Your Beta levels early on?

Hope83

Me, DH, DS & DD :)
Reaction score
Hey Ladies!

I'm back with my third little one :) !!!
I'm currently 5.3 weeks but only 21 dpo (at least that's what I'm thinking...)
Anyhow, I just got my Beta results from my 15dpo blood work back and it was a whopping 198! Does that sound about right?
I'm having this underlying very unrealistic "fear" that I'm pregnant with twins :wacko: and the doctor said my levels were quite high for so early on...
Any thoughts or comments?
TIA :flower:

Congrats ! My 13 dpo numbers were 242! I joked to my doc about twins and he was like yeah it doesn't really work that way. So he def brushed it off .... My scan is in three days so I guess I'll find out then :)

Hmm...I had my first beta levels done at 4w3d and they came back at 616...I'm currently 5w2d.

I think that sounds just about right. According to the BetaBase website, you were spot on average for a singleton pregnancy at 15dpo. That doesn't rule out the possibility of a twin pregnancy, but I definitely wouldn't rule it in based in that number. According to the BetaBase, the advantage beta for a twin pregnancy at 15dpo is and 400. So I think you're fine. :)

There is also such a wide range of normal, anyway. My beta was 664 at 4w6d. Meanwhile, many other ladies had betas much higher than mine around that time, which convinced me that something was wrong. But here I am currently 18 weeks pregnant (tomorrow) with a healthy baby girl. We are all just so different!

Thank you lovely ladies!
Chances are it's only one anyways!
I wish you all the best for your pregnancys as well :)

Congratulations on number 3!:bunny:

Try this calculator:
https://www.babymed.com/tools/hcg-calculator

My levels were 190 12dpo and 644 14dpo and I have twins on board.

There's a study published in Oxford Journals online where 700+ pregnancies were tested at 12 dpo. Singelton median range for hcg levels was 115 for singelton pregnancies and 201 for twin pregnancies.
https://m.humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/17/7/1901.full

Try this calculator:

There's a study published in Oxford Journals online where 700+ pregnancies were tested at 12 dpo. Singelton median range for hcg levels was 115 for singelton pregnancies and 201 for twin pregnancies.

Congratulations !!!
Do twins run in your family or was that a big unexpected surprise ??
I wish you all the best. How are you feeling?

Mine were at 3+5 were in the 200's then at 4weeks exactly they were in the 600's. Can't remember the exact numbers but they thought I had a ectopic pregnancy because of how fast they were going up.

Try this calculator:

Congratulations !!!
Do twins run in your family or was that a big unexpected surprise ??
I wish you all the best. How are you feeling?

Thank you Hope, it was through IVF, we've had a long arduous journey. I was SO hoping for twins to finish off our family, I took folate (not folic acid) and did all of the prenatals that are needed for baby's health months before the IVF. Twins naturally are with a likelihood of less than 5%. Some women just drop lots of eggs or produce fantastic juicy embryos that split. I'd bet women in their 20's are more likely to have twins naturally, we seem to be at our optimum at that age.

Mine was over 18,000 at 4w6d, which is high according to online charts, but my OB said he's seen them all over the place.

Oh, and to the poster above, naturally occurring twins are more likely in women over 35. Older women produce more FSH than younger women. I had researched this bc I became pregnant, much to my surprise, at age 45.

Mine was over 18,000 at 4w6d, which is high according to online charts, but my OB said he's seen them all over the place.

Oh, and to the poster above, naturally occurring twins are more likely in women over 35. Older women produce more FSH than younger women. I had researched this bc I became pregnant, much to my surprise, at age 45.

Yes I've heard that too. Our body's last ditch attempt to pump eggs out and multiples come out.

Hey hope, congrats on bfp. I have a child a couple months older than ur first and my other was born on the same day as ur daughter! I am hoping to be pregnant right now, imagine that ha. I am 9dpo and testing tomoro so will see then....

Twins are fascinating! I have been pregnant with twins before and the only real difference in symptoms that I had were I had a bit of bleeding until 12 weeks on and off (for no apparent reason) and I had this real heavy feeling, sort of inside, maybe on my cervix. Was a bit like pressure and I thought the baby was really wanting to come out. Then when we found out it was twins I thought that was why.

Good luck tho! Keep us posted! Xxx

My 4w2d (16dpo) was 385 and 5w3d (24dpo) was 6544, doc said they are on high side but normal and cant tell if im having twins or not since doubling time is 45hours.

But i got pregnant wth clomid so i might end p with twins but its really hard to guess by hcg levels.

Hey guys, twins with this pregnancy and my hcg was 59 to start with, then 2130 at 4 odd weeks then last draw was 41030 something like that at nearly 6 weeks.

I just got my second Beta results from last weeks test at 24 dpo (5 weeks 6 days)and my levels are up to 8500. That equals a doubling time of approx. 40 hours which is good (a little high?) I suppose. Next big step is seeing little bean at my 8 weeks scan (next Friday) and I'll start relaxing and stop testing :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->