Your pregnancy announcement

julesmw

Reaction score
When and how? Did you wait a while due to apprehension over previous loss? Did you share right away? Did you make a big announcement or keep it low key?

I've always gone by my gut and it's rarely been wrong. With DS and DD, I couldn't wait to shout it from the rooftops but I held out until 11-12 weeks before announcing it to family. Once immediate family knew, I started telling people as I met them (worked it into conversation and posted on Facebook about a week after I told family). With my m/c, I couldn't hardly bring myself to tell ANYBODY. Right now, DH knows about my current pregnancy as do my doctors but I haven't even told my m-i-l and I work with her every day. I figure I'll wait until my pregnancy is confirmed (should be on Friday) and then I'll tell my m-i-l because I'm taking meds that make me drowsy and dizzy. I'll probably tell my best friend soon too but I'll keep the rest of the world out of the loop until I'm 13-14 weeks (or until I spill the beans...:haha:)

We told parents after we got past the time when we'd lost our last one, and started telling close friends around 10 weeks. We waited until after 13 weeks to tell the world, though.

We were like TXJen. We told our parents after our first successful ultrasound (around 7 weeks), told our close friends around 10-11 weeks, and made an official Facebook announcement at 12+1 (I would have waited a little longer, but 12+1 was our 5 year anniversary and I really loved the idea of announcing on our anniversary... it just felt extra special).

Only OH knew at first. Then we told some close family at 14 weeks (after ultrasound) and told friends and facebook at 19 weeks.

Only OH (and our best friends accidentally) know about my history of mc's so they did kinda wonder why we announced so late.

With dd we told on Christmas and gave family a gift of a photo album with a picture of the ultrasound on the cover and a note that said "More to come in June" on the inside.
With this one we got dd a shirt that said "I am going to be a big sister" and then went to visit and recorded their reactions when they noticed.

Facebook- with dd we put a picture of the pregnancy test as our profiles and with this one we put a picture of dd in her shirt and me in a maternity t-shirt that has a picture of a baby on my tummy as our profiles.

I know lots of people tell close family early because if something does go wrong they want support. I agree and I also think miscarriages shouldn't be a "bad" thing or a secret, BUT I am a very private person so I personally didn't want to tell everyone until later, even though I know there is always a risk. It's a very individual decision that you should be comfortable with. :)

I hope to wait til april when i can say ive been pregnant for an entire year.

We told MIL straight away, but that was it. OH told his aunt at 10 weeks and we announced via Facebook to everybody else after my 12 week scan.

We definitely held back due to apprehension/anxiety! Ofc the ladies on here knew straight away :D

My husband and I made the mistake before of announcing as soon as we got that positive pregnancy test. We were just so excited, and he had been struggling with some family issues for a few months so to him this was finally something positive, a turn around I guess you would say. After our loss though it made things so much harder. This time around we have made it farther than last time, and my last ultrasound showed a healthily progressing pregnancy, but I am waiting till next week when I have my ultrasound to show the heartbeat to show my family on Thanksgiving. We will be 7.3 weeks then. As for the rest of the world, I will probably wait a few more weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->