Your feelings as we near the end of pregnancy

Angel21

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Hi girlies....

Just been thinking about my pregnancy so far, and panicking at the fact that I only have 10 weeks left of my "old life", then I'll be someone's mommy :help: and I thought I'd find out how you all feel? So.....

What do you wish you had known sooner? That back ache would strike at 10 weeks, even though there was no extra weight to be carried, and it is all down to stretching!

What do you wish you had NEVER been told? Before I got pregnant I never knew us ladies got "plugs", let alone lost them :blush:.....I don't like the sound of this at all!

What is your best/most used pregnancy buy? 3 bump bands for £9, from New Look, I wear one of them everyday, and they give me a nice tidy look around my middle.

What are you most worried about at this stage? The fact that my baby seems to be lying in breech at the moment and has been since 20 odd weeks...I DO NOT want a c-section.

What scares you most about being a new mommy? Not having a clue what to do, also not being able to stop him crying!

Have you bought too many baby clothes? YES! :blush:

Feel free to answer and add your own questions comments girls :hugs:

What do you wish you had known sooner?
- that SPD exists

What do you wish you had NEVER been told?
- what an episiotomy is!

What is your best/most used pregnancy buy?
- New Look black maternity top, I love it it's sooo comfy!

What are you most worried about at this stage?
- the inevitable pain!

What scares you most about being a new mommy?
- the same I think, not knowing what to do!

Have you bought too many baby clothes?
- actually no, but then not knowing the sex slows the buying down!

I have another question to add:
-Has pregnancy been more or less enjoyable than you imagined?

That raspberry leaf tea 'supposedly' makes 2nd part of labour quicker, then I would of started drinking it earlier :dohh:

About forceps, i really dont like the look of them or the thought of my baby being pulled out by its head with them !

Most used definatly my birth ball, a godsend for backache and just generally makes you feel amazing after being on it for half an hour !

Whether baby is still back to back and whether it will cause complications during the birth :cry:

Not being carefree and doing the things i used to do, and how I will react to this change.

I dont think i have no

Has pregnancy been more or less enjoyable than you imagined?
Its been less enjoyable, you restrict yourself and you cant do alot of things once you get to big, your moody tired and you gain weight, i know it will be worth it but I wont be doing it again in the near future I dont think.

I wish I had known sooner..... that my baby is a really strong and that I don't need to worry so much about his health.

I wish I hadn't known... that babies can be born over 7pounds LOL!!

My best pregnancy buy.... is my cream against strech marks :)

At this stage, I'm more worried about..... having a labour with complications.

What scares me the most about being a mum is... Sudden Infant Death.

No, I didn't buy a lot of baby clothes. We'll see if I need more I'll go buy some!!

So far my pregnancy has been..... perfect, it's an amazing experience, I enjoyed it. I'll do it again but not right away lol!!
xxx

- I honestly wish I would have known sooner that having a baby on the way would improve the quality of my life so much and improve the relationship I have with my family. I wish I would have known that I would love something with this kind of intensity.

- I wish I would have never been told about SIDS, pooping during labor (haha), placental abruption, etc. All the scary stuff.

- all my Motherhood Maternity clothes I bought from Savers.

- going into labor while I'm home alone and labor progressing too quickly!

- the first couple weeks when I won't know what my son is crying for...and not knowing what to do.

- nope, the grandmas and aunts have more than covered that part for me.

- I'm surprised (and other people are too) that I have been so damn happy and cheerful throughout my pregnancy. I enjoyed it even through all the pain and soreness and wierd illnesses. I even had my eardrum rupture and obviously had no pain medicine and I managed to smile through that too.

I wish I had known sooner...that I had gestational diabetes. I mean my dr didn't do anything wrong, they tested me, but it's one of those things I wish I was psychic about.
I wish I had never been told...that you puke during labor!!! I hate puking!!
Best buy...my body pillow
Most worried about...having a c section because baby is big. What if I can't push him out? C section?!!?Ahhhh
Scares me about being a mommy...not having any clue what to do. Screwing up
Too many baby clothes? Actually no. I've gotten a lot of hand-me-downs. I'm waiting til after my shower to see what we get first.

Oh yeah and I'm scared I'm gonna gag when I change diapers! LOL

I'm scared of puking in labour too....that's why I want minimal pain relief, so that there is less chance of me feeling dizzy etc. But if baby remains in the position he is in I don't think I'll get the chance for "natural labour"!

It's nice to hear what you are all thinking, and to know we are not alone :hugs:

I wish I had known sooner How much love I would feel for my bump, and how much closer it would bring my family,

I wish I had never been told How long we bleed after and all the things that can go wrong.

Best maternity buy My maternity support belt and body pillow

Most worried about Having my C section and how long its going to take to recover due to my disability.

Have I brought too many clothes Yes defiantly, but cant stop :rofl:

So far my pregnancy has been Amazing, even though Im in so much pain and not sleeping Im loving every minute of it.

Take care :hugs: XX

Oooo good thread!

- That every little pain isnt something to get excited about lol.

- I cant think of any. All the bad stuff Ive been told has made me relise not everything goes to plan and has prepared me partly for things like pooing during labour lol.

- New look maternity hoody, comfy :D

- Jack being born but being poorly or worse.

- Dont know what to do lol

- Yes. I could open me own shop lol

- Amazing. I love being pregnant. Not so much in this stage though, I just want my baby.

- Although this is my 2nd baby everything is so different with this pregnancy and I am still learning. Wish I had get pregnant sooner because they are all so different!

- All the bad things that can happen!

- my body pillow! An amazing thing for sleeping and I love my combats!

- Baby being born too early or with problems.

- Breast feeding - this is really scaring me at the mo as I haven't done it before so much so I am changing my mind very often about it!

- No not at all. I have a coming home outfit, and MIL has bought a mixture of girl and boy clothes - don't know why she couldn't do neutral! Will buy basics nearer the time!

Has pregnancy been more or less enjoyable than you imagined? It has been absolutely fantastic to be honest compared to my first one. Would do it all over again!

- That I was going to have a painful pregnancy!

- About Poohing when in Labour!

- My Maternity Jeans from Mothercare

- Lily being born early.

- Not knowing what to do and what my daughter's crying means. Also Infant cot death

- Not really, been giving tooooo many clothes though!

- Less enjoyable than i imagined. More aches and pain than ever.

- That I don't need to panic over every ache I felt earlier on

- Another for the puking - I have a phobia which I need to overcome!!

- My V pillow

- Being induced

- Cot death

- OH thinks so, I don't!!

- It hasn't lived up to my expectations. Hate the pain and sleepless nights I am now experiencing!

- Nothing. lol...... Ignorance is bliss!

- All the negative experiences from googling. More to worry about, that's why I don't google as much anymore, I just ask my doc.

- Both my maternity jeans!! SO COMFY! I wanna wear them forever!!

- The actual birth. I have a bleeding disorder, and a low lying placenta.

- Honestly, nothing scared me right now. I'm ready to take it on!

- No, we don't have tons. Everyone tells us not to buy too many, cuz people are gonna buy them anyway. Our shower is in 3 weeks, so we'll see what we get!

- About the same. I've been feeling pretty good, I feel like my body looks better than I thought it would too, so that's a plus! It's been getting a little uncomfy lately, but I was expecting that!

xx

Great thread BTW!

- that Morning sickness isnt just in the morning and it doesnt just last the first 3 months..

- Everything Lol

Tracksuit bottoms of course...

- Not being a good mum

- Getting it wrong!

- No i havent bought enough...but then again have plenty of baby grows lol..joy of not knowing what im having!

I have never hated anything more!!! xx

- That being pregnant is NOT easy, even if you’ve had a relatively good pregnancy. All those aches, pains, soreness, hormone changes, etc add up.

- Nothing really, I feel comfortable being prepared and knowledge is power!!

- A skirt that’s I’m absolutely in love with, soooo comfy:) Now, if the weather would only get nice enough so that I would wear it outside.

- Something happing to the baby before we have him/her and in a close second the actual birth.

- The first 3 months, lol

- No, we’re on team yellow and I didn’t want to get too much before we knew what we’re having.

- More and less…I love being pregnant but I hate worrying so much and about every little thing:(

Hugs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->