Your honest opinion on girls name

Hmm. tbh hun i dont like imarni but i love imogen. I think you should stick with that! x

I really like the name. And I know how problematic surnames can be (as I have a dodgy one myself!), but I really do think that Imarni goes with Marsh...

Just my opinion :) But like people have said, does it matter what people think?! Unless it's a really stupid name that a child's gonna get bullied for, I don't think it's an issue. It's a personal thing between you, your partner, and your child xxx

I say go with your heart hun, if u rarely speak to this person then I would go with the orginal name, have you already thought of a boys name ? xx

OH MY GOD...I'm in the same situation...exactly. An EX friend of mine named her baby the same exact name as I've wanted for years!! And I kept on trying to think of other names...but can't. We have some similar friends...and work for the same company...but NEVER talk and NEVER see each other and our children will NEVER see each other, so I decided...screw it...I'm using the name! Just because I can't stand her, I'm not going to name my child something I'm not 100% happy with! So if I were you, I'd just name her what you want!!

If you really loved Imogen then use it anyway, especially if it isn't a close friend. I do like Imarni too but if your OH doesn't like it then it could be an issue xx

I would go for Imogen, its the name you both like, I do like Imarni but Its so important that the name you choose is liked by both of you, take care :hugs: XX

i love it!! its a really cute name... but imogen is good aswel... just think you probably wont know your friends friend all your life but your childs name will be there for life... i dont think its bad or anything you picking the same name... people round here seem to all pick the same names for their children lol :) just go with what you like

Thanks everyone :hug:

I do really like Imogen but when I first picked it, It didn't seem to be that popular now it seems to be used a lot more than when I first thought of it and I did really want a name for my baby that no-one else has nearby.

I know you can never garauntee that the name you choose isn't going to suddenly be an overnight sensation but i really don't want my baby to have to same name as this other girls.

I agree that Imarni probably not a good idea if oh doesn't like it, although he did say today it was growing on him :)

Can you think of any other names that can be shortened to Imy as thats what I really like ? xxx

I would stick to Imogen anyway.

Imarni sounds like Armani tbh.

I agree with others: Imogen is a beautiful name and if you've loved it for ages, then you should definitely feel able to use it for your daughter.
After all, your daughter won't always live near to the friend's daughter, and you shouldn't feel pressured into choosing a different name as 'second best'. It's a difficult problem, though.

:rofl: You can't name her after a brand name. I suppose though, with all these new age names celebs use, you could. It could be all the rage in a few years.

"Fairy Liquid, your tea's ready!" :rofl:

:lol:

OH got hung up on wanting a daughter with the nickname Ellie, and tried to make it fit. In the end we went for a totally different name that we both liked.

I kinda like fairy liquid to ! lol one of the first names I wanted was Ariel !!!! :rofl:

My ultimate choice was Marsha although Marsha Marsh would be unforgivable :muaha:

Why don't you just go with Imy if that's what you're going to be calling her anyways?

Must say I'm with your OH on Imarni though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"