your opinions please

mommabear28

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

Nice to meet you all and hopefully you can give me your opinion on whats been happening with me recently. :flower:

I usually have a 28-30 day cycle, normal periods that last for 3 - 5 days. Mostly up to 5. On the 25th March I was due my period and it came like expected on the friday afternoon then had totally stopped by sunday. I thought nothing of it, I knew it was short and light but just assumed I was having a lucky month! On the Monday brown spotting occurred and went on for a few days but I assumed it was old blood cos I just had what I thought was my period?

Since then I have gained weight, bout of nausea, but not vomitting and its definitely not unberable. My breasts in the last 2 weeks have been terrible. They have been so sore, my nipples are red and my areola are much bigger. I also in the past few days have noticed that the blue veins are becoming much more apparent, some leading into my armpit, and others leading into my areola area :shrug: I alos have the small bumps on my areola which i had anyway since having my daughter but I have noticed small white blister type spots on them also?

I am constantly bloated but put that down to my diet and more recently, as my period is due again soon I have been putting the bloating down to that. My gums have also became more sensitive and a bit painful which is something that doesnt happen to me either normally. I have got pimples on my cheeks but whenever i get my period i usually get some spots around my chin which I also have at the minute. My period was due today, obviously it could come in the next few days but I just want to see what you all think about what I have been experiencing? I keep getting the feeling that I am pregnant but then i have done a few hpt's which have all been been negative and also a negative urine test at the doctors.

Surely if I was pregnant it would be showing up on a HPT by now? My boobs have been the most annoying thing foe me though. They have been very sore for a few weeks no, started at the sides and now its the whole of both breasts, though tonight I cant believe how red my nipples are. Sorry for the TMI. Id appreciate your thoughts xx

How strange, it really does sound like you are pregnant. I know my friend had the same sort of symptoms as you and kept getting BFN. Eventually she did get a BFP and when they scanned her she was already gone 12 weeks even though according to the time the home pregnancy test showed a BFP she would have been earlier. So I guess even when you are pregnant sometimes you can get a false negative! I suggest you book an appointment with your Dr and see what they have to say!

Thank you for your reply Williams mum. Yeah it is very strange and quite frustrating. Im at the stage where I wish my period would hurry up so my boobs arnt sore anymore. Especially because I keep getting negative hpts. I was at my doctor and she didnt seem too interested in what I had to say to be honest. I think my best bet at the minute is maybe to wait to see if my period arrives, especially since the last time I missed one was when I was pregnant with my daughter. I usually know when AF is on its way but nothing so far. Im up twice during the night going to the toilet as well so thats prob why Im not sleeping well.

I also have been having heartburn on and off as well, and had to be sent home from work one day as I felt dizzy and sick but put that down to not really eating much that day. All these symptoms Im just thinking its coincidence and because I did have what i thought was a period for 2 days im thinking I couldnt be pregnant.

Sorry Im rambling, thinking out loud.

Thank you again for your input Williamsmum, much appreciated to get anothers point of view instead of thinking im mad.

Actually Im in the same situation! I can't even begin to tell you how many times I tested negative and never got a positive. I have had either shorter or lighter "periods" for the last 3 months and I got the veins in my breasts (leading into nipple) as well. Im not sure still if Im pregnant or not but Im going in for a blood test and Im pretty sure I am. The urine tests come out wrong for so many people, you should try getting what is called a QUANTITATIVE BLOOD TEST. Supposedly, they are 100 % accurate. Some people just waste their time testing on hpt's for so long before they get a negative results whereas they could find out much sooner with one of these. Good luck and go get that blood test done to find out for sure!

Yougurt thank you for your reply - much appreciated :hugs: Im sorry to hear your going through the same thing, its quite frustrating isnt it. I have read a few threads with regards to the blood tests and im definitely going to ask for one if my period hasnt arrived by next week. I NEVER have late or missed periods! I was kinda hoping id wake up this morning and AF would have showed, but nope. Instead iv woke tired cos again I havnt slept very well and my face feels very warm also so maybe Im coming down with something :nope:

Hope you get the answers you want and again thanks for your reply x

Oh I got 2 sore throats that lasted for like a day each time in the span of a week. I got a cold, bad headache, and stuffy or runny nose..supposedly, flu-like symptoms can be a sign of morning sickness

really? a sign of morning sickness, I never heard that before. Felt pretty much like that now since I got up this morning. I was chatting to a nurse friend of mine who seems to think that because my period was so light last month that maybe shell come with a vengence (sp) this month. I also have swelling of my mon pubis so she seems to think it could be related to my period and maybe a hormone imbalance. I dunno, ill just have to wait it out now I suppose.

What do you mean by swelling? Does it seem like raised up a bit and just different? Thats a big reason why I think I could be pregnant...it just looks very different.

yeah like raised up slightly. It may be extra bloating though cos i had a really light , short period last month and now AF will prob arrive a lot heavier this month cos it was so light last month!!.

My boobs arnt as sore for the first day in 3 weeks, though AF still hasnt arrived. Thats 30 days since my last LMP. However , cos my boobs are no longer as sore as they were this could be a sign that AF will arrive soon!.

Just wondering if anybody else has an opinion on what I have described? Still no AF yet either!. Very strange for me. Im wondering if I am pregnant how far I would be. Especially as Im unsure whether the bleeding I had on the 25th March that started on the Friday and was over by the Sunday was implantation bleeding or a period. Im not having a lot of symptoms today. Not as bloated and my boobs arnt as sore either. I keep expecting my AF to be there everytime I go to the toilet, and my stomach doesnt feel like Im pregnant either.

Im wondering if this was implantation bleedin on the 25th March would that make me 4 weeks pregnant or going by my last period in Feb would I be 8 weeks pregnant.

I sound like a child, quite embarrasing to have all these questions when Im a grown woman!

Didn't want to R&R. Sounds sketchy for sure. My sister is one of those people who never knows she's preggers. Had light periods 2 months into both pregnancies. Had false negs w/ HPT & urine, then finally had blood test come back positive. But I have also had some of the things ure describing & not been preggers, so...basically I am no help. :dohh::haha: Best wishes either way

goodluck...the more i read on here the more i think anything is possible!!

Girlblue and Sept10 - thank you both for your input. Sept10 you are totally right with regards to anything is possible!. I have read so many different stories in the past few days of women and their symptoms and getting pregnant! Everybody is definitely so different. We are all unique in the ways in which our bodies respond to pregnancy. With my daughter I had absolutely no idea I was pregnant until I was 4 & 1/2 months, but this was more to do with the fact that I was young and naieve, and should have known when I missed my period lol but I blamed so many other things. Was very scared, but looking back I didnt have any other symptoms apart from my missed period. :blush:

I have started AF today, and Im kinda glad cos I know why my boobs were so sore and the uncertainty of whether I was pregnant or not really frustrated me to the point where I wasnt sleeping properly! :coffee:

But then I have read so much recently, and although AF is here, there is no 'red' blood it is purely brown. sorry for the TMI. It is also very light & 5 days late. But Im hoping it kicks in properly tommorrow lol Just goes to show that symptoms that I was having could mean BFP for one woman, and negative for another. Theres no one woman who will have the identical symptoms of another one. I dunno, maybe Im wrong. And now I have started to ramble on and on and on and on............:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->