your experiences of wonder week 26

Babybear85

Mummy to Joshua
Reaction score
I would love to hear your experiences. My lo had been doing lovely 9 hour stretches. We reached 22.5 weeks and bam..nights have been terrible. He won't lay still. He's still swaddled but he's constantly tossing his head from side to side, grunting, crying waking for more milk. I dont even know if he's awake when he is tossing and turning his head it's so annoying I can't sleep because I dont know if he is awake. He spends most of the night in my bed he sleeps better there but still wakes every few hours. He's grumpy all day but luckily is still napping but my god he is normally happy to play and entertain himself whilst I do things for my toddler but no chance he's extra fussy at teatime when he used to be as a newborn it's like he has reverted back to some of those traits. Very very demanding. He's learnt to roll over and it's amazing and is sitting a bit better. Does this sound like wonder week 26. He's been like this for two weeks now it's killing me....love to hear your experiences

Ours was a nightmare, he would get up up to 8-10 times a night. And it lasted for about a month. We ended up co-sleeping just to get by. But yes, he was verrryyy grumpy. And in that period learned how to get up on his hands and knees and rock. It took him about another 6 weeks from there to learn how to crawl. It was a rough one for us. Hope it ends for you soon x

Week 26 came and went and I didn't notice any changes (sorry!!) but fear not I feel teething is upon me shortly so no get out clause for me!

We're definitely in Wonder Week here too right now and it's so FRUSTRATING!! DS has always been a great sleeper, and now suddenly it's an epic battle to get him to go to sleep at night. He just wants to roll over ALL. THE. TIME. :dohh: And sometimes he'll roll over onto his tummy in the middle of the night and then scream about it until I go roll him back.

He's also much fussier during the day than normal. I know his little brain is on total overdrive right now, but holy crap I can't wait for this phase to be over. :nope:

Yikes. I plan to move hin into his own room on Saturday. I dont know if it's a good idea or not. I think I am possibly intervening with him when he's restless as his eyes are actually shut but because I need the sleep and it keep me awake I try to settle hin else I can't fall asleep. I am thinking if he's not awake it will be waking him...I am exhausted today I could cope if I only had Oscar but I have a 21 month old too so they rarely nap at the same time. I am starting to dread bedtime too as I know it's not like I will catch up on sleep

We moved Hunter to his room during WW26, not intentionally. It hadn't started yet. But once it did, it was kinda pointless, as he ended up sleeping in our room anyway because we were up to him through the night so often, it was too tiring.

Horrendous!!!!! Ill
Be honest. Until
He was eight months really. Stopped sleeping through fed constantly was clingy etc then at 8.5 mths everything clicked into place. And he started sleeping through eating in a rough routine etc

I'm not gonna lie.... Terrible! My placid content 12 hour sleeper turned into a nightmare for 2 weeks and then miraculously back to normal! Weird! At the time I thought oh no my luck has ran out but nope just went straight back to normal! At the time it feels like the bad stage is lasting a life time though! X

We're five weeks into this as Joel's started early. It's terrible, really exhausting. He's up at night a lot, won't sleep in stretches more than 2 hours, is fussy and grumpy.

So far in the last month he has learned to clap, sit, army crawl, pull himself up to standing and bang 2 objects together. I hope his development plauteaus after this though. We never had any wonder weeks or regressions with my 2 year old and although her milestones were slightly later than average, at 2 she is the same as all her peers and you'd never know who clapped early and who didn't lol. But this way makes for a ratty mummy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->