want a positive one!! How long did it take you ladies to get pregnant since TTC or NTNP? I always thought being younger would mean that you'd get pregnant quicker?

:) Hope you guys are having a lovely week :)
N

Nicky sorry for the personal question but how often are you having sex and are you only really trying around estimated ovulation time? I am in the same mind of you, as in if we're nice and young we should be nice and fertile. But I guess that is not always the case. I'm still waiting for AF and its been a long time since coming off the pill. I may do a pregnancy test if it goes one much longer. What a nice surprise that would be!!!

I never got my period when i went off the pill. I ended up pregnant right away. This time around, we aren't having the best of luck. Its been three months, going on 4 and still no positive.

I was going to give me some time to regulate my cycles. But we just can't wait lol. We're just going to NTNP.

Me and my partner are 21 so another couple of young NTNP peeps :hi:
We, like you, are very mature. Never smoked, I don't drink often at all... too much of a pain with driving now. And my partner doesn't like the taste of most alcohol. This will be our 6th cycle. I have a full time job and an established career, working with children. Partner has just finished his degree and looking for full time work. We've been engaged since Christmas and been together 5 years in September.
Also scared of telling parents - my mum had me at 22 so I'm not too worried about telling her but his parents had him when they were like 30 and when we've pranked them about it before they've told him his life is over and that his education is ruined. So yeeeeeah... :-k
I've wanted to have children from a very young age; spurred on by my gyno telling me I would have to start young if I wanted them after my operation, so I feel I've done quite well waiting this long really.

Hi Cazy! Good to see some young to be mummies out there! .. yeah we have pranked mine parents about it and they have responded the exact same way haha.. @Newlywed2012 dont be sorry! um well we have sex quite often like every 2-3 days to but sometimes every day, I have always been confused with when i am ovulating? so i dont try and aim for ovulation however if i could figure out when i ovulate that would be handy.. how do you know when you ovulate? are the ovulation kits any good? I was on the pill for 2.5 years and i did not get my period for around 4 and a half months.. but that's normal if you have been on the pill.. :)

Hi Cazy! Good to see some young to be mummies out there! .. yeah we have pranked mine parents about it and they have responded the exact same way haha.. @Newlywed2012 dont be sorry! um well we have sex quite often like every 2-3 days to but sometimes every day, I have always been confused with when i am ovulating? so i dont try and aim for ovulation however if i could figure out when i ovulate that would be handy.. how do you know when you ovulate? are the ovulation kits any good? I was on the pill for 2.5 years and i did not get my period for around 4 and a half months.. but that's normal if you have been on the pill.. :)

Ovulation tests are a good idea; I used clearblue digital ovulation test and I got a positive a day later this month, straight after my 5 day AF :p which was yesterday. The instructions with the tests have a chart of cycle length and the best day to start testing which is handy. Only problem is they can be quite pricey :O

@Cazy- you mean you got a positive pregnancy test? :thumbup:
Im late for a period, sore nipples for about 2 weeks now, and have period pain sort of feeling in my lower abdomen but no period at all, got a few pinchy feelings down there... but neg preg tests.. hmmm just wish i could your body could go to you "hey guess what your pregnant" or "hey brain could you tell me if im pregnant or not.." hate the waiting game!!!!!!!!:growlmad:

@Cazy- you mean you got a positive pregnancy test? :thumbup:
Im late for a period, sore nipples for about 2 weeks now, and have period pain sort of feeling in my lower abdomen but no period at all, got a few pinchy feelings down there... but neg preg tests.. hmmm just wish i could your body could go to you "hey guess what your pregnant" or "hey brain could you tell me if im pregnant or not.." hate the waiting game!!!!!!!!:growlmad:

I'm in the same boat - 2/3 days late. Not a BFP yet, not sure which part I wrote that was misleading so sorry for the confusion :D I had spotting 2 days ago (literally 1 spot) and been feeling exhausted and hungry with lots of creamy cm and cervix high and soft. Also having cramps like you but nothing like my normal periods. This is the first time being late, normally I start right on time with really painful cramps on my left side leading up to it. Feeling optimistic. Wouldn't it be so much better if our bodies just gave us a definitive answer. Driving me nuts. Waiting till tomorrow morning to test again. Last test I have in the house so AF better start before then or I better get my :bfp:
FX for us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"