Your opinion on my chances of getting a loan

21Rach

Mum & TTC
Reaction score
ok was working until the other day when i had applied to take all remaining holiday, at the point it runs out - late december i'll be on maternity leave, have baby sometime december/january/early feb and then return to work end of february, beginning of march. i have a letter as confirmation of my guaranteed payments from my company -

What do you think my chances of getting accepted for a £2-2,500 loan over 24/36 months? salary of 12k. not sure after childcare/benefits what the adjusted salary will be from feb/march when i return to work.

My friend reckons doubtful. i know i should just apply.. but i'd really like all advice/opinions before i go for this.

it's for a car - mine was a total mot failure had to be scrapped. so i'm a clown i've now got car seat and base i've forked out £200 for lol.... will make life easier to get a car to go with it lol!!!

also, when i got to apply for a loan i'll have to put unemployed wouldnt i? or do i put employed?

thank u for whoever took the time to read, and whoever replies thanks for the advice, if you think im crazy i will reconsider it lol :flower:

current climate they dont give out loans easily these days. Things go against you like unemployment,
I am self employed and partner is a copper and we have already been knocked back for a loan TWICE this week! Cos we need a loan for to put towards our deposit on a house. The more you try- the more credit checks go against your name and it doesnt look good all this refused credit showing up my mortgage/financial advisor told me ! :(

Goodluck hun. x

you are still employed hun, check out the moneysuoermarket for good advice on the best plae to try, definately dont go to a car loan company, try the banks etc first off, but its true that if you keep getting refused it goes against you x

good luck

your still employed on maternity. i dont see why you couldn't get one whats your credit background? do you pay your bills on time etc... if so then yea go for it, they can only say no xxx

Check your credit score on one on of the refrencing agencies. Equifax is currently doing a free 30 day trial. Even with good credit you could be refused. If you look in the loans section of moneysavingexpert.com there are a few people experiencing declines with perfect credit.

current climate they dont give out loans easily these days. Things go against you like unemployment,
I am self employed and partner is a copper and we have already been knocked back for a loan TWICE this week! Cos we need a loan for to put towards our deposit on a house. The more you try- the more credit checks go against your name and it doesnt look good all this refused credit showing up my mortgage/financial advisor told me ! :(

Goodluck hun. x

I was under the impression that personal loans could not be used for house deposits. When I worked for one of the major high street banks you had to provide evidence of your deposits and if it was from a loan then it was refused. Has this changed?

Check your credit score on one on of the refrencing agencies. Equifax is currently doing a free 30 day trial. Even with good credit you could be refused. If you look in the loans section of moneysavingexpert.com there are a few people experiencing declines with perfect credit.

Goodluck hun. x

I was under the impression that personal loans could not be used for house deposits. When I worked for one of the major high street banks you had to provide evidence of your deposits and if it was from a loan then it was refused. Has this changed?

The financial advisor told us to do it this way... so maybe it has changed :shrug:

Goodluck hun. x

The financial advisor told us to do it this way... so maybe it has changed :shrug:

Probably has then, just suprised given the current economic climate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->