Your First Something?!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I was just wondering when you bought your first little something for baby when you found out you were pregnant?

I was tempted to buy something today & seen a gorg silver dummy ... I mean a little something for baby ... your first thing for baby that would go in babies keepsake box or something?

I didn't want to push my luck & buy something now ... I don't think!!

OH was very superstitious, and didnt want me to buy anything until atleast after the 12 wk scan. I was so tempted though.

We went to some shops straight from the scan and bought some baby grows and an outfit!

We waited until the 20 week scan and then bought some outifits and babygro's etc.
By 30 weeks we had the nursery decorated and by 35 weeks we had absolutely everything else.

Cx

When I was 6 weeks I had bad abdominal pain and they referred me for a scan. When I was in WHSmiths I saw a cute tiger teddy, and I promised bean that I would buy it for them after the scan - Seren was wiggling away and the tiger is now in her cot :)

8wks with lala (winnie pooh booties)

24wks this one romper suit and coming home outfit
xxx

Hmmm.... :-k

I don't think we bought anything until we bought the big stuff in March after 20 week scan. Had loads of stuff given before then, as folks cleared out old babygrows and stuff. Haven't been too superstitious about having things in the house but didn't want to buy anything or decorate until we were sure things looked to be really really ok.

My Mum was telling me the other day that my Dad was so superstitious that he wouldn't have anything at all in the house until my brother was actually born. While my Mum was in hospital (which was an age in those days to be fair), my Dad went and bought everything. Can you imagine doing that and leaving it to your OH to sort?! LOL!

Im superstitious about having the pram in the house before the baby arrives, i have it drumed in to me that its bad luck, not sure where or why i got that through from, but its one that i stick to now.

Got Cobys pram here, we are not sure yet whether we are getting a double, or useing Cobys with a bugy board, need to deicde quick tho so i can get it out of the house!

xx

I wouldn't buy anything big before 12 weeks defo. I already know what pram I want so may wait until a sexing scan as they do different colours.

i didnt get a chance to buy my first something as my mil took over and bought everything before i was even 12 weeks! grrrr

We gave it about 4 months before we bought anything, my mum's still wary about buying anything even now!

I think I will be shop happy after my dating scan should all be well.

I'm not sure when I'll buy something, maybe after the 20 week scan? I certainly won't have any big things in the house till after the sprog comes though.

when i was pregnant with my second i bought a pram i think i was only about 9 weeks and looking back with having the misscarriage the last how stupid i was but that pregnancy was fine but i think i was about 18-19 weeks when i started to buy a few baby grows and then when i ound out at 20 weeks i was having a girl i bought a few things in pink as sonographer said it looked liked a girl but just to be cautious then at 28 weeks i asked a again as i had a scan done and they said it was a girl and they showed me and my friend her girly parts and confirmed on friday at 36 wks+ thats its definately a girl so now i can relax

i have bought her a my first doll its soft from birth from her brother for when she arrives

and we bought him a thomas tank set in a bucket from her

i cant wait to see what he will be like with her

xx

i dont buy anything untill after the 20 week anomaly scan, then i normaly buy clothes as the first thing.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->