Your opinion need please ladies :)

bigbloomerz

Reaction score
Im a bit new to Xmas, ive only celebrated it for the past 2 years.

This year my inlaws are already talking about buying presents for the bump e.g Mr Men Library Book Set (because OH had one and they gave it away)

I think it is lovely of them to offer already before baby is even born, but would it be cheeky to ask for vouchers or money instead of presents? just so then we can use it to buy other things that are more necessary? e.g a Cot, Wardrobe, Clothes? xx

I personally wouldn't ask. The idea is to receive gifts for Christmas that you don't really need, just as extras. They're buying for the baby, but mostly things they want to buy, that are fun to buy, and that will make them feel 'closer' to the baby. Giving money/voucher to buy things that are needed just isn't as much fun to shop for and to give.

If it was a baby shower or just an 'I want to buy something for the baby', then feel free to ask. But as Christmas presents, I'd just let them buy whatever they want and appreciate it. It's all about letting them have fun, and having fun receiving them / imagining what it will be like when the little one uses it. A Mr Man library set might not be something you need any time soon, but it will get used by both you, your little one and them.

I agree, just let them buy whatever for Christmas. I'm sure they'll help you with something else you 'need' for the baby. Like my mum bought my pram, dad the cot, inlaws bought us a tumbledryer LOL, and highchair..

Thanks Ladies :) Xmas doesnt half confuse me sometimes! Really appreciate your opinions xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->