Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

go to pathology lab in morn for blood test. then just to wait for the ok to take clomid. soooooo impatient. 50g to start with... did that work for anyone here?

mine was 50mg...and FS said that its worked for me! just got to get to BDing now!

if fertilaid doesn't work in the next 3 months, i'm definitely getting clomid

Just a quick update, I've been referred to a fs and will be starting iui this summer. Hope everyone is dony well!

mine was 50mg...and FS said that its worked for me! just got to get to BDing now!

im so impatient!! want my clomid now! hopefully fri night? night time is best to take it right? my fs said bd every 2nd day...but i feel like every day would make me feel better?

also whats with our thread only having 6 BFPs!!! are people not reporting them?? time for more!!!:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

if fertilaid doesn't work in the next 3 months, i'm definitely getting clomid

clomid seems to have pretty good results :thumbup: whats fertilaid though? im not sure if we have that here?

Just a quick update, I've been referred to a fs and will be starting iui this summer. Hope everyone is dony well!

helena, thanks for the update! its good to hear from you! being referred to a FS is great! whens your appointment? let us know how it all goes!

im so impatient!! want my clomid now! hopefully fri night? night time is best to take it right? my fs said bd every 2nd day...but i feel like every day would make me feel better?

also whats with our thread only having 6 BFPs!!! are people not reporting them?? time for more!!!:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

oh...i took my clomid in the morning, with my folic acid. because it was easier for me to remember to take both with breakfast! mine seems to have worked, anyway, so not sure how much difference what time you take it makes...

i know! i want more than 6 BFPs. i think we deserve to have so many more than that....and thats out of 39 members! but to be fair, that is including EVERYONE thats ever posted in here....i wasnt sure who to include, so figured id just include everyone, then no one gets left out :thumbup:

when is everyone testing/starting new cycles of clomid or other meds? trying to work out who we need to keep watch for a bfp!

i havent really thought about when to test...and i know that il cave and test early anyways!!

im thinking il either ovulate today or tomorrow...and will probably start testing at about 10/11 dpo. which i think is near/on my birthday! what a great present that would be! :cloud9:

depends though, because if i get a positive OPK then i will think about it more, rather than just testing randomly! pretty excited for my first ever TWW!

i cant wait for my 2ww either!

im not sure wether ill use opks since theyre meant to be unreliable with pcos anyway

il be 21!

i think OPKs are a bit unreliable anyways..i know a few people that have said theyve never had a positive result with them! but equally, i know people with pcos that swear by them! weird!

Fertilaid is an herbal supplement you can buy online, that has vitex and a few other things in it. it's basically a prenatal, but supposedly works wonders in helping women who are irregular get pregnant. i'm hoping i get lucky and it works for me

my appointment was Monday and I got blood work done today. Once those results are in, I'll be scheduled for an HSG (after being given provera...stupid pcos). The doctor gave me a run down on what he wants to do and also gave me an ultrasound. I have 20 follies on my right ovary and 15 on my left ovary :s so it's confirmed pcos, and not just a guess. Not sure if I'm happy or not about that. I knew I have pcos, but just seeing the proof kinda sucks. The transvaginal ultrasound HURT. I was crampy all night and felt sick the next day. Going there was a bit intimidating because I am a lot younger than most of the women there, but each time I enter the office, I get over it. I'm very lucky to have insurance that is going to pay for most of the treatment (I think I pay 20%).

il be 21!

i think OPKs are a bit unreliable anyways..i know a few people that have said theyve never had a positive result with them! but equally, i know people with pcos that swear by them! weird!

my fs said not to bother, just bd every 2nd day from 12-18. he said cos u never ov, your body always has the gearing up to hormones in it constantly so wont get a reliable reading

my appointment was Monday and I got blood work done today. Once those results are in, I'll be scheduled for an HSG (after being given provera...stupid pcos). The doctor gave me a run down on what he wants to do and also gave me an ultrasound. I have 20 follies on my right ovary and 15 on my left ovary :s so it's confirmed pcos, and not just a guess. Not sure if I'm happy or not about that. I knew I have pcos, but just seeing the proof kinda sucks. The transvaginal ultrasound HURT. I was crampy all night and felt sick the next day. Going there was a bit intimidating because I am a lot younger than most of the women there, but each time I enter the office, I get over it. I'm very lucky to have insurance that is going to pay for most of the treatment (I think I pay 20%).

i had 20 on one ovary, 30 on the other.
i felt intimidated too cos they were all really old ladies or pregnant ladies!
and i didnt worry bout insurance cos it was all covered by medicare! in aus most thinks like that are free..

yeah, the US is a bit (okay, very) behind on healthcare. It's funny because I'm in a thread on here with a bunch of women who go to my clinic (they have different offices) and I was in for early morning blood work (6am :wacko: ); I kept wondering if anyone in there was from the thread. I think there was, but I'm not positive. Kinda weird

misskaileigh- i was told by the pharmacist to avoid vitex, while drugs are governed by a board to meet certain standards, theres no such corporation, or rules that herbal supps have to comply to, so some can be worse for you than the drugs!

yeah, the US is a bit (okay, very) behind on healthcare. It's funny because I'm in a thread on here with a bunch of women who go to my clinic (they have different offices) and I was in for early morning blood work (6am :wacko: ); I kept wondering if anyone in there was from the thread. I think there was, but I'm not positive. Kinda weird

Ha ha! if only we had BnB badges to distinguish us! the reason i chose this forum was because it said Baby n Bump Australia in the title - yet i rarely see aussies on here!

misskaileigh- i was told by the pharmacist to avoid vitex, while drugs are governed by a board to meet certain standards, theres no such corporation, or rules that herbal supps have to comply to, so some can be worse for you than the drugs!

That's true, there is no regulation of herbal supplements and vitamins. I just figured it was worth a shot because my doctor didn't put me on metformin or clomid, he keeps giving me bc but that would do the exact opposite of what i want. ugh. i need a new doctor

helena - thats really good that youre getting things going, though. i know it sucks to be diagnosed, but it helps when it comes to getting supported through ttc!glad your insurance is covering most of it, as well. here in the uk, i only have to pay something for the drugs, on a prescription (£7, which i think is about 13$?) so not much at all really! and theyve given me enough clomid for 6 cycles. but all the appointments and scans are free (nhs :thumbup:) its so weird that you might have bumped into people from here in RL!

i felt really intimidated the first time i went in, because of my age. but the FS was so nice, he completely put me at ease. especially because he didnt judge, or ask questions...he could see that i knew what i want, and treated me as any other woman trying to get pregnant. the guy i saw before that (about 8 months ago) was really judgemental, and i had students do my scan...they actually celebrated when they saw that i had loads of cysts, because they were happy that they had managed to diagnose me! i thought that was really insensitive...i mean, its all well and good that it means that they pass their course, but they didnt give any thought to the fact that they were changing my life, and basically telling me i was infertile. i told them, as well. and then they told me not to be so overdramatic, because i WOULD get pregnant easily, and that i shouldnt even be thinking about it now because i would ruin my life. RUDE.

kaileigh/hopeful - im pretty sure youre fine taking vitex - the only reason you might need to steer clear of it is because it would cancel out clomid, and so would completely ruin your chances. so as long as you stop taking it before you start clomid, you will be fine. i know plenty of people (some on this thread) that have gotten pregnant with vitex, and its helped regulate their cycles and hormone levels :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->