Your experiences... how long after show?

MrsLo

Reaction score
So I know there are plenty of threads like this, forgive me:)

I've been reading a million answers to this question on yahoo answers but I would like to hear what you mommies experienced.

How long after your bloody show started did you start having regular contractions? The average on yahoo seems to be about 12 hours after.

My show started at 6:20 this morning and has been continuing all day.
I am having contractions and sharp cramps but they are about 8-10 mins apart still.
I didn't expect the show to be so much.... my friend just had a baby a cpl weeks ago and she warned me but my goodness..... I feel like I'm on my period! (TMI?)

not sure since this is my 1st...but sending lots of labor :dust: your way.

What happened to you getting induced?

I had a bloody show about 2 1/2 days ago, have had pains on and off, but no definite labour yet :dohh:

on dd2 i woke up at 7 am ....had a show then by 7.30 am my contractions had started........they were only coming every say 30 mins.......throughtout the morning they got coser as in 20 mins etc.........i even went shopping and they were coming every 5 mis......but bareable........went home.......they got to every 3 mins and i told dh to ring ambulance.......i got into hosp at 4.10 in the afternoon (was 9 cm cudnt believe it) waters only broke then.....and by 5.40 ( hr + half later) she was born :)

Thanks ladies :)

I am being induced this Monday. On my due date . But I am really hopeing this show, and all these contractions and cramps are a sign that we can do things naturally before Monday.

with my first pregnancy I lost it about three days prior to going into labor FX for natural labor to kick in for you

my waters broke and had a show at the same time then my son arrived in like 1hour! x

Great news! You have something to hope for!!! Those pains you have must be the beginning of your contractions! You might not need to be induced on Mon afterall!!:thumbup:

I'm the opposite of you. I had a bloody show last night and am hoping i don't go into labour. I have a c-section booked for tuesday and don't want to have an emergency one. So i'm hoping it's a few more days yet but it seems so individual. good luck - hope this is it for you xxx

So I know there are plenty of threads like this, forgive me:)

I've been reading a million answers to this question on yahoo answers but I would like to hear what you mommies experienced.

How long after your bloody show started did you start having regular contractions? The average on yahoo seems to be about 12 hours after.

My show started at 6:20 this morning and has been continuing all day.
I am having contractions and sharp cramps but they are about 8-10 mins apart still.
I didn't expect the show to be so much.... my friend just had a baby a cpl weeks ago and she warned me but my goodness..... I feel like I'm on my period! (TMI?)

I think someone will have a baby tonight!! :happydance:
Good luck!!

Ohhhh my ladies. I am having some seriously painful contractions.
I have been waiting for them to get closer.... They are now 5 minutes. But sometimes they are 6 or 7... I'm afraid to go to the hospital and get sent home. But I'm also afraid of waiting too long because it's going to take us 45 minutes to get to the hospital. I don't know what to do.

36 hours for me.
i had my show on saturday night, went into labour monday morning.
xx

i dont think i had a "show" but i did lose my mucus plug over the space of a week with my second but he was still snug and warm inside 10 days after my due date and i had to be induced. with my first i dont remember having a show or losing my plug but my waters broke 5 days after having a sweep so i think it varies from woman to woman. good luck for tommorrow if she hasn't already arrived!!

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttc5de6.aspx

My actual bloody show started the day before I went into labour. I then had a sweep when I was in early labour (and was told my cervix was too high and posterior, that I could no way be in early labour and to make myself comfy cause baby wasn't arriving anytime soon) and he was born 30hrs later!

Hope you've gone to hospital hun! Good luck!xx

I had my baby Monday!!
Show started Saturday morning
Contractions started to HURT Saturday night
Went to the hospital Sunday morning and ended up going home because I was only 2 cm Was told to come back for my induction Monday morning
Went home and had HORRIBLE contractions all day Sunday (was in bed crying for most the day !!)
Finally went back to the hospital at 1130 Sunday night. Contractions were only 6 mins but I was 4 cm when I got there so they kept me. Didn't need to be induced!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->