Your views on teens wanting to be pregnant?

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by RainDreamer13, Aug 26, 2009.

1. RainDreamer13

RainDreamer13 New Member

Heyoo all!

I'm new here! Hope your all well.

I'm 19, currently at uni second year. I've been with my boyfriend for almost three years. I have five friends all with children, and have always wanted to be a mother. I want the best for my children, to teach them all about the little things about life, be there for every step of the way. I also want the morning sickness, stretchmarks and worry! :) I would adore a baby and are planning to come off the pill when i finish uni (i know i won't be a teen then!)
    I was just wondering what your views were on teens who plan pregnancy?

Has anyone else planned a pregnancy? Does anyone have any other ambitions than motherhood? I feel a little odd when i tell people i want to be a mum and to raise a family.:S

2. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting a family at a young age. My sister is 19 and all she wants to be is a Mum. However, she's being sensible about it and is waiting until she's met someone she intends to spend forever with, has her degree finished, a good job, maternity pay lined up, a house, and has ticked off everything she wants to do in regards to things like travelling.

Kids are nice when they're your friends and you see them for an hour or so a day but they are incredibly hard work, and demanding of you and your time.

Maybe you should offer to babysit for a whole weekend to get a better idea of what it entails.

Also have a search through old posts on here, as whenever it comes up a lot of the teens Mums say they wouldn't trade it for the world, but wished they had waited.

If you know it's what you want, and you're sensible then why not. Enjoy your journey :)

3. RainDreamer13

RainDreamer13 New Member

Thank you for your views, I have done a lot of planning finances wise for the future. I think sometimes this subject can be very debatable! At the end of the day its upto the couple or family ivolved.

Thank you for the babysitting advice, I do look after my cousins aged between 10 months and 12 years during the summer holidays and on week days whilst their mums at work.It is tough, exhausting but very rewarding!

I hope your sisters dreams and ambitions come true, best of luck :)

4. xforuiholdonx

xforuiholdonx Momma to Emma and Coltin!

Well, I found out I was pregnant three days before I was supposed to sign my Military Contract. It was a massive ambition and dream of mine, and though this has happened, I refuse to not follow through. Make sure you have your life in order and get what you want to get done first.
    Good luck :)

5. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

I believe everything happens for a reason hun, and your life seems to be taking a different path right now but thats ok.

I'm a Mum and in the Army now as a reservist and it works fine. I'm hoping to go out to Afghanistan in 2011.

I don't think you can join up to the US military as a single Mum(I *think* you said you were single, but I can't remember, sorry) but remember that everything happens for a reason and you can and will achieve your dreams one day :hugs:

6. etcetera

etcetera Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to be a mom, i just love babies and children.

I guess you could say that my boyfriend and I did plan this to some extent.

7. aSh_x0x

aSh_x0x Well-Known Member

Hey hun, im in the same situation as u.
    Im 19 (20 next month) also in my 2nd year of university and have been with my boyfriend 2 years. I intend on spending my life with my boyfriend and have talked about engagement and marriage quite a bit. We also really want a baby but deep down in our hearts we know we have to wait, and it is sometimes very hard to wait as we are both impatient!
    I know waiting can be hard and tough, but it helps me to think about how much i love my boyfriend, and how nice it is to be just the two of us, as once a baby enters the world, it will no longer just be me and him, but me + him + a baby...
    I know we want a baby alot, but our time will come, and for the moment i am happy it being just the two of us..theres plenty of time for children! so dont rush anything =)

xx

8. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

I think wanting to be a mother as a teen is just fine and natural, I don't encourage teenagers to try to conceive though. :) There are exceptions obviously but the majority of teenagers (even mature ones) are just not ready to have babies.

9. jenny_wren

jenny_wren Queen Spammatha

i started ttc when i was 16 took us 2 and 1/2
    years to concieve emily she was 100% planned i tried
    the college route and didn't enjoy it i got good grades
    at school but at the end of the day i wanted a family
    and now i have one my and the oh have been together
    about 3 1/2 years now

once emily's a bit older i'll consider my options but
    for the minute im a sahm :thumbup:

i dont think ttc when young is a bad thing but in a
    way im glad she took 2 1/2 years to come about i dont
    think at 16/17 i would have been ready

my ambition - to one day be a teacher :flower:

xx​

10. trashit

trashit Guest

I have a few life dreams, one has already been achieved when i was 11, and another one has been achieved now in falling pregnant. I am 16, and im the first to admit i have done it a bit too young, it wasn't totally planned although too an extent was (which i know sounds quite confusing, but what i mean was we didn't actually sit down and say right we're gonna ttc, we just played with fate and got what was obviously going to happen and are now very happy about it!) Ive always been obsessed with having children, from a really early age, and even though i know its happened all too soon, i couldn't be happier and am really enjoying every last bit of it! To me, age doesn't matter, youget good (and terrible) parents of all ages, the age doesnt mean alot, its the maturity level. xx

11. Tiny_Phoebe

Tiny_Phoebe Guest

I don't think 90% of teens sit & decide that they actually want to TTC.
    But I think that in a sense sex has been played up alot in high school & it makes people want to explore more and more.
    I never imagined myself to be pregnant. & if it wasn't for a very "privileged" lifestyle I would not be able to afford most things. Then I would deffo have had to not go through with this.

12. amyw044

amyw044 Well-Known Member

i was 17 when i got pregnant with my little boy, id come off the pill so i was sort of trying. i think if your in a steady and stable relationship and you want a baby age doesnt matter to much xx

13. Christine1993

Christine1993 Full-time mummy to Aidan

Ive always wanted children but i never wanted one at this age (im sixteen) but in a way i did. Me and my boyfriend didnt use any form of contraception so i knew there was like a high risk of falling pregnant but i was stupid to think it wouldnt happen to me. Now im over half way there and im happier than ever! :)

14. Pixxie

Pixxie Mum to 1 little girl

I am 19, my boyfriend is 24 and we have been trying to concieve for 5 months now. We rent a 3 bed house, he has a good job im going back to college in september and am looking for a part time job. Were ready for a baby but are just letting nature take its course. If I get pregnant while at college Ill just take a gap year, which I can do since im doing a-levels.

My ambition is to be a tattooist, I did work at a studio but now im training myself :) x

15. HotChocolate

HotChocolate 2nd Trimester

Like Tasha said, it's natural to want a baby.. Lots of teenagers think about it and imagine how lovely it would be etc etc.

But in all honesty i don't think anybody really thinks about it in as much detail as they realise they should have when it actually comes to it. That may not be the case with everybody! But i'm 21 weeks pregnant and sometimes i have days where i wonder how the hell i'm going to cope..
    I know that i WILL, because i'll have to, but it's very pressurising even when you are in a relationship and still have that support.
    I'm not speaking for everybody, i'm only speaking for myself.. But i've heard lots of people say that they wish they'd of waited, regardless of the fact that they wouldn't change their child for the world.
    The only reason i have to say that i wish i'd of waited is i don't think i'm financially stable, which really brings me down sometimes.

I wanna say good luck to you though, you seem as though you really know what you want and that's a brilliant quality to have.

Good luck, :) xxx

16. sophie c

sophie c 2 gorgeous daughters <3

me and my OH have been together for nearly 4years now and we started trying about 2yrs into the relationship and we were ery lucky to get pregnant but unfortunately we lost that baby at 7weeks, this made me even more determined to have a baby, it took another 6mnths of trying to concieve our duaghter alys, i was 19 lwhen i fell pregnant the second time and the OH was 22! we have our own 2 bedroom flat with a garden and we are a secure family unit, i go back to work friday as a support worker for disabled children at a school and the OH is doing his security training but at the moment he will be a sahd. i think aslong as you plan ahead and make sure you are capable of looking after the baby in more ways that emotional but financially ect ect aswell then the age shouldnt matter aslong as its not tooo young.

ummm i think i babbled a load of nonsense lol hope it makes sense

xxxxxxx

17. xCarlyx

xCarlyx Active Member

Hey - I'm new too lol.

I don't have any problem with anyone planning a pregnancy whatever their age - as long as they aren't 15 years old.
    As long as you have the money to look after a child, the time to look after him/her, both parents want to take part in the childs life, who isn't on drugs etc then I don't see why you can't plan or have a child.
    For all you know you could be better parents than someone who has the money and who are a lot older.
    As long as you give it love and all the needs the child has to have then yeah there is no problem with it.

I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 21 and we both want a baby soon. We are both looking for work (he's on a placement atm) but that doesn't mean we can't look after a baby and care for it.
    I've had that battery baby thing back when I was 16 and I loved it apart from it was hard and not actually like a baby - but I loved waking up in the night to feed etc.
    I want to work with children as I love being around them - just got to get a job.

Good luck with whatever you do :)

18. pinklemonade

pinklemonade Member

I think some people just can't controll their feelings. I mean I would love nothing more to fall pregnant now, but I know deep down it would be better if I waited, and I would want full conscent from the daddy :] aswell as being financially able to support ourselves.
    I think it just depends on the person, teen mums can just be as good as mums who have waited and done everything they have wanted to do. I'm sure at whatever age you will always think what if.. and think of things you wanted to do, or could do if you were pregnant when you were younger.

19. jadeemma79

jadeemma79 Guest

i just think it all depends on the person, but i really dont think any teen should TTC until they've left school, most teen mums are just as good as older mums if not better!