Your opinion is appreciated.

MgreenM

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I am new to this site and wanted to get some opinions on thoughts that have been running through my mind over the past week or so.

First, a little background info: We are not trying but we are not preventing either. We have been pretty active when I do not have my period, so pregnancy is always a possibility. Over the summer, the length of my cycle shortened, but remained regular so I haven't been concerned. Based on the last 6 months, I should have gotten my period this past Wednesday (my cycle has always been like clockwork even down to the time of day which did not change other than the length of my cycle). When it didn't come, I took a HPT test but got an error (likely user error). I need to get more HPTs if I want to test at home again. I had a few drops of spotting this morning which is very unusual for me.

My thoughts/questions:
1. I have a physical scheduled for Jan. 6th. Should I just wait and if I still haven't gotten my period, ask them to do a pregnancy test? When I have decided to do the HPT (2 times), I get very anxious about it and don't sleep well the night before. As a result, waiting to speak with my doctor about it would potentially decrease my anxiety levels and I wouldn't lose sleep. :shrug:
- additional thought, how many pregnancy tests at the doctors office will insurance cover? Will that be different with the changes by the ACA that start in January?

2. Should I be concerned about this change in my cycle after all?

3. I don't want to share with very many people where we are in our family planning/TTC. However, I have found that I get even more frustrated when I can't bounce these thoughts off of anyone who has experience. I have told 1 very close friend and that's it. Who have you confided in? How did you decide?

Hi! Welcome :)

1. If it were me, I'd probably ask the Dr. Hpt can get expensive so I'd wait and get a reliable test at the Dr since you already have the appt.

2. I honestly have no idea about this. So very sorry.

3. I told a close friend and my sister. I also found these boards to be a huge source of support :) i hope you do too!!!

Thanks for replying. My period did start yesterday so I guess I know the answer for now. I am also writing down all of my questions so that I don't forget the when I go to the doctor. I have also decided to start talking to someone I met recently that I have become fairly decent friends with and I find that is helping a little.

DH was super sweet and supportive yesterday. Especially after I got a double wammy of my period and a cancellation/rescheduling of a home visit that was part of the process of adopting a dog. I have wanted a dog for 4.5 years and no longer have any excuses! So, the 2 big things that I want right now are postponed and that is okay, because I know they will both happen in due time. It just doesn't make it any less disappointing.

I hope you have a lovely holiday week!

Aww!!! I'm so sorry you had two disappointments at once :( How disheartening :(

Big hugs to you! I'm glad you've found a good friend too! Please feel free to message me as well if you ever have questions or want to chat :)

Happy holidays to you too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->