Your views on teens wanting to be pregnant?

... I wouldnt have tried to get pregnant, but i wouldnt change anything now i actually am. accidents happen but i would have waited otherwise!

I think if you are really financially able to care for a child and have a plan age doesn't matter so much. Not that I would encourage a teen to have a baby, but at the same time I understand what it's like to want to have one. Once our bodies have the ability to reproduce I think it's just a natural desire. I've always loved children and wanted a baby of my own, but I had to sit myself down and realize that babies don't stay babies forever. They grow up so fast, and before you know it you're going to have a toddler of your own, years go by and you'll have a teenager of your own, not so long after will be an adult of your own, and so on. Most of my friends who want babies are just thinking of the pregnancy and once the LO has been born, but they haven't thought to the future to when their child will get older. In a lot of ways, for them, it's like wanting a puppy or something. So I think as long as you realize what the future will hold for you, there's not really a problem with it. Young mothers make just as fine mothers as older ones, it's just all about where your heart is. I think all of you ladies on here do a great job. =)

i first got pregnant at 18, OH was 28 it was planned i had finished college and was working part time OH was a teacher so he was bringing most of the money home, 7 months after DD was born i found i was expecting again (planned). i was a sahm for a yr then returned to work in a home were i have been studying also. now both kids are at school, im happy in my job and have been promoted to a senior position. im now ttc No3 im 24. OH and i married 5 yrs ago.

if you have a supportive partner a roof over your head and food on the table i see no problem it worked for me, and i didnt have my parents support until last november when a family death brought us back in contact but my inlaws were fabulous.
i hate the way some older peole look down on young mums, i still get it now and it annoys me. i work hard for my children as well as studying and keeping house i stil have time help them with homework and reading and bedtime stories.

I love being a mum and i wouldnt have it any other way :)

sorry for the rant :)

I think if you already have a baby and your a teen and your coping well and are in a decent financial state then its all good to plan and TTC another cause you know what the deal is :hugs:

Other than that I think its a little weird?

As much as we love our unborn baba to pieces - there is no damn way we would have "tried" to concieve her! I was pretty happy being a wreck-head party girl!

But now she's coming and when she's here I wouldn't change it for the world ^_^ x

I don't think age matters in the sense of how good of a mum you'd be, but I think it's always better to wait until you're in a stable relationship, with a good income and a home. I'm 17 and, like most teens, have broody feelings now and then but would never try to conceive until I knew in my heart I was ready and so was my OH. Accidents happen but trying or "not trying, not preventing" seems a little silly to me at such a young age. I like the thought of spending as much time with my OH as just the two of us and with a baby. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->