Your health after baby?

Daisy_Delayne

Reaction score
Do you find that a lot of little things have gone wrong with your health since the baby? I've had several lady infections, though I think those are because of the antibiotics I had to take early on, first for my c-section, then my incision became infected, then I developed a bad case of Mastitis.
But aside from that, I got a bad cold sore, , infected hang nails, a nasal infection, and now I have a weird and painful cracked skin right at the top of my butt crack!! None of which I've ever experienced in my life! It's been one thing after another since I had my baby. I wonder if I'm vitamin deficient or something, or is it pretty normal postpartum? I've always been such a healthy person, and I eat well.

My health has pretty much been the same as it's always been if not better. I've had a few colds but they've been milder than usual despite substituting in numerous schools.

I've been weirdly resilient ever since I got pregnant. I would usually get a cold or two per year but nothing! My OH has had everything going... and I still haven't gotten sick, despite surviving on sleep in mostly 1-2 hour blocks for months.

I got mastitis that went septic at like 5weeks PP- was hospitalized. And I have to get my shoulder fused, but that's not really "preg" related

Other than that- healthy as a horse :)

I think pregnancy has taken its toll on me! Had recurrent mastitis early on and seem to get lots of sickness bugs and colds. Generally feel really well in myself though. I bruise really easily now and skin on my fingers splits for no reason. I am taking new mum vitamin tablets. Might be worth you trying.

I take the cake in terms of awful post-partum experiences, to the point where I doubt we'll have a second because of all of the trips to the doctor I've had to make.

For the first 6 weeks after he was born I suffered with a bowel obstruction. Since then I've had inflammation in my left breast (numerous ultrasounds done to confirm it) apparently due to how my milk ducts are. There's nothing I can do but deal with persistent pain that wakes me up. I have postpartum thyroiditis that leaves me exhausted, I gain more weight, and have to get blood work done every 4 weeks. I was on medication but my thyroid became inflamed so they took me off. Now I have to get ultrasounds done on my thyroid frequently due to enlargement and small nodules being seen. I have an irregular heartbeat now, only started happening postpartum possibly due to the thyroid. I get EKG's done every 4-6 weeks to monitor that.

I had a perfect pregnancy, I was very healthy prior to having him. Now my body feels like it's falling apart. :nope:

I get stomachaches and heartburn all the time now. also dizzy spells when standing up or picking something up off the ground. nothing too serious tho.

I've been struggling with one illness after the other (or so it seems, I've been ill with a cold or virus one week out of every month since she was around 2 months). I'm also having tummy troubles, which is worrying me as I have Crohn's disease, it was completely dormant during pregnancy, so now I'm worried I'm heading for another flare. My eczema has got worse again since having Robyn too.

Might it be that you are generally run down? If so, some high strength multivitamins, fish oils and vitamin C might help - the type you get for health food shops rather than Boots etc. I swear my health is a lot better generally when I take them daily (obviously different ones when pregnant though) :shrug:

I have trouble with my bowels, but I've had IBS for years, so I guess it's expected? I have recurring piles, I still have aching hips, I've had 2 colds which I found hard going due to lack of sleep & one sickness bug. I get heartburn & nausea frequently, but again I got that sometimes with IBS anyway. My wrists are constantly sore. And I have weird patches of dry skin that I never had before.
Other than that I'm fit as a fiddle :-/

Awful!!

With my first, I developed pretty bad hypothyroid...we got it under control right as I got pregnant with dd. I was fine and felt amazing through my whole pregnancy...thyroid stayed the same. Then postpartum everything went wrong. My thyroid started IMPROVING and my medication was making me hyperthyroid. So they decreased my medication and told me to come back in a month...was still hyper but the idiot doctor decided to keep me on that dose to "see what happens". I ended up back in a month because I was so exhausted, losing a lot of hair, feeling shaky, losing extreme weight...doctor didn't even bother doing a blood test and tried to put me on antidepressants! I decided to go off the medication on my own and felt great for a while but now I'm feeling off again so to a different doctor I go. Just this year I've had 5 blood tests!

Not to mention I started becoming iron deficient and getting lovely gigantic red bruises all over my legs...

If I do want another kid I plan to wait at least 2 years AFTER weaning to try to let my body fix itself.

I've noticed that my skin is crap, spotty and just minging and my hair has gone limp and disgusting, oh and my teeth are no longer ice white :-( x

My health has been better than usual, apart from mastitis at 2 weeks pp. Can't get over how much hair I have lost though, it started falling when dd was 3 months and has only lessened in the last few weeks. I really thought I was going to end up totally bald!!!!

I've had one thing after another since giving birth, following a really easy pregnancy!

I've had root canal work done on a tooth due to major toothache, I had strains in both calf muscles which were not damaged during childbirth - I have no idea how they happened. I also got really painful piles, despite having none after the birth and I didn't even feel constipated... and just under 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with DVT (blood clots) in the whole of my right leg! :nope:

I now have some other bug on top of everything else :-/

I think having a baby and lack of sleep and stress due to change in routine can take a toll on your body. Take care of yourselves ladies. Sleep when you can eat lots of veggies and get some exercise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->