Your maternity clothes... essentials!

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
Apologises if this has been done, thought it might help others to share what you found your essential maternity wardrobe to be, for clothes during pregnancy.
Especially as we're only pregnant for 9 months you don't want to spend the earth of loads of clothes, yet it goes through a few seasons!

I've just started to think back to last time, so ladies further along might help me too :D

For maddi's pregnancy my essentials where:
* Some good fitting bra
* Sleep bra or two
* Later on some nice knickers
* Over the bump jeans
* Leggings
* Few long tops/tunics
* Generously cut cardigan (was high summer with mads so didn't need a coat)
* And my most important item(s) especially at the end and when she was born, comfortable pjs!

for my feet i couldn't live without birkenstocks or uggs, but that hasn't changed since giving birth nearly 3 years ago :lol:

xxx

My essentials are definitely maternity leggings. I got myself a few pairs and now I practically live in them lol. They're really comfy too :)

I'm a lazy bum so I've just been wearing a bunch of yoga pants. I have some of the maternity jeans but I don't really like them. The stretchy bands are either too tight on my belly, or not strong enough to hold my pants up. So I'm all about activewear, I wear sweats or yoga pants and long t shirts or tank tops and I'm super comfy. I have pretty much stopped wearing bras with underwires because they hurt, but I need to go buy some new bras that fit well.

Ang, thats good to hear of leggings, i think i might order myself some for this pregnancy for later on :D
oread - i just come back to mention yoga pants! i just went through my old materity clothes and found two pairs and remembered how comfy they were :D

oooo yes, last time I lived in my maternity combats!
Maternity bras a must I agree!!
I had SPD so I found a v shaped pillow contorted into various positions to support my legs, bump and back, essential in the 3rd tri.
Huge unsexy, but comfortable, knickers

This time I am determined to be more glamorous with my maternity wear........ mmmmm not sure I'll pull that off!

Biiiiig pants, my butts got huge!
and belly bands, used them the whole way through :thumbup:

my hubbys jogging bottoms lol
towards the end of my pregnancy with my ds i wore them all the time (not our obviously i had meternity jeans which dont seem to fit my body right this time ?!)
then when my waters broke thats all i could get into so had them on right up until labour lol

im back in em now!!! lmao

One pair of under the bump jeans.
That's it. I just wore my larger tops and didn't need to buy any underwear or bras.
Oh and I just borrowed one of my OH's coats for the winter.

I wore a lot of lounging type pants that I could wear lower, below my belly. I had 3 maternity tops I think. Other than that, I wore my t-shirts & sweatshirts I had that were normally baggy. I wore a couple of bras I had that I still had that were too big (but fit during pregnancy) & then had a couple nursing bras after birth. The nursing bras & maternity tops were the only things I didn't already have before being preggo.

Maternity Jeans and Pajama bottoms! I'm still in my regular shirts.... and my ass has gotten huge so maternity jeans have been a godsend, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->