Your experiences with clomid??

wannabeprego

Mom to 3, FET cycle 10/2023 is a BFP!
Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I am considering taking Clomid and wanted to know about your experiences with the drug.... Why did you start taking it?? Did you suffer any side effects... Did you get pregnant??? Do you have any opinions about the drug in general. Any feed back would be highly appreciated!!!!:thumbup:

Hi Wannabpreggo. I took Clomid in 2008, and got pregnant on my second round. I was prescribed Clomid because I don't ovulate. I am currently trying again and I'm on round 3. I didn't have bad side-effects, I think they vary from woman to woman. I did get some hot flashes and lots of O cramping. Overall I think it worked for me and has for lots of other women as well! Best of luck to you!

Thanks for your response TTCnumber2, My DH has a low sperm count after a vasectomy reversal that was originaly done about 14 years ago. I have been ovulating though based on my OPK's each month, but since my DH has a low sperm count we havent had any luck getting pregnant yet. So I have been doing some research and considering trying clomid out and hoping it would increase my chances of getting pregnant. Good luck and baby dust to you hun!! I hope you get your :bfp: soon!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

I took 1 cycle of 50 mg, and had no side effects, but it also failed to make me ovulate. Next cycle I took 100 mg of clomid, and still had no side effects, but when I went for my day 14 scan, I had 3 mature follicles, and I ended up getting my BFP that cycle!

I was convinced the 100 mg hadn't worked either since I had no side effects or any signs of ovulation, but it worked for me! Pregnant with just one baby, had ultrasound to rule out multipes and strong heartbeat was seen at 6 weeks.

hiya wannabeprego, i have recently been through 2 rounds of clomid. The 1st i had really strong hot flushes and headaches, and the second i had terrible nausea. I think it can vary from time to time and woman to woman. The reason i was put on it is because we have mf issues and i have missed ovulation sometimes so we were doing iui cycles. I never got pregnant with them though 1st was a bfn and this time was canclled because i couldnt detect my surge so not sure if the clomid actually stopped ovulation this month or just wasnt a strong one. Best of luck to you though x

Hi there I am on my 4th cycle of clomid, I take 50mg cd 2-6. My consultant prescribed it to me because I wasn't ovulating before. Clomid makes me quite moody, also I dont sleep very well and it gives me hot flushes! As far as I'm aware I think yourt gp/fs has to prescribe it to you.

Good luck x

Hi

Im on 3rd round of clomid - no side effects that Ive noticed. The odd hot flash (but that could be the weather too) and I am having headaches this week (but think they started before i started my 1st pill). I think if you take the pills at night you sleep through most of the side effects.

As for ovulating and getting preggo - i Ov on my own anyway and was put on clomid to see if it helped increase my chances (which so far it hasnt). I will finish the 6 courses but not feeling very hopeful. I have heard of alot of women who do Ov and are class unexplained and they got preggo so Im holding onto that thought.

Good luck - i'd def give it a try if I were you.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me. I appreciate your responses!!!

Congrats on your pregnancy ermma. :thumbup:

Good luck and baby dust to the rest of you ladies TTC right now!!! :dust: :dust: :dust:

just wanted to add that we are TTC after a vasectomy reversal too and I am on 100mg Clomid due to my DH's low motility. i ovulate fine by myself but this is to try before we move onto fertility treatment.

i have been having awful hot flushes and loads of them, they wake me up loads in the night. i figure it's worth it for a couple of months though!

good luck xx

i will be starting clomid when my af shows im now 9dpo, i had Ovarian Drilling on august 18th, ive been TTC now for 4 years, ive just ovulated this month for my very 1st time in 4 years!! :) im hoping Clomid will give me my extra boost and ill have my bfp soon!

good luck to everyone :dust: hope you all get your bfp soon! :)

I had a constant head ache when I took clomid and of course the hot flashes that I probably could have delt with but the headaches were horrible. Everyone doesn't have a negative experience so I hope yours is totally different from mine.

I'm on my second round of Clomid. I'm on it because I have PCOS and don't normally ovulate on my own.

The first round was 50mg on days 5-9. I had horrible hot flashes a couple nights in a row and a slight headaches on the afternoons when I had taken it. I failed to ovulate that cycle and had to take Provera to start AF.

The second round I took 100 mg on days 5-9 and the only side effect I had was slightly sore nips. Other than that I seemed fine :shrug:. I got a super positive OPK and EWCM this cycle but I won't find out if I actually ovulated until my blood test next Tuesday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it worked this time!

just wanted to add that we are TTC after a vasectomy reversal too and I am on 100mg Clomid due to my DH's low motility. i ovulate fine by myself but this is to try before we move onto fertility treatment.

i have been having awful hot flushes and loads of them, they wake me up loads in the night. i figure it's worth it for a couple of months though!

good luck xx

Sounds like we are in the same boat right now melanie, I know one lady said that the clomid could produce multiple eggs to give the :spermy: a better chance of making it to one of the eggs. I also ovulate fine each month as well based on my OPK's that i do every month. I have heard of other ladies on the site using clomid because their DH has a low sperm count for other reasons as well. I got my fingers crossed for us both that we will be getting out :bfp:'s soon hun!!!!!:thumbup::flower:

Thanks for the new responses ladies!!!! :flower: I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend and that this month we all get our :bfp:'s!!!! :dust: :dust: :dust:

i have taken 100mg clomid this month. i took 3 cycles of 50mg last yr which didnt make me ovulate, but this cycle of 100mg it did. i have pcos and havent had a period in about 7 or 8 months. im currently cd13 and think i ovulated yesterday...good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->