Young, TTCing 3 Years, Scared To Go To A Doctor... Anyone Else??

I started ttc our first baby when I was 19 and finally had him when I was 22 with the help of clomid. Don't be afraid of going to the doctors and it is not their place to judge you. I am now 26 and have been struggling since summer 2010 to have another baby. I have never received judgment then or now on us being a younger family and if the docs do shame on them. Only thing is if you don't have insurance things can get pretty pricey...our insurance doesn't cover Ivf or FET or anything but they did cover the clomid, femara, and if I ever do get pregnant will cover the pregnancy. Good luck Hun.

It's not any doctor's place to tell you that you're too young to start a family, so I hope you don't let that deter you when you get your insurance.

Just be assertive and don't let them brush you off. I think with young women, doctors like to take a wait and see approach because they figure that whatever is wrong will just sort itself out in time. I've always thought that was a shame, because that does not take into account the mental toll TTC takes on a woman.

Hey!

I'm just a bit younger then you and in the exact same position!

Apart from I've been to the Doctors, explained everything and they looked at saying 'Oh well I think you a bit young to start treatment'! I was quite offended and then she realized it's what I wanted! (BUT STILL!). she ended up saying I could get help from them starting with blood tests to help about my ovulation and to make sure it's nothing to do with that!

Don't be afraid to go to the Doctors, don't be afraid there is something majorly wrong, you could be perfectly fine! <3

x

Pino, I know there are a lot of people who are judgemental about "younger" people trying to start families. Ever since I can even remember I knew I wanted to be a mom, all throughout high school the urge to be a mom just got stronger. I met my husband when I was 18 and we married when I was 21. Shortly after we married I ended up going to the doctor because within those 3 years of not getting pregnant I knew something was wrong. It turned out I had a grapefruit sized cyst on one of my ovaries and ended up having surgery, but that's not the point. I remember after the surgery I kept pushing for the fertility treatments but it seemed like he was brushing me off saying things like "fertility treatments is something you have to be ready for" (as if I was 'too young' to understand that or something). He made me wait a year but once I came back exactly a year later he went ahead with my treatments, although I am still without a baby.

I hate hearing the "you're still young" crock that a lot of people say. This June it will be 7 years, what if it takes another 7 years? If you seek out a dr just let them know you understand how hard of a journey it will be and that you are ready. I think a lot of doctors will be professional enough that they will start treatments for you. Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->