Your Responses to...

Ha! I used to ask these questions though!! It's only since starting my own TTC journey that I have realised how awful it is!! and have stopped asking....

I agree with you lot. I try and laugh most of them off with vague snorts or 'yeh'...

If they are really p'ing me off....then I go all deadpan and serious-looking...and then say "We can't have children I am afraid"

That shuts em up and they never ask anything else!!

Ha! I used to ask these questions though!! It's only since starting my own TTC journey that I have realised how awful it is!! and have stopped asking....

I agree with you lot. I try and laugh most of them off with vague snorts or 'yeh'...

If they are really p'ing me off....then I go all deadpan and serious-looking...and then say "We can't have children I am afraid"

That shuts em up and they never ask anything else!!

I've done that!!! "I can't get pregnant." It does tend to shut 'em up doesn't it!?

As regards to how we will tell our families-I saw the other thread but felt I was too late to add to it, but my plan is one that you've heard of too: I'm a photographer, and I am known to get big family photos when I'm in town, so the plan is to gather everyone up and set the cam up and say "Ok, I'm ready, one, two, I'm pregnant!" I'll prolly be so nervous and shakey though, someone will know something's up.....but that's my plan for the Ohio clan. The one with my in-laws here is my other one :) I don't know how I'll tell my DH, I think I'll go buy a cute baby outfit and have him happen upon it, I wonder what his reaction will be.... :D :happydance:

As regards to how we will tell our families-I saw the other thread but felt I was too late to add to it, but my plan is one that you've heard of too: I'm a photographer, and I am known to get big family photos when I'm in town, so the plan is to gather everyone up and set the cam up and say "Ok, I'm ready, one, two, I'm pregnant!" I'll prolly be so nervous and shakey though, someone will know something's up.....but that's my plan for the Ohio clan. The one with my in-laws here is my other one :) I don't know how I'll tell my DH, I think I'll go buy a cute baby outfit and have him happen upon it, I wonder what his reaction will be.... :D :happydance:

I LOVE the idea of getting the picture of their faces. How cool would that be to have for you and for the baby? Still not sure on my husband yet, either. I'd like to give him the test somehow, but not sure how to do it or where...

I'm famous for getting my hub a watch for our anniversary, so maybe I'll put the test in a watch box for him to open...(provided I get a BFP before Dec 1st!, and if it's really soon, I'll tell him it's an early anniv pres!) He'll think it's another watch! haha!!!

I've been thinking a ton about his reaction. I think he's going to get really quiet and be in shock...and I know he's going to say over and over again, "Oh boy...Oh boy"....LOL

I'm on CD12!! Wow! This is getting crazy!

Hey, those of you who get good EWCM...how soon before Ov do you start to get it? I haven't ever paid that much attention to when I get it in conjunction to the middleschmerz...hmmm...something to ponder...hehe

1 or 2 days prior to o for me. think o is coming up this weekend... fingers crossed!

I'm famous for getting my hub a watch for our anniversary, so maybe I'll put the test in a watch box for him to open...(provided I get a BFP before Dec 1st!, and if it's really soon, I'll tell him it's an early anniv pres!) He'll think it's another watch! haha!!!

I've been thinking a ton about his reaction. I think he's going to get really quiet and be in shock...and I know he's going to say over and over again, "Oh boy...Oh boy"....LOL

I'm on CD12!! Wow! This is getting crazy!

Hey, those of you who get good EWCM...how soon before Ov do you start to get it? I haven't ever paid that much attention to when I get it in conjunction to the middleschmerz...hmmm...something to ponder...hehe

If you're known for giving him watches you should DEFINITELY do that!!!

I've only been charting for a month, but last month...EWCM on a Friday, positive OPK on Saturday and ovulation on Sunday. Thursday it was getting there, but not EW quite yet. But I was only checking once a day. "They" advise checking more often, so I'm going to this month. You should check people's Fertility Friend charts. Lots of girls have them in their signatures. It's like everything, though...different for every woman!

:loopy: Hey! Thanks! I like you guys! :) :happydance: I never thought to spy on ff charts...hehe! Well I'm hoping to spot some EWCM soon, I'm due to Ov sometime this weekend! Yay!

:loopy: Hey! Thanks! I like you guys! :) :happydance: I never thought to spy on ff charts...hehe! Well I'm hoping to spot some EWCM soon, I'm due to Ov sometime this weekend! Yay!

Have fun spying! And have fun babymaking! Hope you get that :bfp:!!!

:rofl:, Im normally just growl at them :rofl: xx

We got side tracked didn't we?

Have I mentioned that 4 of my very dear friends are pregnant and 2 of them are expecting #2?? So, back to the subject of this thread, I talked to one of them today and guess what she asked??? "So, when are you guys going to have one of your own?" Ugh!!! Thankfully it was via email and I don't have to risk being a moody-mess and saying something as a quick shot back. She knows how much I love kids and I beg her to keep me posted on her daughter and her current pregnancy...but I can't recall having a convo with her about ME ever having kids.
Do you guys talk to your friends about one day your kids play together and even farther in the future wondering if they'll date and want to marry each other? :)

Nope. OH and I stay far away from that topic if at all possible. Too touchy seeing as how none of them know we are TTC.

BUT - my neighbor across the street just had a beautiful baby girl in August and has a son that is about 2. I often think they would make great playmates for my little one! Then I make myself think of something else cuz I don't want anything else getting my hopes higher than they already are! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->