Younger OHs?

SweetPickles

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered, but I was wondering who here has a younger OH? I think I've noticed a few.

I'm 35 and my DH is 30. We've been together for about six years.

Anything that makes your relationship different? Anything that makes trying to conceive different?

I have to say, I almost never think about the fact that my DH is younger anymore, except for when I'm talking about something from the 1970s or early 80s and he doesn't have a clue (I loved the 70s/80s thread). But when we first got together, I worried that he would "outgrow" me - I was silly.

When we first got together, he said he really wanted kids - when he was forty! :dohh: (His math has improved since then.)

Any experiences/stories about having a younger OH?

Hello SweetPickles :hi:

Yes, I think there's quite a few of us on here. I'm 36 and DH is 29. We've known eachother for quite some time, but only started dating just under 6 years ago.

He had to persuade me to go out with him as I was concerned about he age difference. I was at an age where I was thinking about settling down and I didn't want to stop him missing out on all the fun of being in his twenties. Thankfully, he's always been very focused on getting married and having children, so it worked out (phew!) :thumbup:

Like yourself, the only time I/we notice the difference is when we talk about old TV shows and music. Looks wise, most of our friends are suprised when we mention the age difference, but that's probably because I act like a big kid most of the time :haha:

Good luck with the TTC, hope you won't have to wait too long for your BFP!

Big :hugs:

C xx

Hi there! I am 38 and DH is facing 30; I don't notice the age difference at all, now that we have been at this for so long, lol. At first, I really did feel as if I was doing something wrong.:wacko:

Our families have always been supportive, so that has been a big help!

What took the most adjustment is my DD...she is 14 and getting ready to start high school. DD and DH are as close in age as our hoped for LO would be, well around there, and if I think about that, it makes me cringe, lol.

But, I wouldn't have anyone else, so the age difference has no impact! :hugs:

I'm 36 & my DH is nearly 31. People usually assume I'm younger than him though which makes me happy!! It's taken a while for him to get his head round the issues that ttc when you're older bring but he's being really supportive now. You're right though - he has no idea about cool 70s stuff!

wow didnt realize there were so many of us ....my DH is 29, 30 in December, and Im 38 turning 39 in October!!
We have been together just over 9 years, he was 20 when we met (unbelievable! but it is a great love story).

I dont really notice it much either, Im from England and he is Canadian so already we dont have the same memories of TV shows etc. as we grew up in different counties. Sometimes I will say oh I loved this movie...like dirty dancing I saw at 14......then I will say OMG you were 5 then!!!! thats too weird to think about.

Sometimes I get sad and think what if I cant get pregnant for him, then I will feel like I should leave him so he can go have a family with someone else. But he says no way, that I am his 'be all and end all' not children. so that was nice.

Im not looking forward to turning 40 as he will only be 30, but I look younger so will have to keep it that way!

:hi: Im 35 and my OH is 30
Your so not alone hun :happydance:
Our first time conceiving happened pretty fast but this time around its taking some time and a few obstacles on my part health wise. OH cant wait to be a daddy again, so have decided to TTC

Baby dust to you all x

I'm 40 and my OH just turned 32 a couple of months ago.

He didn't think there would be issues TTC either :wacko: it took 8 cycles the first time which I sadly miscarried at 6 weeks on the 17th June, I had a D&C day after...no AF in between and here I am pregnant again :wacko:

I also robbed the cradle! :haha:

Our age difference is not that much really. I just turned 38, and he's turning 37 tomorrow. Our first month TTC'ing when I was 36 and he, 35, worked right off the bat. This month is our first real "trying" cycle for #2 (June would have been a surprise so :sex: not timed at all for conception), fingers crossed we're lucky again. :dust: to all!!!!

I'm 38 and DH is 34. Everyone thinks he's older than me. :D My GYN had to do a double take at my chart when I asked him a few months back if he tought I was OK to TTC at my age. He said he thought I was much younger and wondered why I asked such a question. Bless his heart. haha

TTC wasn't any different, as we don't even notice our age difference.

:hi: me too - I am 39 and DH just turned 34, we never really had a problem with our ages - never really thought about it till now to be honest. my DH also didn't see that there would any problems in concieving.....

Me too - I'm 39 and OH is 35.

Edit: Haha I noticed I've got OH's age wrong in my sig, oops!

Hello, I'm 38 (to be 39 very soon) and my OH is 31 - I am by far more immature than he is - so we balance each other out quite well ha ha. Been seeing each other for 3 years and luckily both at a time when we are keen to start a family, age really is just a number isnt it. However, when I am reminiscing back into the 70s and early 80s he doesnt know what I am on about - ;)

Love this thread! I'm 38 and my hubby is 26. We just got married in January and I'm so thankful that he's ready to start a family now. He's an old soul so we are a great match. Frankly women live longer than men anyway so this is just evening things out!

Here's hoping those young swimmers find their way!! :spermy:

:dust:

yes, me too. im 35 and dh is 29. it's something that no one would guess at all. he's such a level headed 'mature' soul, whereas i'm a fly by the seat of yer pants girl that needs bringing back down to earth (more often than not)... we contrast and complement each other perfectly e.g. he's into classical music and literature (although you wouldn't think to look at)...whereas i'm into brit pop and girly gossip magazines! says it all doesn't it.

Wow, so many of "robbed the cradle"...I wouldn't have it any other way!

I don't think I was ready to be a good partner before I met my dh.

I can't say that anyone has mistaken me for younger than my dh...but he is starting to go gray and I'm not (I'm a blonde, he's a brunet).

This weekend we went to my parents' house and I had to laugh. I don't remember what we were talking about, but for the first time I realized that my dh is younger than my baby brother. Just never thought about it that way before.

We do joke sometimes. He'll say, I wish I'd met you sooner, and I'll say, absolutely not, I'd be in jail. :haha:

sweetpickles: That is funny! I was just crashing the party reading. I'm not older well not really..by 2 months. we're same age though. I just needed a laugh this morning. Thanks.

I am happy to see that I am in Great Company :). I am 44 and DH is 31....we've been married for three years...I have DS (12) and DD (15) - and children weren't really an item for us at first...I always said if it happens, I would love it, but we weren't really TTC. Family (cultural) pressures and my husband's broadiness forced us to switch gears, and I wish we had planned ahead earlier... :S [I could have banked my own eggs at least possibly]. Anyway, we are here, and having a go at things....

I've got one, too! My OH will be 35 in September and I will be 41 in January. I never wanted kids until I met him 3 years ago, so I was NEVER concerned about my age. *sigh*

Frankly women live longer than men anyway so this is just evening things out!

this is what Ive always said!! so many women have partners who pass away earlier, so we have all evened it out, I think its great!

I love that so many of us have younger OH's :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->