• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Your MS subsiding experience?

Ragnhild

Reaction score
Hey ladies.. yesterday at 12+3 was the first time in weeks i didn't throw up. I did gag and felt nauseous, but thankfully didn't actually throw up. Today thinking that i was better, i headed off to work. And on the way random smells made me sick again! So just wondering... those of you who are past MS now.. did it disappear suddenly (mine did appear suddenly at least) or was it gradual? I want to know if i should keep resting and that one good day sounds like a fluke to you, or if MS might finally be subsiding? Thanks for your help!

I would suspect it's probably subsiding. I can't remember if it was one day and it was gone or if it lessened slowly over a few days. But I know sometime in week 10 I did start to feel better. I didn't feel 100%, but I wasn't nauseous anymore, just didn't have an appetite and still had food aversions, but not nauseous. My appetite came back at 14 weeks. So in that sense, it was gradual back to feeling 100% (which I did after 14 weeks), but I suspect the nausea going was over a couple days around 10 weeks. It didn't come back again, though the food aversions did a few weeks before I gave birth. Hopefully this is a good sign for you.

It subsides gradually for me. With my son, weeks 6-9 were the worst, and it seems to be similar this time as well.

It varies from person to person. Mine subsided over a 4-6 week period. My nausea was so bad I barely ate anything and would cry in my car at lunch time and on the way home. But then I noticed around 16 weeks that not all food repulsed me anymore and I could get through the day without crying into my lunch! By 20 weeks, I was feeling well enough to eat my Christmas dinner although it took until 22 weeks before my liking of chocolate came back (phew!). It was up and down though, I'd randomly have days I felt really bad again and couldn't eat much. Or a smell would trigger it. But my mum said with me, she woke up and it had just gone and she was fine from that morning onwards!

My MS just magically disappeared with my (3) sons... at some point between 9 and 11 weeks with all of them. With my daughter (and this one which is another girl), I had MS that would get stronger or weaker but was ever present for what seems like forever..... lol. I'm 22 weeks and still have MS with this baby. It started to subside at 17 weeks with my daughter. I think it's all normal.

Mine has been subsiding since about 10 weeks. I've read that MS typically peaks at 9-12 weeks so I'd say at 12+3 you should be starting to feel better in a typical pregnancy. I had HG (severe MS) in my previous two pregnancies and didn't feel better until 16-18 weeks. With my first baby I had no sickness whatsoever. This time I had the text book MS that eases at the end of the first trimester so I'd say what you're experiencing is normal xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"