Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change!

HearMyPrayers

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Just to recap, I'd like to keep this thread strictly positive thinking only! :thumbup:

With the goal in mind to help each other physically and emotionally get healthier! Through recipes swaps and exercise ideas, we can vent because that's all part of the process but lets really help lift each other up and help each other reach their goals that much faster while being that much healthier! :hugs:

I thought to start we could all give a little details on ourselves so we all know what are goals are and what we want to achieve!

I'll start it off!

Age 31
current weight (optional) 154LBS
desired weight (optional) 130LBS
current exercise/diet plan? At home DVDS trying to follow the Paleo Diet
goals for weight loss? Want to be healthier but also want my body in optimal shape for IUI in the next couple months.
currently TTC, if so how long? Been TTC for 17 months
Are you LTTTC, if so how long? Hit our 1 yr TTC mark 7 months ago
Any inferility diagnoses? I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility DH is perfect!
What do you do to keep yourself emotionally stable during TTC? This I struggle with and currently I have no ideas or no process on how to deal with the emotional rollercoaster of TTC!

Age 26
current weight (optional) 184LBS
desired weight (optional)
current exercise/diet plan? Watching what I eat to not make my liver worse
goals for weight loss? I want to be healthy. I have NonAlcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, so too much fat and empty calories make it worse.
currently TTC, if so how long? Actively TTC 21 months
Are you LTTTC, if so how long? Hit our 1 yr TTC mark 9 months ago
Any inferility diagnoses? "Unexplained Female Infertility"
What do you do to keep yourself emotionally stable during TTC? Thearpy! And my Depresson meds! I have Major Depressive Disorder and Major Anxiety Disorder so to stay "stable" I need both on a routine bases.

current weight (optional) 175
Desired weight (optional) 135
current exercise/diet plan? Gold's Gym classes, at home dance games for Xbox
Goals for weight loss? Wanting to lose weight before IVF later this year
Currently TTC, if so how long? Approx 6 years
Are you LTTTC, if so how long?
Any inferility diagnoses? PCOS, I don't ovulate without clomid/femara and trigger
What do you do to keep yourself emotionally stable during TTC? Some days are better than others, just try to stay busy.

Age 35
starting weight (optional) 253lbs
current weight (optional) 206lbs
desired weight (optional) 153lbs
current exercise/diet plan? Slimming world - extra easy plan
goals for weight loss? To get lap and dye /HSG - achieved DR BMI in Feb 2013! (waiting on next FS appointment) New target is my own target
currently TTC, if so how long? Been TTC for 12 years
Are you LTTTC, if so how long? 12 years
Any infertility diagnoses? unexplained infertility, DH - SA is fine

xx

Age 36
Current weight 173 lbs
Desired weight 145 lbs
Current exercise/diet plan: I have a gym membership, DVDs, and I look for other ways to get some exercise. I follow Atkins/Gluten free diet. I recently gave up drinking diet soda. I take a hand full of vitamins every day.
Goals for weight loss: I want to get down to 145 lbs. I have 28 more lbs to go.
LTTTC: We have been ttc for about 20 months now.
Fertility diagnoses: I have an underactive thyroid that I take Synthroid for and I have PCOS. I also have a blood clotting disorder called thrombophilia. We don’t know yet about OH (24 yo).
What do I do to keep my sanity? I feel depressed sometimes, but most of the time I have a PMA.

Age 37
current weight (optional) 166LBS
desired weight (optional) 130LBS
current exercise/diet plan? Kinect w the Kids, Walikng and Gym time when I get the chance!!
Goals for weight loss? Want to be healthier and Happier for myself and the Baby!!
currently TTC, if so how long? Been TTC for 18months
Are you LTTTC, if so how long? Hit our 1 yr TTC mark 8 months ago
Any inferility diagnoses? Waiting for CD3 for bloodwork
What do you do to keep yourself emotionally stable during TTC? Try to stay positive and try to find others to talk to in my situation .

60 days Ago got off all prescription meds and started Vitex and Red Rasberry Leafs 3/3
Finally kicked my Diet Coke habit a few days ago and I already feel better .. Hopefully I will feel even better by the end of the week to excersise more!!

Anybody keeping this thread going?

I would like to report that I feel more emotionally stable this month. I'm not completely devestated to get AF this month. I didn't cry this time. :cry: I didn't get all moody and camp out on the couch. I feel like the changes that I have made lately are going to pay off for me soon.

I like your quote, "life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change!" That's a good one. I have one to add to it. "If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got." In other words, if you want a different result, you need to change what you're doing.

Anybody keeping this thread going?

I would like to report that I feel more emotionally stable this month. I'm not completely devestated to get AF this month. I didn't cry this time. :cry: I didn't get all moody and camp out on the couch. I feel like the changes that I have made lately are going to pay off for me soon.

I like your quote, "life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change!" That's a good one. I have one to add to it. "If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got." In other words, if you want a different result, you need to change what you're doing.

LOVE your quote! so very true! :hugs:

Sorry I've been MIA been a tough couple days lol. I battled pink eye, a chest cold, a pulled back muscle AND AF all in the SAME WEEK!!! :hissy: and felt like this :gun: with a little twist of :grr:

I wasn't too sad this time around either when AF came. I think I stopped crying when she arrive back in Oct/November. I do always allow myself to get a little excited when she doesn't came right on her date but true to form she always comes!

Its amazing how just a little change in your mind set changes everything!

Age 30
Current weight: 191.6 lbs
Desired weight: 145 lbs
Current exercise/diet plan: Weight Watchers and walking. I take a bunch of vitamins and minerals every day.
Goals for weight loss: I want to get down to 145 lbs. minimun, prefer 135-140 lbs
LTTTC: We have been ttc for about 3 years now (5 m/c during that time)
Fertility diagnoses: I have hypothroidism that I take Synthroid for. DH is perfect. Otherwise it is "unexplained fertility issues" and "unexplained re-occuring miscarriages".
What do I do to keep my sanity? This one is tricky for me..... I have an anxiety disporder (for which I take a medication), and the last few months have been especially hard (after my last m/c in Nov 2012) and I am now coming out of a depression and starting to "see the light" again and hope and pray and work for positive things....

Hi pixie. :hugs: I'm sorry your feeling low. From the small amount you said in your post, I can't help but think you might have a gluten allergy. There is a link between gluten allergy and multiple m/c. Do a search and let me know if it sounds familiar.

Age 32
current weight (optional) 189LBS
desired weight (optional) 140LBS
current exercise/diet plan? hooping and zumba
goals for weight loss? to get back to a size 10 (uk sizing)
currently TTC, if so how long? Been TTC for 50 months
Are you LTTTC, if so how long? it's into the 5th year now ttc#1
Any inferility diagnoses? doctor has yet to refer us for anything other than blood tests!
What do you do to keep yourself emotionally stable during TTC? Honestly I don't know how I get through the endless announcements, questions and so on. I have a vision in my head and prayer in my heart.

Hi jodse. :hi:

How is everybody? I've only lost three pounds since my first post here. It seems my weight has stalled yet again. I'm keeping really good track of everything I eat. Idk.

Hi evry1 :wave:

Hearmyprayers, thanks for starting this thread. I love your quote :)

Good luck to everyone & :dust:

LTTC is a hard road for sure, so it is good to take a real look at our lives to see what we can do to improve our chances. And losing weight (if overweight) certainly does that ...

Age 39
current weight (optional) 182lbs
desired weight (optional) 162lbs
current exercise/diet plan? Find that My Fitness Pal really helps (my name there is puffin2nuffin - feel free to add), Im also replacing one meal a day with slimfast shakes (got a good deal on the powder on Amazon), and currently doing Couch to 5k (using the free NHS podcasts),Im also trying to get out for more walks & enjoy the fresh air :)
goals for weight loss? I really want to get my BMI down to the normal range (its currently 30), look & feel better & improve my chances of successful pregnancy (esp as time is def running out for me)
currently TTC, if so how long? 3+ yrs in total
Are you LTTTC, if so how long? See above
Any inferility diagnoses? Low AMH, high FSH, DH also low fertility. We've had 2 natural pregnancies end in mmc & we've has one ICSI cycle that was bfn.
What do you do to keep yourself emotionally stable during TTC? Really focusing on trying to be positive as we will be doing another ICSI cycle before the summer. I love chinese accupuncture & chinese herbs for fertility & think that really helps me. Lots of walks, drinking water, trying to eat well, very little booze, fertility yoga (dvd), supplements... I dont always succeed but its important to be open with OH too :hugs:

Current weight : 150 lbs
Desired weight: 121 lbs
Current exercise/diet plan: Cardio exercise, drinking water all day, eating healthier (trying to fit in breakfast, lunch and dinner as recommended as well as snaking on fruits and veggies in between), taking my Omegas, and probably going to start fruit/ veggie juicing.
Goals forweight loss: hopefully to get my hormones balanced out, and to stay healthy and energized, as well as get body ready for a baby if this works
LTTTC: 1 yr of ntnp picking at ttc a little but officially ttc 4months for baby #1
Fertility diagnoses: N/A haven't gone to get checked, want to wait at least several months and try naturally.( By reading my bbt charts I can tell I have high estrogen and a deficiency in progesterone)
What do you do to keep yourself emotionally stable during TTC ?
I don't have an answer to that at the moment, but even when I'm not the most positive person, I tend to somehow keep myself together and just tell myself that I will conceive one day.
**I really hope y'all are still out there, motivation is the key, and we all need it, let's help each other out and lose this weight ladies!! Cheers to a healthier life***

I'm still here.

I have made a few more changes. I switched to organic eggs in an effort to avoid the hormones in the other ones. I would also buy other organic foods if I could. I try to eat as fresh as possible. I reduce the amount of food I eat from cans, boxes, bags, and packages. I also decided that I would eliminate the chemical cleaners and make my own. I've been using white vinegar to clean with and so far I really like it. It can't hurt right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->