Your Favourite Dinner!

my mum's roast dinners are best, but a bit boring cos we have them every week!

but it is my opinion, therefore fact, that the nicest ever is a fillet steak (as thick as my fat thumb), literally sealed on the outside and still a bit cold in the middle! with tiger bread and asparagus and a nice bit of salad.

am making OH make it as my first meal out of hospital!

Juicy rare steak with pepper sauce & veg or chicken fajitas:happydance:

has to be a sunday roast!! especially my nannas, roast beef, proper yorkie puds, roasties, cabbage and home made gravy. YUM, YUM!!

hmmm ive got 2 too!

Home made curry from scratch or home made cottage pie made with potato and swede mash!! yumyum!

This thread is making me hungry LOL

Me and my husband together make a nice homemade meatball mozzerella tomato bake, with lovely warm baguettes to dip. Yummy.

Im another one for a sunday roast, but i like chicken with all the trimmings.
Im also a partial to medium rare steak with big fat chips and peas.
That M&S ad thats on at the minute drives me crazy because i cant eat rare steak yet and it looks soooooooooooo good, ive already told Lee that he is taking me out for a belated valentine meal after ive had bubs.

I'm hungry now!! My faveourite meal I can think of now is homemade nachos and pitta bread pizza - yum yum!! Also love burgers with jacket potatoes and loads of salad

Defo a full sunday roast. YUM! And steak with peppercorn sauce

Fish Fingers, chips and beans :D

:rofl: no seriously, proberly a sunday roast, chicken!!!!
Or chicken and mash, im a chicken finatic !!!

Sunday roast, chicken with yorkshire puds and all the trimmings!

Oh and sausage egg chips and beans with home made chips!

Mmmm you cant beat sausage,egg, chips and beans for some good old comfort food!!

Well hubby is a chef and Italian so any pasta he makes is delish(and much better than mine!).
One I really like king prawns with linguine in a lemon butter sauce.
Oh and he does a brilliant ribeye steak with peppercorn sauce and veggies.

I adore

Lemon chicken with rice.
spanish chicken
spag bol(homemade)
chinese
toad in the hole

sorry i cheated a bit to far :p

xx

Lemon chicken - I know it's an old recipe but I do mine my way

Chicken breasts (although I prefer to use goujons or thigh meat, mm)
Lemon - I use 2, but depends on your taste
Lemon rind
Thyme or lemon thyme
Garlic - however many cloves you like, I use 2 usually
Salt
Pepper
Onion
Peppers
New potatoes

Early morning - Put chicken breasts, sliced onion, thyme, 2 cloves of garlic, juice of 1 lemon and a bit of rind into an oven dish. Leave in fridge until dinner time.

Dinner prep - Prepare and start to cook your roast potatoes - or do what I do if it's more of a rush, cook potatoes then fry them for that *roasted* effect.. you can also fry them with some garlic and butter for a slightly more tasty potato that goes well with this meal.

I then fry my chicken and onion, slice the peppers, add them to the chicken and onion for the glazed look.. then add them to my oven dish. Add slices of the other lemon - *skin removed* and some salt and pepper and more thyme if you wish.
I then cook it all in the oven for about 30 minutes (take note that my chicken is fairly cooked before putting it in the oven as I don't like my chicken undercooked - I like golden coated, well done chicken.. but how you do it is up to you and your tastes!!)

Fecking beautiful!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"