Your thoughts on acupuncture?

Laylani

Reaction score
I've just booked my first appointment with an acuPuncturist ( the same one as Celine Dion). From what I've read it helps and increases the chances when undergoing ivf. Has it worked for you?

Hi Laylani...

Just saw your post on the forum.... i used to be here and forget to pop back... in a word YES.... I feel it made all the difference when I was going through IVF/ICSI. I started weekly 3 months before the treatment, and then 2 treatments pre and post ET, then weekly until 12weeks. It def helped me feel calmer, i think i had less symptoms going through IVF with the drugs and I would not hesitate to do it again....next time!!

GOOD LUCK

xx

I was talking to a coworker today who did 2 failed IUIs and one failed IVF before her successful IVF and she did acupuncture on the month she got pregnant so I think there are definitely some benefits to it! I had a massage with acupuncture earlier in the week and really liked it. I'm thinking of booking for just acupuncture for next week to relieve some stress and to relax during the TWW.

I guess every little thing we do to help makes a difference! If anything I'm hoping it will keep me calm and relaxed!

I am doing acupuncture with my IVF this month. I heard from several others that they rec doing it so I thought why not give it a shot - it can only help. I have no idea if it will really help with the success of my IVF but it has certainly helped me to relax through the process and also I think helped with the symptoms during my stim phase.

I'd definitely recommend for others to do it - if you are anything like me life is crazy enough without adding the stress of infertility and IVF into it - anything that can help you slow down and relax is a good thing.

I have been going to acupuncture since July 2010, through 4 failed IUIs, and my recent successful IVF cycle. I really think it helped with medication side effects (I had almost none) and with stress management. My RE actually recommends it.
I plan on continuing through my pregnancy.

hello, I did acupunture for my third IUI and it was the only time I produced three follicles, (the first IUI was two and the second was one). The third IUI didn't work because the sperm volume was really really low but the acupunture definitely helped.
I gave up acupunture after that -I don't think I realised how much it helped until I had a cancelled IVF cycle at the beginning of march due to low response (only one follicle-can you imagaine!) and my stress levels were through the roof. I will hopefully have another IVF cycle at the end of May with a different protocol and I am going back to acupunture tomorrow. I think I will do it once a week untill I go on the meds and then maybe twice a week around the critical times.

When i first went I just thought well it cant hurt but now i really feel it did help that cycle so I am hoping it will help me this time aswell and keep me from getting stressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->